CoC: Unofficially Expanded Edition (v1.4.19 for CoC 1.0.2)

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
I remember Otherworld's paper doll system was a lot like that. I'm not really versed in that sort of coding and art design, but I get the feeling that can be very hit or miss for one thing. If the art's bad, it won't matter if the behind the scenes coding does well. Everything behind the scenes has to work, and it will only be as good as the weakest element. It's also something that must either be done by people in at least two that I'm aware of -- possibly more -- fields of expertise or one person with multiple disciplines. There have been active attempts in the past even before TiTS was a thought in anyone's mind to create a character view, even to the point that there was talk of Fen being willing to integrate it into the actual game if it worked well and looked half-way decent. I still even have an old test version.  

Sep 4, 2015
Its a massive ammount of work, will need to assembly a team.
And man, imagine trying to make something with 5 pussies and 10 mismatched dicks...
And as Sacredferro said, if the art sucks, you better throw it in the bin.

PulseX

Dec 23, 2015
I bet it could be done by loading images and letting them overlap eachother. So each limb image would be the size of the whole character, but everything is transparent except for the limb. You'd have a torso image and a breast image and so on. Then you just stack them all on top of each other like one of those dress up games.

yap thats exactly what i mean

and yea the art should be worth it...otherwise its wasted effort...

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
That said, I would absolutely LOVE to see a visual representation of the player in some form or another. There was once even work by someone, cannot remember who, who was pulling together a sort of interchanging sprite system just for the player, like how Ceraph's sprite mutates from the unique goblin look to her true form. The difference was that different parts would change to represent various body changes like TF's and proportion changes such as breast/hip sizes or hair color/length rather than simply changing the whole sprite each time. Don't know what happened to it, as I don't think it survived even before the whole August thing. It would be nice, but to make something to represent every TF for each body part, each notable level or degree of change in character height or tone/thickness or butt/cock/breast/ball size, all done separately only to then somehow tie it all together...it just might take a while even if someone steps up to the plate there.

hatternumber0

Aug 27, 2015
A sprite system sounds better than a full picture. Not only would it be quicker to do all possibilities, since the picture is never gonna look exactly like the one in your head, a sprite keeps it vague enough that your imagination doesn't depend on someone else's art style.

PulseX

Dec 23, 2015
but sprites never have the quality of actual artwork and seeing something thats maybe different from ur imagination but still well done is fine too....and i dont see a problem there with photoshop, skillwise....the only issue is time....

but from the very start i was wondering, why this hasnt been implemented from the start...a  dynamic picture system (one that splices pics together from different parts depending on requirements and values)

because this way you could even add the offspring and different creature variation, scenes would be much more difficult UNLESS u only view 1 person and thus make it look as if it was 1st person action / pov style

ofc that would make it way more complicated at first but if the foundation is there u can pretty much build a house of ur choice on it

lets say u put in a tag system:

general style: doggy

this activates a certain style of scene script which takes parts only fitting it, lets say the left leg, and this is also tagged "doggy" so it fits if chosen for a scene

and so on and so forth

then if u create the character visually u draw a complete sketch of it, each limb on different layers and for different variations u always draw them on a new layer and they overlap at the connection points

each has a tag itself, for example "bee" and if ur a bee morph with both legs it pic the 2 legs with "bee" tag

same ofc would work for the equipment...its like a basic character screen and limbs are dynamically chosen like equipment

sadly...by saying that so easily, i couldnt program that QQ

technically i dont think that would be the most difficult thing though, same as for the visuals time probably is the biggest issue for someone with the forte for it

Last edited by a moderator:

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
Myself, I'd love it if we could have either a representation of the Champion via sprites to match the old school ones AND keep the character viewer (I liked its style!).

Liadri

Aug 28, 2015
So whats on the way for the next update

Kodoku

Sep 10, 2015
Just discovered that when you get a tentacle penis while being a kitsune you get your max intellect raised, this is on NG+.

Furrin Gok

Dec 28, 2015
Well, that was odd. Shouldra has a random comment about how the champion rarely wears a bra--despite the fact that if you don't get anything to swap it out with, you can end up permanently wearing one. Might be something worth looking into, though it's not anything major.

Furrin Gok

Dec 28, 2015
Would you guys be able to add a hand milk option for lactating PC's, Like in TiTs?

I'm surprised Giacomo doesn't sell you anything for that. A breast or penis pump like in Nimin, possibly even extra items that are similar to Marble's milk, but without having the addictive effect (A variation that does for players who happen to be LaBova themselves, though). If the items are added, it should produce less value than the milker at Whitney's farm, though. The player needs a reason to go there, after all.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Just in case your time zone pushes you closer to New Years than me (It's just past noon on 31 Dec for me)...

Happy New Years, guys. 2016, here we come. Now, go blow some shit up in honer of time elapsing another 365 days and 6 hours. I'll bring the fire extinguisher.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015

mrttao

Aug 31, 2015
I'm surprised Giacomo doesn't sell you anything for that. A breast or penis pump like in Nimin, possibly even extra items that are similar to Marble's milk, but without having the addictive effect (A variation that does for players who happen to be LaBova themselves, though). If the items are added, it should produce less value than the milker at Whitney's farm, though. The player needs a reason to go there, after all.

someone has to program it, and there is already the breast pump in the farm so that limits interest in more "mundane" versions

Maddhawk

Jan 1, 2016
Played through the original game quite a bit. Enough that it isn't a challenge though it is always fun to read through many of the scenes time and again. Giving this mod a go and some thoughts that occurred to me while playing:

1) Anytime you consume ANYTHING it should reduce hunger and refill satiety. Alcohol at the bar, giving BJs to anyone, eating pussy from those with gushing pussies, drinking milk from Essrayle in the forrest, being forced to give a BJ after loosing, getting double teamed by the Huntsman's dogs.

1.5) Buying the "packaged food" needs first use to be to unwrap and give you a "stack of 5". Then you can use them one at a time to refill hunger.

2) Getting nailed in the ass and filled so fill it results in stomach bulge descriptions during the act should reduce hunger and refill satiety.

3) This could be an error, but Raphael approached me in my camp as a male with a masculine appearance. According to the wiki on smutosaur, as it is in the original game, he should only appear to woman with particular appearance.

4) Underwear, do they contribute to armor class?

5) New Urta scene in the bar rocks!

6) What is the point of hunger? It takes forever for any negative aspects to occur.

7) When you get a "game over", I spammed wait to see what long term effects from hunger are, clicking the button does nothing and does not take you back to the main menu.

8) The local save option, in Firefox, does not work. Only way to save a game is to use "save to file".

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Played through the original game quite a bit. Enough that it isn't a challenge though it is always fun to read through many of the scenes time and again. Giving this mod a go and some thoughts that occurred to me while playing:

1) Anytime you consume ANYTHING it should reduce hunger and refill satiety. Alcohol at the bar, giving BJs to anyone, eating pussy from those with gushing pussies, drinking milk from Essrayle in the forrest, being forced to give a BJ after loosing, getting double teamed by the Huntsman's dogs.

3) This could be an error, but Raphael approached me in my camp as a male with a masculine appearance. According to the wiki on smutosaur, as it is in the original game, he should only appear to woman with particular appearance.

4) Underwear, do they contribute to armor class?

6) What is the point of hunger? It takes forever for any negative aspects to occur.

Adding handler in EVERY scene is notable amount of work.

Raphael can approach any character, but will only flirt with females with preffered appearance.

Spider silk and dragon scale ones can grant a bit of protection, but with how defence works in mod it is unsignificant.

Hunger system have no point. It takes some effort to find food only first few days, and once you've found either Tel Adre or Bazaar it is just irritating. And when you have whole settlement of friends, lovers and slaves dying by hunger makes absolutely no sense at all.

Rycharde

Aug 27, 2015
I agree on the hunger part. Love to try out realistic mode, but do not want to be hampered by hunger.

Sacredferro

Aug 26, 2015
Hunger offers a form of extra micromanagement for people who, like you in fact, have noticed this game isn't that challenging really. That's why it's optional.

The methods of filling hunger are not limited on intention, just that other methods like you have described haven't been coded in yet. I recall that some vanilla TF items have been given properties to fill a little bit of hunger, but can't remember of the top of my head which ones.

I'm pretty sure several clothing items have been tweaked to offer buffs towards the tease ability, though clothing items are not the major sources of armor and shouldn't be. Wouldn't make sense for clothing to build up on armor anyways, that's for the actual armors to give.

You may also want to update your version of Firefox and/or flash, or you have Firefox set to delete cookies or something else (like CCleaner) is messing with the saves; both save functions work fine on my end with Firefox. Chrome, too, while we're at it.

Btw: Noticed a few minor oddities with weapon discriptions...

Huntsman's Cane is displayed as "Weapon", should be "Weapon (Staff)" or "Weapon (Blunt)
Pitchfork is displayed as "Weapon (Dagger)", should be "Weapon (Large)"
Spear is displayed as "Weapon", should be "Weapon (Large)"

I don't actually know off the top of my head if the game treats these weapons a certain way in regards to perks and 1-handed/2-handed equipment restrictions, so maybe that's why they are displayed oddly?

Kitteh6660

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Version 1.3.7 is finally released. It's the first release of 2016!

It contains a large amount of changes and bug fixes. I've also added hyper breast size from hyper A to hyper ZZZ, ending at jacques00-cup. Keep in mind that it's extremely hard to reach such breast size due to diminishing returns.

Taur system has been overhauled, thanks Netys! Christmas achievements are now earnable.

I'll continue to make tweaks and properly handle BJ and stomach-stuffing scenes to refill your hunger meter.

Defense from undergarments do add up. Dragonscale bra and panties/loincloth together increase your defense by 4. As damage reduction is percentage-based, it can come in handy for endgame.

It's very hard to die from hunger unless you're absolutely trying. In the endgame, you have many sources to refill your hunger without many side effects. Especially The Black Cock in the Bizarre Bazaar and there are the Pure Peaches from Minerva's tower. Hunger system is designed to put an emphasis on surviving in Mareth and encourages you to take the risk by eating transformative foods.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Note about taur system. Taurinum is now generic transformative to gain extra pair of legs. It would only change your legs to hooves if you have human legs. Any taur can gain benefits from their body configuration: +20 max speed and much higher treshold for hyper-endowments penalties. And, of course, penalty of being unable to access some scenes.

Staff Channeling description (missing at changelist): Basic attack with wizard's staff (eldritch and lethicite as well) is replaced with ranged magic bolt. It uses int instead of str for damage calculation and have benefits of ranged weapons. It isn't really powerful, though. Still, it is some basic attack suitable for pure spellcaster.

And for those of you, who are into furries with lots of tails: fox-morphs and kitsunes now both have same (stacking) stat bonuses and penalties, also hair/fur color consistency during transformations.

Maddhawk

Jan 1, 2016
And for those of you, who are into furries with lots of tails: fox-morphs and kitsunes now both have same (stacking) stat bonuses and penalties, also hair/fur color consistency during transformations.

What kind of stats and penalties?

On a side note, not a fan of how the forums are working now, colors in writing and trying to edit quotes down to the relevant portion are just awful.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
What kind of stats and penalties?

Foxes before: +10 speed, -10 intelligence, after: +5 intelligence, +5 speed, -10 strength. Kitsune unchanged, 9 tails: -10 strength, +10 speed, +5 intelligence. So together it would be +15 speed, +10 intelligence, -20 strength.