What do you name Captain Steele?

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Since we're on a kick of asking questions about what you do with your version of Captain Steele, what do you pick for a name?  Do you use your name, a recurring one for games, or one specially for Steele?

My selection of choice is typically Asteria Steele.  It's a Polish or French name, so it's of roughly the appropriate cultural region if we assume Victor is a European mix as his own name suggests, and derives from space terminology without being in your face about it.  It's feminine, since I almost always play a hyperfeminine Steele, but in a pinch it can be truncated for a male character.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
At first I used a nickname of my real name. Then I ended up using the name Raze or Razeluxe. 

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Since we're on a kick of asking questions about what you do with your version of Captain Steele, what do you pick for a name?  Do you use your name, a recurring one for games, or one specially for Steele?

I just pick a name I like that I think fits the character I'm going to build. So far I think I've had

• Kaede (Gee)
  • Shade (I wonder what happens)
  • Astra (When Savin likes a character he makes)
  • Claire
  • Yuna
  • Mara
Random name generators are my friends.

Reactions: ShySquare

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Well, that certainly explains the puppyslut proliferation.

Though yeah, I've done that too.  Ceria is basically the Steele I would build using Sylvanol and Sky Sap together.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I just (metaphorically) slapped the keyboard and came up with Nerali. I name stuff based on syllables that sound interesting with no rhyme or reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Once used my first name but it wasn't working so maybe would use it someday when TiTS grown up more way more. As for now it's Jack or Sonia depending my PC starting gender. Also Couch that name you meantioned form me looks more French like than Polish like.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Depends, so far I've spent significant time on Yelena, Ashley and Tomyris.

Yelena is named after an old gaming pal of mine.

Ashley because it's a good gender-neutral name for herms.

And Tomyris because... well, because she killed Cyrus the Great.

Fisto

Aug 26, 2015
Fisto for the majority, Fiato for some Girl/Herm characters, but mostly Fisto just because it's the name i recognize as myself across games now

NeverWorks

Sep 12, 2015
My Steele is always human, but I like using animal names or animal part names for my Steele characters. My last character was a girl named Terri whose name came about when I thought of a Jack Terrier. I've had male characters named Jag, from Jaguar, Ante, from Antelope, Axol from Axolotl. I've also had herms named Komo, Flami, Lemura, and girls named Guin, Tula, Vix, and Rhio, if anyone wanted to guess some. Makes the naming process go faster for me.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
I just nick one from the things I read/play/watch/do atm., usually trying to select racially, gender or background appropriate one. Which is hard considering we know next to nothing about TiTS races' naming conventions.

Active saves right now are Olivia the Spass Druid(?), Edmond the throwaway Merc,  Yuri the Someday Psion and Saigou the Sace Ninja.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
I usually pick a name that corresponds with what I am planning to do when a start a new one. Sometimes the name of a fictional character I like or a Japanese name. For example, if I am planning to do a white-haired half-Ausar, I will name it Shiro, that kind of thing.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
"What should I name this race?"

*hits dick on keyboard*

"Eyy, say hello ausar!"

I bow before a true master of hitting-keyboard-with-dick school.

However I was wondering about naming conventions that different races in TiTS have when it comes to their members, e.g. what similarities in their roots, structure, meaning and pronunciation do the names of various puppuysluts have?

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
I usually go with my first name.  And luckily for me, just one letter can make it feminine. 

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Izzy the merc
Tessa the techie
...and when I start up a smuggler, Megan.

I usually stare at the naming screen until one comes to mind.

Reactions: ShySquare

Shido

Aug 28, 2015
Depending on gender and how I wish to play them I name them as so:

M/F - Kind - Zero/Nada

M/F - Mischievous - Sol/Luna

M/F - Hard - Kuro/Akira

I rarely move away from these names when playing games.

Darkwarpalg6

Aug 28, 2015
I always go with a self established set of names and each one is of a particular archetype.

Merc: Zeke (yes I know, super awkward when I met the NPC of the same name all of ten minutes after starting, but that's always been my main name)

Merc 2: Sheena (a name I thought would be perfect for an angry wolfgirl)

Tech: Rekka (a name that was meant to be ironic as he is a trappy submissive catboy with dreams of being a slave)

Smug: Sozen (a name I came up with when I was making a character on The Secret World, with the first name "Sorel" and last name "Zen", a character I tried and failed to make chaste in CoC)

DjinnOfArc

Aug 29, 2015
My names are always either weird hybrids of words, or just the name of some sort of mythological something.

For example, my main character in TiTS is named Silbern. (2 Words combined that have the same meaning, silver. Suited the character since it was a silver hair colored asuar merc.) While in CoC, my main character was named Furaribi (A kind of mythological monster that is like a traveling flame. Male kitsune. Thought it worked out nicely.)

Some I do make randomly though, such as Kiri my female vanae tech.

Ethereal Dragon

Aug 28, 2015
Tend to go with Sierra which I've used for a name for a while. It's a name I used for a character in a private RP. I also need to get around to using a common name I use with games. Aeraesoria which is gender neutral but if I want a more feminine sounding way to say the name I go with Aeraeseria. The other name I used heavily before I switched completely over to futanari for a male character was Drake.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
named mine the same as my user name here because I'm a narcissistic

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Same thing I named my CoC charachter: Tiberius. Been fond of that name for awhile now so I use it whenever I need a name for an rp, and luckily its easy to change into a female form as Tiberia (I'm meh on that version though, so I stick with Tiberius even when playing a girl sometimes). Would be nice if we had a way of changing our name to its masculine/feminine form when we change sexes, because if you name yourself George and then become a girl it seems a tad weird. (We've already seen a character change their name when they changed sex with Embry)

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Same thing I named my CoC charachter: Tiberius. Been fond of that name for awhile now so I use it whenever I need a name for an rp, and luckily its easy to change into a female form as Tiberia (I'm meh on that version though, so I stick with Tiberius even when playing a girl sometimes). Would be nice if we had a way of changing our name to its masculine/feminine form when we change sexes, because if you name yourself George and then become a girl it seems a tad weird. (We've already seen a character change their name when they changed sex with Embry)

Interesting idea.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015

My selection of choice is typically Asteria Steele.  It's a Polish or French name, so it's of roughly the appropriate cultural region if we assume Victor is a European mix as his own name suggests, and derives from space terminology without being in your face about it.  It's feminine, since I almost always play a hyperfeminine Steele, but in a pinch it can be truncated for a male character.

Lauriallia Bouquet for fem/herm or Lauriant Bouquet for male, pretty much use this or variants of this in PCRPGs.