Conquest of Shadows (For DaBomb)

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Ash lets out a prolonged sigh.  Obviously her work was going to be filled with plenty of difficult choices, this one being on the low end of things. To put things flatly, she had to choose between efficiency or secrecy.  Both seemed important to her, however she could only have one at this point. 

"We'll go with the first option then, assuming i'm able to make a seal that big in the first place. Trissa, guide me to the points where I need to patch up.  I want to know the scale of what i'm doing before it is done..." 

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
You pace the perimeter of the farmstead, which turns out to be a few acres in total. Warding such a large area would normally be a monstrous task, but emerging from the temple has left you buzzing with arcane power. You just claimed a large group of followers and secured the utter devotion of their leader, this was just another challenge for you to overcome. Besides, as your goals became more ambitious, you would need greater power at your command... This would be good practice.

You soon realize that the natural boundaries of the property will be a excellent anchor for your spell weaving. Tutelage under the forest covens had taught you that old landmarks carried their own amount of power. While the tumbled stone walls surrounding the pastures and fields weren't as old as the temple complex beneath your feet, they were old enough to leave their own magical signature on the landscape... It was just a matter of reforming that unseen pattern into a spell that suited your purpose.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Asheroth takes in the magic of the old environment and concentrates to the best of her ability. She tries to make a seal that follows along the length of the wall, to try and make it an easier process for her. 

(Special point)

(And sorry for the short post.  I tend to lose a bit of steam when I don't do something for  a week.)

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
(Critical)

It takes the better part of an hour, but you slowly circumscribe the farmstead with protective magics. It would deter unwanted intruders as well as prevent members of your tenuous congregation from leaving without your or Trissa's expressed approval. The more you work, the more confident you feel, your arcane brand flaring with mounting power as you move your hands in complex patterns and murmur the incomprehensible syllables of Making.

In a devious moment of inspiration, you realize that this is an opportunity not only to keep your enemies out, but also to recruit new allies. You expand the enchantment to attract those of power to Hecate's temple, a siren's call to all burgeoning magician.

A few moments later, and the spell is finished, leaving you in a cold sweat, tired but satisfied.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
The Sorceress runs her hand through her hair, pulling along the hot drips of sweat that have dripped down her locks.  She ended up completing the barrier after all, even making it better than she originally anticipated. This wouldn't only keep others out, it would attract those of use in.  The idea brought shivers down the Demon's spine.  It definitely sounded like fun times were ahead, she couldn't wait for them to show.

Her job finished, she turned toward the church, entering its doors once more.  Now that the barrier was finished, she'd look for Trissa and see if anything else needed to be done, or if she could help to speed things along. 

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
You enter while Trissa gives an impromptu mass, preaching to the gathered acolytes from the top of the starcase

"-and she has always been with us. Some of you may still feel some devotion to the All Mother, but how many of you can honestly say your prayers were answered? What sort of mother denies her children the freedom to pursue their convictions. She would have you repress your urge to seek, to claim what is yours. Love, community, power... Knowledge of these things were revealed to me when Hecate's Chosen lifted me to ascension. And you too can obtain this enlightenment, brothers and sisters!"

You brush against Cart's elbow entering through the doorway.

"Turns out you can give a girl a fine rack and a pair of horns, and she'll still be as stuffy as ever," The massive wolfmorph murmurs to you. "Is this all real Ash? This Hecate business I mean. I never pegged you as the religious type."

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Ash gives a small nod of approval as she listens in to her priest.  She couldn't deny, the woman had a way with her words, she couldn't definitely be a public speaker. She moved in to talk to the woman, but bumped into Cart, offering him a smile once she realized who it was.

"Well, it's not really a religion, more so than fact.  Cart, I spoke to the woman and she gave me a gift soon after.  I felt a sudden surge in my magical abilities, so I know she isn't full of crap.  I know that I met a woman who was extremely adept at magic, I mean deity like levels.  So, i'm sure I didn't meat an ordinary person down there, not by  long shot."

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Cart shrugs helplessly. "I believe you boss. I'm not the magician type, but even I could see the change in you after you came back up with Jerrin. That and Trissa... I'm just worried that you're tying yourself to some unknown master. We've got plans of our own, but what if this goddess starts calling the shots?"

The giant wolf man scratches his head nervously, intently looking for some reaction from you.

Meanwhile Trissa has wrapped up her speech and your followers begin to exit to other areas of the house. Many murmur excitedly at what they just heard. Others look troubled or simply afraid.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Asheroth pauses for a moment, as if considering taking a moment to consider Cart's words.  Not long after, she waves her hands dismissively at the idea. "She's not unknown, Cart.  I am reasonably positive that she's the Goddess of sorcery.  I see only benefits in assisting her and even then i'd feel obliged to help her. Don't worry, our course won't change too much.  We'll just do some odd jobs every now and again..." She stops speaking once she sees Trissa finish her speech. 

"Get ready to leave, we'll be heading back to the mansion after this... That is, if she doesn't need anything else."  Asheroth approaches Trissa and inquires whether she needs anything to help with the church. 

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Cart nods uncertainly at your argument, clearly not completely convinced.

Trissa Is flushed with enthusiasm, energized with her newfound power and authority. It will likely take some time for the entirety of the congregation to embrace your cause full-heartedly, but you have a hunch that being locked away with your compelling high priestess will certainly accelerate the process. If all goes well, this venture will provide you with an even greater base of followers.

You have the opportunity to leave Trissa with specific instructions before departing for Tencrest. It is mid-afternoon and you can expect to arrive in town a few hours before sunset.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Asheroth wishes Trissa luck in her endeavors and again reminds her to be inconspicuous while at the church. She asks her to make up a short list of things that she may need, if anything at all.  On that note, she says her goodbyes and moves back to the mansion. 

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
(Timewarp!)

You make your way back to Tencrest, passing through the town on your way to the mansion. The sleepy town where you had begun your journey now bustles with renewed vigor. The tavern is positively packed both with locals and travelers alike. Seems like the new management has made the place a must-stop rather than simply something of a convenience for the local population and the occasional visitor.

Peeking in, you see Gwen serving the tables, assisted by a few new hires. Tan, her sweetheart, mans the bar, chatting up a fair-looking minstrel. The young man seems far more confident than you remember, shamelessly flirting with his female patrons in pursuit of a good tip. For a moment you wonder if Gwen might have something to say about her boyfriend's promiscuity, but after seeing the hungry look she casts at one of her customer's ass, you realize she doesn't mind Tan's behavior- so long as he shares.

Posters have been put up all over town, announcing the upcoming mayoral elections to take place during the festival. The rules are straightforward, nominations will be put forth publicly and seconded, after which all citizens will vote on the nominees. If no-one has a majority, the candidate with the lowest vote total will be out of the running and the votes recast.

With the tavern as its social and economic anchor and the threat of banditry removed, Tencrest is well on its way to turning from a small border village to a bustling town. With the influx of travelers, more merchants and craftspeople are sure to set up shop. This combined with the trade network you arranged to Elendel, you're confident that prosperous times are on the horizon... And the people will know who they have to thank.

(Level up! You have two points to spend. Each point can be used separately to upgrade one of your attributes, or both can be spent to gain a special ability of your choice (within reason))

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
(I'd like to put a point into Charisma and Insight) (Also, did I give a piece of the crystal to Trissa?  If not, would you mind if I say I did, to save me from another trip?)

A smile appears on Ash's face as she witnesses the rise of attention the town was getting.  Many more people were in the town, from her last visit, and it could only bring increased revenue.  She wasn't going to lie, she knew she was responsible for this and she would definitely make it known when she ran for mayor. God the concept of that sounded like so much fun! She would love to be in such a position and she knew just what to do to improve the town. But before she could do that, she had other matters to attend to.

Asheroth would continue to head back to the mansion, a great deal curious on the progress they've made on it's restoration. 

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Cart makes his excuses leaving you to head to the mansion by yourself.

It's well into the afternoon when you arrive home. The crew of laborers Kari hired seems to be wrapping up for the day. You recognize several sawmill workers and lumberjacks among their ranks. A steady wage and honest work was very appealing to men that normally would eke out a living in the more remote and dangerous areas of the Dark Forest.

And they seem to be doing a good job so far. The sagging roof of the front porch has been set straight, freshly hewn lumber striking a bright constrast against the duller grey of the wood original to the house. You can see that they've made a good effort restoring the fine craftsmanship of the original structure, mysterious swirls and glyphs running throughout the woodwork. They even excavated the fallen stone gargoyles from their mossy prisons and replaced them in their rightful place overlooking the entranceway. The gothic structure seems to loom taller in its revitalized glory.

A husky moo draws your attention to a low a-frame structure some distance from the house. Kari must have gotten sick of Helga and Bertha's companionship, because their barn has been finished in record time. A fresh coat of red paint and white trim gives the building an innocuous look that utter contrasts its corrupt purpose. Judging from the large tank gurgling outside the front door and the moans of pleasure emanating from within, production was booming.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
(Sorry for not responding sooner, I couldn't access the website for about for hours, error messages and all. And you didn't answer the question I asked last post.  :p)

Asheroth smiles as the mansion comes into view, her eyes moving across all the renovations that they accomplished while she was gone.  The roof seemed to be repaired, so there wasn't any risk of debris falling on her, if she sat on the porch. The gargoyles were a nice to see as well.  She always felt a bit saddened as she saw the stone beings wedged into the earth. It felt nice to see them returned to their rightful spot. 

However, her big surprise was the sight of the painted barn in the back. To see the structure raised in such speed astonished her greatly. Whoever was being paid, surely was a master of their craft.  She had to see the inside of the structure, she could only imagine the setup the barn held!  Asheroth walked over to the barn and ventured inside, curious of what was held within.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
(oops, forgot. Yes we can say Trissa has a piece of the scrying crystal.)

You shove aside the barn's double doors and take a peek inside. The most of the space is taken up by half a dozen spacious stalls. The addition of an eclectic assortment of blankets and pillows clash bizarrely with the surrounding hay bales and farm equipment, but manages to convey a homey atmosphere.

It's the far end of the barn that draws your attention, though. Kari managed to get her milking apparatus set up on a tiled space equipped with a drain- no doubt designed to deal with "overflows". Strapped up in a harness is one of your cow morphs, moaning as her enormous tits are massaged and squeezed by the machine's pulsating cups. Creamy liquid surges into the surrounding tubing as her sister fidgets impatiently, clutching her own impressive bust.

"H-hurry up, Helgy. Just watching you makes me want to go again~"

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Ash lets out a lengthened whistle as she sees the inside of the barn.  Even for how well built it was, it went up quick. An elaborate pumping machine appeared in the back of the barn, seemingly used a lot at the since it was built. She could only imagine how much milk has been pumped out already, she doubted she'd be able to sell them fast enough...

She walked up to the milking machine, giving a small wave to the two girls.  "Who are you two licking your living arrangements at the moment?  I hope you didn't cause too much trouble since I was gone..."

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Bertha squeals excitedly, catching sight of you and wraps you in a hug, her massive tits crushing against you.

"Ash, it's so great here! Kari set up this milking machine just for us, and she doesn't mind us in the house if we don't break anything!"

Helga lets out a lust moo. Whether in agreement or simply from the pleasure of being milked, you can't say.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Ash lets out a slight groan from the crush of the hug, doing her best to keep smiling.  "That's great!  I wouldn't feel right if you guys were in uncomfortable conditions, I do have standards, you know?  Anyway, you guys need anything while i'm here?  Anything at all?"

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Your slutty cow morph lets out a little giggle, causing her bell collar to jingle lightly.

"Well~"

But before she can finish her predictable request, her sister quite literally begins overflowing and Bertha reluctantly detaches herself from you to help out. What starts with her unstrapping the milked-out cowgirl quickly descends into slippery booblicious makeout session... Looks like they've got everything they need.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Asheroth manages a smile as she sees the cow girls occupy themselves, taking it upon herself to excuse herself.  She walks out of the barn and heads toward the mansion, going through the front door once she reaches it.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
A flurry of curses greats your ears as you open the door, followed by huge gout of smoke.

"Gods damn it! How the hell can I make this much smoke without any fire!?"

Kari is in the dining room-turned-laboratory, likely wrangling- and failing- with another experiment. The smoke is thick enough that the usually sharp-eyed catmorph doesn't sense your approach.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Asheroth waves her hand in front of her face, trying to dispense the smoke that was currently ensnaring her nostrils. Letting out a few muffled coughs, she walks further into the house, heading toward Kari.

"You know, a ventilation system here wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm sure it's well within our budget." She replies in a normal tone, as if she had been standing there the whole time.  Once Kari turns to face the Demoness, she'd offer her a warm smile. 

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
"Ash, I didn't know you were back in town," The catmorph's purr vibrates against your skin as she wraps you in a hug. Something feels different though. The normally lithe catmorph has unmistakable baby bump curving pleasantly from her hips. Seeing your attention, she smiles shyly and gives you a peck on the cheek.

"Surprised me too. Pregnancy for catmorphs is shorter than for humans, but this is fast even by that standard... I guess it makes sense given the other half of the equation."

Her hands go to her belly, rubbing the taut skin lovingly.

"I was so nervous, but now I think I'm just excited. Things are really coming along here, Ash and... Well, I don't mind the idea of sharing it with a few kids."

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Ash smiles, pausing for a few moment as she stares at the woman.  She wasn't really used to this kind of reaction, though it didn't really catch her off guard.  She nods silently, her hand moving out to gently rub her stomach.  "About that... Uh, are you going to have one kid or a litter..." She asks abruptly, obviously not knowledgeable about the body of a Cat-Morph.  "How much longer... are you expecting?"

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Kari lets out a little giggle at your hesitant questioning.

"What, does the idea of half a dozen little kitty-demons running about give you nightmares? Nah, two's the usual number of kids for catfolk. One isn't unusual, and sometimes you get triplets... But I think it's twins. I've just got this feeling..."

Kari is positively glowing with motherly affection as she presses your hand more firmly to her belly.

"Honestly, I don't really know when the day will be. The usual four month time table was kind of thrown out the window when I got morning sickness two days after... Well you know, since you did the deed. Bear my children, and all your dreams will come true, Kari."

She delivers the last bit in a over-the-top seductive voice that is her best impression of you in full-seduction mode. Seeing your reaction, Kari burst out laughing and wraps her arms around your waist, giving you a firm kiss on the lips.

"But hey, I can't complain... Gotta say, you delivered, lover."

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
"Well... yes.  I haven't even raised one kid yes, I couldn't imagine having to raise more than six at once!" She replies, her face of distress twisting back into a smirk.  "Two will be just fine, however. Twins would be nice... " She mumbles off, looking at Kari's stomach for a few moments, before meeting her eyes once more.

"You got sick... two days afterword?" She repeated, seeming to be more curious on the concept, rather than shocked. "That... honestly surprises me. Succubus pregnancies usually last... much longer than humans.  Since, they age ten times longer.  But, I guess with a halfblood like me, exceptions are possible..."

Her moment of thought was briefly interrupted as Kari kisses Ash, her smile returning to her blank face. "Well, a demon never breaks a deal, Kari.  They may twist their words, but they always deliver on a promise." She replies, half joking. 

"So... what do you plan on naming the two girls?" She blurts, as if she had just remembered the question. "Or have you not had enough time to decide?"

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Kari gives you a funny look, and then frowns, looking at her padded feet.

"I-I kind of wanted to name one after my sister, Tarya. She's not around anymore and well... I thought it'd be nice. I haven't decided on a second name... Wait, what if we've get a boy?" Kari's face scrunches with something akin to mock horror. "I grew up in a house with five other females, I don't know anything about boys. I want at least one girl, Ash."

Somehow you don't think it'd go over well trying to explain to her that control over the gender of your offspring is not a skill you have mastered... Still, with two kids, the odds were in your favor.

Your catgirl lover quickly, throws off her apron and opens a few windows to help clear the lingering smoke. Afterwards, she furiously starts scrubbing her makeshift lab bench. Somehow you can tell that she's trying to distract herself with menial tasks. Eventually, she lets out a frustrated snort and tosses aside her rag.

"Gods, I never thought it'd be like this. Never thought I'd be one to have kits on the brain, but- I'm just so excited Ash," She turns back towards you with a shy smile. "I had the crew prioritize our room. There's a nursery adjoining and everything... Want to take a look?"

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
"Tarya... is a beautiful name, if you want to name her that... then by all means." She lightly laughs at her reaction of a son, her hand lightly patting her shoulder.  "Well, i'm sure it'll happen.  You know, we're two woman... so I think it'd be more likely for them to be daughters than sons, if that makes sense?" She says with uncertainty. 

She watches the woman go back to her cleaning, offering to help her, but seeing that she had already given up on the task. "Our room?  Sure, i'd love to see it.  If you're that keen on it, i'm sure it must be wonderful..." The Demoness gives a sly wink. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
You're able to see more of the mansion as Kari leads you upstairs. The woodwork is still rough-hewn and needs some sanding, but you can already see the elegant lines of its architecture begin to reform. Skewed panels have been straightened and the broken trim repaired. The floorboards don't even squeak any more. You can hardly be called an expert carpenter, but you're fairly confident that if the pace of construction keeps up, your lair would be mostly complete within a few weeks time.

"I've sort of press-ganged any warm body who knows his way around a hammer into working on the place," Kari explains. "Things really smoothed out when Gwen agreed to serve workers in exchange for the letters of credit I gave out. We'll have to repay it at some point, but I don't think that'll be a problem after the first shipment makes it to Elendel."

You arrive at the master bedroom, a large vaulted space with an entire wall made up of arched windows that looks down upon the whole of Tencrest. The villagers have begun lighting lanterns in preparation for the coming evening. Sitting on the bed with Kari at your side, you already feel like a ruler. Your seat of power was nearly secured... And what with the large crib seated in the ajoining nursery, not a moment too soon.