What's your favorite gap moe thing?

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
For me, it's when a dominant character acts submissive, or when a submissive character acts dominant.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shido

Aug 28, 2015
I would have to say when a character that is normally a tomboy/tomgirl changes to the opposite and shows a different side of themselves that almost no one else has seen.

Decanter

Aug 27, 2015
This term is kind of new to me, so answers don't readily spring to mind, but I look forward to other people posting examples. :3

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who doesn't know what "gap moe trash" is. I assume it has to do with moe manganime, and the word "trash" denotes a bad quality to it, but that's all I can muster.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I like the tomboy thing too.

NEET-Hime

Aug 27, 2015
I don't really find unexpected behavior to be Moe, expected behavior is Moe to me. Like when i flirt with Mokou and she gets all mad, or Tewi and I play a prank on Reisen.

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I'm okay with some versions of Gap Moe, but it's got to be well executed. Others, like 'A dominant acting submissive', i'm dead against. Mostly because these terms have a more concrete meaning for me BDSM-wise, rather than the fast-and-loose definition used around these parts.

I'm a fan of, in moderation:

• Your classic Tsundere, male or female.
  • Tough or cool guys/girls being softies deep down.
  • Thin guys stuffing their face with food (Like Darker than Black).
  • A stoic male/female character doing something wacky or cracking a joke.
  • A totally feminine guy/girl suddenly turning tough, angry, and almost testosterone fuelled over something. Points for loss of cutesy voice, devil flames, and if the character in question is a motherly type like Kasumi Tendo talking smack like a WWF opponent.
It's not really a fetish, just kinda funny and/or cute. A great example for me is almost anything Kurisu Makise from Steins;Gate does (Particularly in the movie), or when Rintarou Okabe turns dead serious and emotional instead of wacky batshit scientist.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
@JimT: Oh, oh! I don't know if you remember Myougi Marika from Princess Evangile (stereotypical student council president), but she turns out to be a total sub in the fandisc.

I agree with everything you said, but my favorite still stands (although BDSM attitudes are naturally more complicated than that in real life).

JimThermic

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
@JimT: Oh, oh! I don't know if you remember Myougi Marika from Princess Evangile (stereotypical student council president), but she turns out to be a total sub in the fandisc.

Oh reeealllly—? I might have to finish the last of that game so I can play the Fandisk then, cuz busty subs are totes my thing. She wasn't really Domme to begin with, though, was she?

As I said, the BDSM terminology thing is just my hang-up. Words are fluid, and it depends what circles you're in. :3 

Mercy

Sep 14, 2015
I will admit I am an unrepentant lover of Tsundere characters. Especially when they get far too sweet for their own good, its adorable and it slays me way too hard. Even if it is about the most unrealistic thing ever.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
@JimT: Haha, that's more of an ojou-sama turning out to be a really lewd girl.

...Which is all of the characters in that VN.

busty subs

Yes.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Genki characters (or their close western equivalents) being sad, or gods forbid crying. The fact that an average lifespan of such character in any media I consume nowadays is super short doesn't help either.