What do you name Captain Steele?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Same thing I named my CoC charachter: Tiberius. Been fond of that name for awhile now so I use it whenever I need a name for an rp, and luckily its easy to change into a female form as Tiberia (I'm meh on that version though, so I stick with Tiberius even when playing a girl sometimes). Would be nice if we had a way of changing our name to its masculine/feminine form when we change sexes, because if you name yourself George and then become a girl it seems a tad weird. (We've already seen a character change their name when they changed sex with Embry)

I've known a few women named George. But to the meat of the matter, just think of all names as gender neutral and this way you won't have an issue with what sex your character is. That or, you know, preferred gender option in character appearance tab.

Vote for name changing added, though. It's useful.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Yup name change would be good to have if some truly need change starter name to something more fitting actual form of PC. Thou Victor was implied to be many diff spacies or even genders and seemly always been refered as Victor so that thing about future society bothered with not fiting to current gender name looks like almsot nonexistent issue. Just our present time way of thinking telling it's weird to have female PC named as male that was male at start but went full transformation.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Yup name change would be good to have if some truly need change starter name to something more fitting actual form of PC. Thou Victor was implied to be many diff spacies or even genders and seemly always been refered as Victor so that thing about future society bothered with not fiting to current gender name looks like almsot nonexistent issue. Just our present time way of thinking telling it's weird to have female PC named as male that was male at start but went full transformation.

From what I remember, Victor always seemed to have a baseline human form to go back to, atleast if the flavour text on Terran Treats aswell as character creation is anything to go by. In any event, in a world where celebrities name their kids the weirdest things, I'm happy to call a girl John, if need be.

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
Just our present time way of thinking telling it's weird to have female PC named as male that was male at start but went full transformation.

yeah i agree itd be nice to have a name changer, but at the same time i generally plan ahead and use gender neutral names (Kai, Alex is my personal favorite) for characters i know are at some point going to swap dangly bits for other dangly bits. Plus swaping genders takes a serious toll on your credits if your picky about breast size or penis size. And save scumming for results or to better my odds at getting more credits takes longer then id like, considering I purposely test game mechanics just as a "hmm lets see what happens next..." (as an example, haven't tested this yet) *gets character pregnant, then goes to get Dr. Lash to remove vagina* "and now I play the waiting game."

Getting back on topic though, usally the same names ive always used for RPGs. Dalgon is easly my top faveorite for a male character and one that doesn't seem to pop up to often. Lenith is my favorite female name.  And my female half-dick-slap-race 

"What should I name this race?"

*hits dick on keyboard*

"Eyy, say hello ausar!"

is named Roxi.

Last edited by a moderator:

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Terran Treats were created by Steele Tech in recent years as a response to Victor having been so fucked up by his adventures that his DNA was breaking down under the stress of all the mutations he'd undergone.  In order to get back to looking mostly human he had to do the dance you can do in CoC where with very careful application of a shitload of different items you can almost get back to human, but that just fucked him up even more internally because now he was a human-looking mishmash of various bits of alien DNA.  It's glossed over, but making sure Captain Steele was healthy must have involve virtually creating his/her entire genetic code from scratch to match what Victor had on record rather than what was in his sperm by that point.

The intent was that the prototype Terran Treats helped Victor hold himself together during those final years, but was insufficient to actually cure his condition when he was that far gone.  If someone like Penny or Ceria were to use Terran Treats, it would put them back in human form with no side effects, both because modern transformatives are safer than those from 200 years ago and because they've only transformed into one particular thing and not hundreds of times into hundreds of various things.  Captain Steele can transform all he/she likes, because he/she's got the custom-built nanites that ensure he/she's not going to fuck him/herself up beyond repair unless he/she does something really fucking stupid like Treat or Dumbfuck him/herself.

Un-done screw

Sep 21, 2015
i usually go for names that gender ambiguous in case i don't want to keep Steele as his/her starting gender, my current play through he's called Maldi.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Character renaming...soon?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
And save scumming for results or to better my odds at getting more credits takes longer then id like, considering I purposely test game mechanics just as a "hmm lets see what happens next..." (as an example, haven't tested this yet) *gets character pregnant, then goes to get Dr. Lash to remove vagina* "and now I play the waiting game."

I'll tell you now he won't touch them. I do the exact same thing, test things that aren't explicitly stated, and Lash was one of those things.

Captain Steele can transform all he/she likes, because he/she's got the custom-built nanites that ensure he/she's not going to fuck him/herself up beyond repair unless he/she does something really fucking stupid like Treat or Dumbfuck him/herself.

To save hassle with constant his(him)/her just use they/them, especially since you're contextually talking plural meta collective playerbase hypothetical

Tenacious_Tiddy

Sep 24, 2015
Tennessee
I'll tell you now he won't touch them. I do the exact same thing, test things that aren't explicitly stated, and Lash was one of those things.

well thats fine too, it was just an example, last experiment i pulled was was pissing the raskvel off with a Captain Steel that was hyper-feminized but had the wrong part between her legs... they were a little disappointed to say the least. Something along the lines of "how dare you not be a female" or some such.

Eyero

Sep 27, 2015
Honestly, I just tend to name my Steele John/Jane.

It's a generic name, which offers versatility in how they develop (it'd be kinda weird to have Sir DogKicker McWankFace's actual name be French for "good-hearted" or something.).

Plus the slang used to refer to a prostitute's customers being "johns" seems fitting.

And finally, we're in space, banging our way to victory (okay?). Only seems right that I name him after Commander John Motherfuckin' Shepard.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
And finally, we're in space, banging our way to victory (okay?). Only seems right that I name him after Commander John Motherfuckin' Shepard.

I named my Commander, German, simply because how funny it would be to imagine someone in the Mass Effect world googling you and getting a fun reply (Grunt is the most liable to do that sort of thing I'd say)

Night

Aug 26, 2015
I just use my first and middle names for my Tech and Merc characters respectively (Logan and Mitchel). I didnt want to use my CoC names because i felt the nostalgia would bring back the pain from the death of CoC.

JesterHell

Aug 31, 2015
I typically go as follows.

1. user name
  2. Duke (Nukem)
  3. random name generator
not very creative but then I don't rp.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Honestly, I just tend to name my Steele John/Jane.

It's a generic name, which offers versatility in how they develop (it'd be kinda weird to have Sir DogKicker McWankFace's actual name be French for "good-hearted" or something.).

Plus the slang used to refer to a prostitute's customers being "johns" seems fitting.

You rang?

Eyero

Sep 27, 2015
We'll bang, okay?

Now all we need is the opportunity to do the following during the next Jack/Jill encounter.

Rival: *insert pretentious trash-talk here*

Steele: I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions. 

*HAYMAKER*

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Now all we need is the opportunity to do the following during the next Jack/Jill encounter.

Rival: *insert pretentious trash-talk here*

Steele: I've had enough of your disingenuous assertions. 

*HAYMAKER*

I secretly hope for some sort of resolution with your Rival, that doesn't end in one of you dying... Cousin-fucking? Cousin-fucking.

TheHiddenOne

Sep 14, 2015
I secretly hope for some sort of resolution with your Rival, that doesn't end in one of you dying... Cousin-fucking? Cousin-fucking.

I would find it highly amusing if you could scam your Rival out of his/her inheritance..

Steal back what your uncle stole your father and take his heir as a bonus :D

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I would find it highly amusing if you could scam your Rival out of his/her inheritance..

Steal back what your uncle stole your father and take his heir as a bonus :D

Funny, but no. To me, your rival is just a product of their enviroment, and not inherently evil.

Reactions: ShySquare

JesterHell

Aug 31, 2015
Funny, but no. To me, your rival is just a product of their enviroment, and not inherently evil.

And that mean I shouldn't be able to fuck them over both figuratively and literally?

I would say let it be the player choice because I would totally take them for everything they had, do unto others as they have done unto you... or at least tried to do to you.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
And that mean I shouldn't be able to fuck them over both figuratively and literally?

I would say let it be the player choice because I would totally take them for everything they had, do unto others as they have done unto you... or at least tried to do to you.

I agree, player choice is the best way to go.

JesterHell

Aug 31, 2015
I agree, player choice is the best way to go.

I was actually feel that I jumped the gun with my post, as after rereading your post it does seem like you meant personal preference anyway so my bad and I apologize.

RussianSorcerer

Sep 27, 2015
Describing my characters in a variety of video games I stick 5 names.

1) Arius.

2) Ahriman.

3) Mhotep.

4) Magnus.

5) Horus.

I play only for male characters, so all the men's names.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Describing my characters in a variety of video games I stick 5 names.

1) Arius.

2) Ahriman.

3) Mhotep.

4) Magnus.

5) Horus.

I play only for male characters, so all the men's names.

Finally someone who seems to be waiting for the introduction of Space Magicks as eagerly as I do. Shame they are heretical scum  ¬¬

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015

I agree. Plus, we don't even know for sure whether what Victor Steele told Steele Jr was true or not. Somewhere in the intro of the game, it is even said that the Rival was probably raised thinking Victor stole parts of their dad's fortune, just like you were raised thinking that of Max. How do we know which brother is lying, and which one is saying the truth ?

Personnally I like to think they were originally partners in crime, but had some kind of disagreement and tried to split the fortune they earned together between the two of them, but it did not go smoothly and both ended up feeling wronged by the other.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I agree. Plus, we don't even know for sure whether what Victor Steele told Steele Jr was true or not. Somewhere in the intro of the game, it is even said that the Rival was probably raised thinking Victor stole parts of their dad's fortune, just like you were raised thinking that of Max. How do we know which brother is lying, and which one is saying the truth ?

Hidden Content

Would just like to see some kind of... reconciliation. Maybe I'm just stuck in an open RP mindset, and need to move back inside the box.