Favourite Starting Race

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Literally asking, what is your favourite TiTS starting Race?

Is it the Human, the Ausar, Kaithrit, Leithan or Kui-tan.

And why do you like starting with that race?

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I chose human. Why? Because dog/cat-eared people doesn't mean much to me, quadruped frame is not what I'm fond of concerning smut (though I really like leithan design) and I am not into furry. So it's all about savescumming all the way until I get the exact features I want/like from every race. Now we need to fill the wiki with how each thing is like and I'll be golden.

Nebula Fox

Aug 26, 2015
Goo starting race whenever that gets in because you can never have enough goo/slime/jel girls.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Leithan, most alien of the starters and I like new and different. 

Now we need to fill the wiki with how each thing is like and I'll be golden.

What? Do you mean have the wiki have each TF's description? Because I think it already does that, vaguely, with the flags.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
What? Do you mean have the wiki have each TF's description? Because I think it already does that, vaguely, with the flags.

I meant it as in "I'm so silly my mind can't think of differences between zil chitinous arms and leithan chitinous arms, halp".

Last edited by a moderator:

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Kaithrit (male) or Kui-tan (herm) mostly. Because femboys and furries.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I meant it as in "I'm so silly my mind can't think of differences between zil chitinous arms and leithan chitinous arms, halp".

I think that's when you go to the respective race page and read their description and/or look at art, though the latter is subject to artistic vision and interpretation.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I think that's when you go to the respective race page and read their description and/or look at art, though the latter is subject to artistic vision and interpretation.

Trust me if I say I've already done that (though a second read is NEVER a bad thing), but since the TF bits is what drives me to play TiTS so far, I have this wish of knowing each detail of otherwise very similar features so that I can pick the right TF item. Even if it's for cosmetic reasons.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Human since I like watch later apperance descr of saying I started as human and then turned to X race. Plus well any other half-breeds we can get easy with TF ingame (but their cost there credits). So yeah start easy like another borring human and then let the TF rollercaster run wild and fast. Beside does it matte rmuch what race we start as? It not like we gonna keep it for whole walkthrou.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Puppyslut alpha race represent. 

Kaithrit is a close second, tho. 

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Ausar, since there's no foxes... Yet?

Fox and cat morphs... My favorite. Well, should my cat-morph submission be implemented, I'd consider writing fox one.

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Kaithrit for me; I like the twin tails. Ausar sounded cool, but I was hoping for optional floppy ears like a golden retriever has. Mandatory Anubis ears lends a harsh image, and most of by chars are kinda dopey.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Human, though they rarely stay that way.  Final race varies depending on the run, but I prefer horse-morphs with a little vanae, naleen and zil mixed in for dem glowy bits, dose claws and eyes, and dat tongue.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
Don't have any major preference between Human, Ausar and Kaith'rit. Although a human never tends to stay human for long.

Kitsune

Aug 27, 2015
I personally have trouble  not staying human, I somehow always play with minimal transformations.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Ausar, since there's no foxes... Yet?

Well Kui-Tan had till moment all went out of window space neibours that are space foxes (Sionach - irony in that codex was that Kui-Tan was actualy living on biggest moon of Sionach homeworld xD and that well foxes and tanuki are pretty much not liking themself as some sources saying).

VerySexyGrammar

Aug 27, 2015
What's most disappointing about the starting race choices is... there aren't any sci-fi options at all! All four alternate options are just regular furries (one technically scalie), there isn't a single proper alien-like option or bot/synth option.

If I want to play as a character I can identify with, I just pick Human male and don't really use any transformations.

If I want to "watch" an attractive female character go through the game's events, I also make a Human, and make whatever modifications I like.

So for me it's more than just a "favorite"; I always, always pick Human.

Reactions: 1 person

Kitsune

Aug 27, 2015
What's most disappointing about the starting race choices is... there aren't any sci-fi options at all! All four alternate options are just regular furries (one technically scalie), there isn't a single proper alien-like option or bot/synth option.

Oh yes, I would absolutely love see some sort of android race or maybe prosthetics that could potentially even give you stat boosts. Those actually sound like mods/transformations I might actually use.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015

The problem here (and I think it shouldn't but hey gotta follow the rules) is that some (lots?) of the creators came from a furry-esque background and the blurry gray area that is the line demarking bestiality so for the sake of being safe (or unconsciously avoiding the area) what we end up with is humanoids that look extremely human except for minor things.

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
The problem here (and I think it shouldn't but hey gotta follow the rules) is that some (lots?) of the creators came from a furry-esque background and the blurry gray area that is the line demarking bestiality so for the sake of being safe (or unconsciously avoiding the area) what we end up with is humanoids that look extremely human except for minor things.

Coming up with really alien-looking aliens is hard.  There's a reason why Vulcans are just space elves and Cardassians are just kinda wrinkly gray humans.  True, we don't have costuming budgets to worry about in a text medium, but we instead have the challenge of communicating everything about how an alien race looks in only words.  Only a lucky few races get pictures.  Animal traits are an important shorthand for helping the reader form a clear mental picture of the race if you can't get an artist to help you.

That said, there are ways to get a little more exotic while keeping the picture crisp.  Blended species like the naleen are a good example, taking two base species and producing a unique mix from it that's still easy to visualize.  I'm attempting the same with Manisha by using both beetle and scorpion elements in her design, but only time will tell if I'm as successful.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Starting race is something that Victor was able to have child with. SO it quite limiting by lore already choice of half-breeds.

Synth/robo start race...well so far only Bess/Ben got promise that could be able be to knock up/koncked up by PC but that all due to some special modul added to her/him. Other robots so far are just...machines. And more alien like concepts of life forms... it could be made but again lore say that..."alien" need to fill role of mother for PC. IN case life form that say is pure energy or work on different principle than carbon life forms....that would be one nightmare to explain how it's possible that PC born in first place.

Changing into something really "alien" due to TF items is not so hard (as long Fen and Co give us fundation for such possibility) and well is one of features of game (some maybe even like it for that with each added TF possibility to combine different body part shapes/colors/etc.).

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Coming up with really alien-looking aliens is hard.  There's a reason why Vulcans are just space elves and Cardassians are just kinda wrinkly gray humans.  True, we don't have costuming budgets to worry about in a text medium, but we instead have the challenge of communicating everything about how an alien race looks in only words.  Only a lucky few races get pictures.  Animal traits are an important shorthand for helping the reader form a clear mental picture of the race if you can't get an artist to help you.

That said, there are ways to get a little more exotic while keeping the picture crisp.  Blended species like the naleen are a good example, taking two base species and producing a unique mix from it that's still easy to visualize.  I'm attempting the same with Manisha by using both beetle and scorpion elements in her design, but only time will tell if I'm as successful.

It's always been that way in mythologies. Either they chimera it up with assorted animal bits (humans included), or they throw a vague description usually meaning "it's too bizarre to convey so just imagine something messed up". Even the Alien and Predator races were just human+banana head+extra mouth and human+crab/lobster face. I think they did so well just because their forms had better flow than most chimeras, and they strayed far enough from human-looking aliens.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
the blurry gray area that is the line demarking bestiality so for the sake of being safe (or unconsciously avoiding the area) what we end up with is humanoids that look extremely human except for minor things.

Sad fact: so far, my favorite alien design is that of varmints.

Enigmatic D

Aug 27, 2015
I prefer the Kaithrit for my first pick. Kui-tan would be my second choice. Cats and raccoons appeal to me a lot.