Seeds of Chaos [Ren'py - Version 0.2.42]

Bunkel

Dec 3, 2015
Well that was a very good introduction I feel, some basic info about the world at the start, and the artwork really is well done. Be looking forward to the future development of it for sure.

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Well that was a very good introduction I feel, some basic info about the world at the start, and the artwork really is well done. Be looking forward to the future development of it for sure.

Glad you enjoyed it! Won't have to wait as long next time, now the framework is in place. :)

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
*IS SO EXCITED* Dance minions in glorious rejoice! :cthulhu: :cthulhu: :cthulhu:

Note 1 question

1.How much content should we prepare for in the first release a small taste a decent morsel or a large feast?

Only a small taste at the moment, I'm afraid, most of the work upto this point has gone into getting the GUI coded, and getting all the features working (gallery, jukebox, scene replay, etc.) Can focus on adding more content now though, and you guys will be getting an update with some more two weeks after this one. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Okay guys, I'm gonna get a new backer release out later today, so I'm releasing this a little earlier than planned.

You can grab the first public release - here

Methusalem

Jan 8, 2016
Well it was really very short but the groundwork is quite amazing. Art and writing style are good.

I think it has a lot of potential, depending on regular updates and how good the story and the sex scenes are ^^ Keep up the good work.

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Well it was really very short but the groundwork is quite amazing. Art and writing style are good.

I think it has a lot of potential, depending on regular updates and how good the story and the sex scenes are ^^ Keep up the good work.

Thanks. The release the backers are getting today has more content, it'll be on general release two weeks today.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
And here I thought it would be out tomorrow. 

So I downloaded it. 

I strapped myself in for one heck of an experience, to be cut short 5 minutes in... I actually didn't think it was going to be that short. 

So far I like it, and has a lot of potential to work with, currently I'm just hoping that the updates are not few and far between. It's really good, and I hope it goes far. Though I think I'll check back in about 3 months for more content to be developed. 

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
While I like the game (particularly with you having the players mouths move when talking) I do feel this demo was a bit to short, even for a demo. Still good though.

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
I just added about another 5 minutes to the release that is going on the site on the 21st, so if you check back in around 3 months, I'm pretty sure there'll be 30 mins+ of content by then.

Aleks

Jan 29, 2016
I just added about another 5 minutes to the release that is going on the site on the 21st, so if you check back in around 3 months, I'm pretty sure there'll be 30 mins+ of content by then.

Okay, i think I'm gonna wait an entire year then  :shepicide:

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
So Leetmusic put together a demo of the music so far, containing some stuff that isn't even in the game yet. If you are interested you can check it out here.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
So on average, an update every 2 weeks? 

Also a question: Are you going to allow modding of your game, or perhaps have people submit content to be included in your game?

I have quite a bit of experience using the Ren'Py engine after making a few mods for Ashford Academy, and I was wondering about this.

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
That's the plan at the moment.

Like AA, we are using the DSE to manage events, so there's no reason at a late date there couldn't be an open source version, where players can mod it to their heart's content. Probably will just stick to my events for the official version though.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
That sounds good. I saw that you updated it again, and was really tempted to download it, but I think I'll wait till the next release.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
As if on queue...

Also, the file still says 0.0.5. As goes for your main site in the play tab.

current version- 0.0.5

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
Okay, finished playing it, and I really enjoy it so far. I'm starting to like it just as a visual novel.

There was a small mishap when you choose not to caress Alexia. It states she comes down from upstairs after recovering her clothes, which would have never have happened if the player chooses not to.

Though you might not feel like putting a conditional branch since I don't its that big of a deal, and most players would probably caress her anyway.

On another note, I really liked the ambush music, my compliments to the composer.

Looking forward to the 0.0.10 release. 

Also to show my support I think I'll spread the word to quite a few forums I know of that would REALLY increase your traffic.

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Thanks, I had to update it at so many places, I missed one. :)

I'm still planning to have a lot of VN type conversations, even when you get to the DSE based part, so it won't just change to a fully "event style" system.

On the caressing, I made that assumption too, but then got some feedback from gay players and made it skippable. Obviously, I missed fixing that bit as it was done as an afterthought, but I'll get it fixed for the next release.

And I'd really appreciate that; I've advertised at a few places, but there's so many and I don't really know a lot. 

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
Yeah, once I got to that decision choice I asked myself: "Was that there last time? Well I've already seen the scene so, I'll just skip, and see how that plays out."

EDIT: I just finished posting about your game on three forums, it should get around pretty quick. Especially the one I posted on Futanari Palace.

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Thanks, I had to update it at so many places, I missed one. :)

I'm still planning to have a lot of VN type conversations, even when you get to the DSE based part, so it won't just change to a fully "event style" system.

On the caressing, I made that assumption too, but then got some feedback from gay players and made it skippable. Obviously, I missed fixing that bit as it was done as an afterthought, but I'll get it fixed for the next release.

And I'd really appreciate that; I've advertised at a few places, but there's so many and I don't really know a lot. 

I'm gay myself so I'm grateful for this, but I will have to mention that the protag is quite easy on the eyes.  More so without clothes :p

Lord Arioch

Sep 5, 2015
Next release will be out on the 18th.

@karunama I'm trying to be a bit better in general about my "straight goggles", but I've got the artist working on it now, and next time there's a sex scene,  you will be able choose between a straight scene or a gay scene. 

karunama

Apr 17, 2016
Next release will be out on the 18th.

@karunama I'm trying to be a bit better in general about my "straight goggles", but I've got the artist working on it now, and next time there's a sex scene,  you will be able choose between a straight scene or a gay scene. 

Sweet.  Looking forward to seeing it!

TheDarkMaster

Creator
Aug 28, 2015
Notice a small bug when going through the current demo: Bypassing the initial scene has the game later mention that Alexia has recovered her clothing even though she never lost it.