New Game+

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
So I've been wondering, why doesn't TiTs have a New Game+ button like CoC did when you got bad ends?

It was a nice way to start fresh without having to grind your way back to where you were, made starting a new character much less painful and allowed someone to focus more on the story than just mowing down countless foes to get your level/money to acceptable levels.

Was there a specific reason for it not being added? Or is it planned but not yet until more levels/bad ends are in the game? Or did the devs just plain forget that was a thing?

P.s. If there actually is a new game+ mode that I completely didn't notice, that would be nice to know too.

(Someone tell me if I posted in the wrong spot, I'm pretty sure it goes here, but you never know)

Last edited by a moderator:

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
It is one of these. I don't know which one. 

I'mma bet you guys forgot, not surprising with how much stuff you got to program and shiz, at least for Gedan and Fen when it comes to the coding department. 

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
You can always just click the Load button if you get a bad end.

Admittedly this doesn't help with if you want to start a fresh character, but I find half the fun of that is in the growth process.

Last edited by a moderator:

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
You can always just click the Load button if you get a bad end.

Admittedly this doesn't help with if you want to start a fresh character, but I find half the fun of that is in the growth process.

It's not the bad ends that bother me, I reload normally when things go bad, its that it gets tiring re-training new chars after awhile.

Reactions: orochi02

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
I bet it's have something with game been so far "short" so even if we restart it not take hours and hours like in coc to get to point we get bad end. How long now can take speed run in tits? 1-2 hours max? Also both games got different lvl-ing system (here we not have infinity lvl cap so say restarting at Mhen'ga with already lvl 6-7 chara that then also keep eq for last game - well even without last game eq PC stats will make possible smash it way to first probe with bare fist/start eq).

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I bet it's have something with game been so far "short" so even if we restart it not take hours and hours like in coc to get to point we get bad end. How long now can take speed run in tits? 1-2 hours max? Also both games got different lvl-ing system (here we not have infinity lvl cap so say restarting at Mhen'ga with already lvl 6-7 chara that then also keep eq for last game - well even without last game eq PC stats will make possible smash it way to first probe with bare fist/start eq).

True, that's why one of my guesses was that it isn't in yet because the game doesn't have enough levels in yet. Though I don't see the problem with just smashing your way to the first prob with your fists, in CoC if you new gamed with a level 25+ character you could pummel virtually anything with just your fists too. The point is simply to get a fresh character for new story decisions after all, not redo the old grind with previous enemies. But yes it's probably best to wait till I guess level 10 at least before we get a strong need for New Game+ in the game.

Physicaldamage

Aug 31, 2015
True, that's why one of my guesses was that it isn't in yet because the game doesn't have enough levels in yet. Though I don't see the problem with just smashing your way to the first prob with your fists, in CoC if you new gamed with a level 25+ character you could pummel virtually anything with just your fists too. The point is simply to get a fresh character for new story decisions after all, not redo the old grind with previous enemies. But yes it's probably best to wait till I guess level 10 at least before we get a strong need for New Game+ in the game.

Well Coc is massively ahead in its developmental cycle. It simply has the content(albeit lots of loose ends) for new game plus to be entertaining. A lot of the features in TiTs have not even showed up yet or are where they need to be. I would rather see those than a new game +.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Well Coc is massively ahead in its developmental cycle. It simply has the content(albeit lots of loose ends) for new game plus to be entertaining. A lot of the features in TiTs have not even showed up yet or are where they need to be. I would rather see those than a new game +.

Well New Game+ was actually a very early thing in CoC, so its not like it was something that was added in near the end of the development cycle. Overall its a very simple thing to add, all New Game+ did was port over the xp and whatever your char was wearing to a new game. Honestly I don't even care about the porting items (Which was nice if you wanted an item that requires a different choice path than what you would normally choose), but the xp transfer is the core which is even more important now that your perks can be significantly different. If you want to try out different career paths, as well as different ways of using said paths, having a quick way to get back up to speed is a nice option to have.

But I'm willing to wait until it gets in, and it seems this thread had the added bonus of reminding folks New Game+ was even a thing, which is a bonus.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Hmm all those points made between my posts seems fair. Yet I again would say new game with kept xp only would upseat balance - ok jsut for those who aren't only for fap here jsut those tat likes do something more too. Been able smash throu first/second planet with bare hands is not jsut that. As long ago Savin stated due to replying to some post each planet have lvl range that all was there balanced around. So if new game+ would mean some lvl up loosing or outright revert ot lvl 1 I wouldn't mind it added it now (or well maybe when we would get playtime much longer that it's now (lvl 12 or so I think would be enough chances to put in many stuff invbtween 1 and 12 lvl's to make people spend ling time to do all possible stuff) as even if I try not to do it fast I still ends up doing 99% things in short time so I could as well just start new game or load start save than use new game+).

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Hmm all those points made between my posts seems fair. Yet I again would say new game with kept xp only would upseat balance - ok jsut for those who aren't only for fap here jsut those tat likes do something more too. Been able smash throu first/second planet with bare hands is not jsut that. As long ago Savin stated due to replying to some post each planet have lvl range that all was there balanced around. So if new game+ would mean some lvl up loosing or outright revert ot lvl 1 I wouldn't mind it added it now (or well maybe when we would get playtime much longer that it's now (lvl 12 or so I think would be enough chances to put in many stuff invbtween 1 and 12 lvl's to make people spend ling time to do all possible stuff) as even if I try not to do it fast I still ends up doing 99% things in short time so I could as well just start new game or load start save than use new game+).

Well yeah, it's probably too soon now for the option to New Game+, since CoC from the beginning allowed you to go to however high a level as you felt going to compared to TiTs where every few months is when a new level is added. It makes more sense to wait on it, at least till there are more levels to reach. Level 10 to 12 seems like a good time to consider putting it in.

Though I don't see the point in a New Game+ that reverted you to level 1, I mean what would make that different enough from a regular new game as to be worth programming?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Though I don't see the point in a New Game+ that reverted you to level 1, I mean what would make that different enough from a regular new game as to be worth programming?

I more meant revert to lvl 1 as in terms of been able again pick each lvl-up perk. As now without this we would ends up PC that have already set part of all perks from lvl-up. For stats would be hard thing to deal it since well been lvl 1 again mean tons of points to divide again unless game will remember our former lvl and not gives new pts till we outlvl our new game after starting new game+. What point you ask...name itself imply we start anew jsut with some small or well bigger boost compared to typical new game. So reverting chara back to lvl 1 would fit in line with it (again CoC had infinity well at least in theory lvl cap and with higher lvl we was getting less up to merely 1 xp per enemy killed while here whatever you lvl 1 or 8 beating zil will give you always 20 xp).

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
I more meant revert to lvl 1 as in terms of been able again pick each lvl-up perk. As now without this we would ends up PC that have already set part of all perks from lvl-up. For stats would be hard thing to deal it since well been lvl 1 again mean tons of points to divide again unless game will remember our former lvl and not gives new pts till we outlvl our new game after starting new game+. What point you ask...name itself imply we start anew jsut with some small or well bigger boost compared to typical new game. So reverting chara back to lvl 1 would fit in line with it (again CoC had infinity well at least in theory lvl cap and with higher lvl we was getting less up to merely 1 xp per enemy killed while here whatever you lvl 1 or 8 beating zil will give you always 20 xp).

Oh that's what you mean, well yeah that's what I'm hoping New Game+ will be like too. I mean in CoC you were pushed back to lvl 1, but had all the experience needed to get back to where you were, so you could pick different perks if you wanted (Though if you were level 25 or so you could get all the perks in the game more or less). 

Anyway, yes being able to repick perks in a new playthrough is really important since you might find a better perk to get compared to what you got the first time around.