Conquest of Shadows (For DaBomb)

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Cantrips: Detect Magic, Read Magic, Light, Mage Hand, Mending, Prestidigitation, Message.

Spells (I assume spell levels won't need to be listed.)
Orb of Acid, Fire Ball, Ice Lance, Charm Person, Suggestion, Sleep, Detect Thoughts, Command Undead, Dispel Magic, Ray of Exuastion

Huh, I just thought of a neat little sidequest. Getting myself a little familiar~

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Official rules set says five points between rest periods, but I'm nerfing that to four. We'll see how it goes from here. You've got two points left

As you descend into the room below, the walls encompassing the staircase give way to open space. You find yourself three stories up in a massive chamber, clearly the interior of the pyramid you saw from outside. At each of its four corners are winding staircases similar to the one on which your are precariously perched. The floor below is smooth, polished stone, inlaid with a circular array of hieroglyphs that surround a massive alter rising from the center of the chamber. A beam of pristine light cuts through the darkness from a skylight above, illuminating the temple ground.

Behind, you hear Rizzi's wings flutter nervously.

"A-ash... This is it. I... I can't explain it. It feels like home."

A sultry laugh from the shadowy regions of the temple draws your attention away from the reverent angel girl. The smell of musky sex and sweet nectar choke the air- an aroma that sets the demonic half of your soul singing. You find yourself flushed even before the temptress makes her appearance, supple form cut in light and shadow as she emerges from the the darkness into the middle of the light beam.

She seems similar to the dryads you encountered while living in the forest- albeit much more... Enticing. Every curve of her greenish flesh screams sex- from the sway of her enormous breasts to the fertile swell of her lush hips. Even the writhing mass of vines supporting her are tipped in phallic protrusions that shift and pull as if possessing a mind of their own.

"Why did you kill my children? That was a naughty thing to do..."

You find yourself staring at a pair of striking violet eyes. So beautiful, they almost seem hypnotic, roving over your entire body. Calculating... Hungry.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Ash opens her mouth to respond to Rizzi, only for a laugh from the distance interrupt her. "Well, there she is. I thought we'd have to look for her." The Demoness mutters, walking to the edge of the balcony to face the voice. Before her eyes even located the source, she caught the aroma dangling in the air, pure lust.

A curvy form steps forward, one Ash would have thought to identify as a Dryad. Though whether it was the real deal, or just an imitation, she was not sure. Regardless, this woman's connection to nature was blatant, there wasn't anything arguing with that.

"Well..." The fiery Sorceress starts, her arms crossing over her breasts. "We weren't remotely aware that any intelligent life took refuge in this temple, I assumed it was just some huge tentacle beast breeding ground. If I were aware that I could have a discussion with the source of this corruption, I would have chosen my actions differently, I assure you."

"Now, I can see the want, the desire in your eyes. You have your inhibitions and I have mine. So, I ask of you to consider a negotiation with me, instead of the combat that we both know is likely to pursue. We can both leave this better than before, rather than one dead and the other severely injured. I hope you can see my reasoning?"

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
A emerald tongue snakes out between the dryad's plush, pillow-like lips, tasting the air between you. She smiles even as the glowing ball of fire/acid flickers between you.

"Well... Your little trick did a number on my garden. It will take a lot of essence to rebuild what you destroyed. I don't suppose you'd be willing to... Donate?"

One of the vines creeps up between the plant woman's breasts, pressing hopefully against her chin. She gently turns the tentacle towards you where it is joined by many of its brethren. They twist through the air, keeping their distance like well trained dogs. Just waiting for their mistress to give permission.

"I weak before I found this place, barely able to move. My tree had died and the poison that had killed it was flowing through my veins. But I learned how to adapt, how to survive. Thrive. With your help, I could make a garden bigger and more beautiful than the one before. What do you say? I promise it will be fun~"

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
The Demoness chuckles at the woman's remarks, her posture slackening, kneeling over the wall on the balcony. "That is close to what I had in mind but not quite." The demoness clasps her hands together, a bit excited that the woman was willing to negotiate. As much as she enjoyed flinging spells about, making a good deal was so much more fun. She was good at it too, no doubt the large bundles of charisma coming from her blood.

"Now, let us make a deal. I will list my terms and what I offer, and you are free to negotiate on such terms. I assume that is fine?" The Demoness offers a toothy grin, her fingers absent mindedly tapping the stone work in feverous delight.

"First, I want you out of this temple. There is something here that is precious that can not exit with you in it. In return, I will find you a place of your suiting, to the point where I will build a spot for your garden, to your exact specifications.

Second, I assume that you hold some amount of power over the plant like beats in these forests. If this is true, I want you to make them stop attacking caravans in our trade routes. At least ones connected to out town, those that aren't I care little about. In return I will assist you in removing the poison from your body that you spoke of. If you do not desire this, then you may make another request instead.

Third, You will serve under my banner from here on forth. In return, I offer to assist in any reasonable goals you may have, to the best of my ability, as long as they don't conflict with my own."

Asheroth pauses for a moment, letting the plant woman think for a moment.

"My terms for the first and second deals are absolute and can't be negotiated. My third term and the rewards you get in return for my terms can be negotiated. Do you have any request, or is what I listed satisfactory?"

(Gonna use a special point for Diplomacy. For obvious reasons.)

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
The dryad reclines, propped up mid air by her plant tentacles, and gives you a exasperated look, clearly put out that you didn't im mediately take up her offer of being fucked senseless. Still, she seems to be keeping her hands- and other parts- to herself.

"My pets are only taking what we need to grow," She pouts. "And I like it here. The magic runs so close to the surface, you can taste it in the water. I was doing just fine before you came along, why should I take your deal? What can you give that I don't already have?"

The corrupt plant woman clearly has a taste for perverse sexual energies. Providing her with her with a constant supply of her preferred food source might be enough to get her to vacate the temple. Restoring her connection to a new heart tree would also work, but it would require burning the corruption from her system and most certainly lead to a fight.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
"I've already told you my offer and have given you an opportunity to list things that you desire. I've told you that I want this temple was my price and if you are not willing to give it to me, i'm more than happy to take it from you." The sorceress scoffs at the corrupted dryad, raising her hand and blasting the toxic fireball she conjured earlier, directly at the base of the tentacle plant.

(Using my last special point here. I don't want to waste this spells.)

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
[ummm... Crit? Super Crit? Tentacles be dead :p ]

The tangled pillar of vines that suspend the corrupt dryad burn away like paper as your fiery projectile barrels through. When your spell impacts with the floor, it explodes in pyrotechnic glory, casting hissing acidic bits everywhere and utterly annihilating anything they come into contact with. No tentacle shenanigans today (boo)!

The plant mistress meanwhile shrieks as gravity seizes her. She plummets to the ground with a sickening thud. With one strike you managed to disarm the dryad of her minions while simultaneously inflicted two-stories worth of fall damage.

[X][X][ ][ ][ ][ ]

At first, you think the curvy botanical beauty is dead, but a wail soon proves that assumption false. Surprisingly resilient, she cradles the remains of her dead pets, eyes thick with tears.

"M-marty... Jerome!... Y-you bitch! You killed my darlings! And I was going to let you live out your days as one of my personal fuck toys! Your loss!"

She slashes her hand through the air, arm distending to crack like a whip.

[Speed/Precision contest: 15 vs. 16. Hit]

A whistling fills the air as a storm of thorns emerge from the dryads fingertips and are propelled with wicked velocity. You hit the ground as the bulk of the projectiles impact the wall behind, but not before one buries in your shoulder. A groan from Cart tells you similar damage has been inflicted upon him.

[X][ ][ ][ ]

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
(Damn, do you mind if I ask what my roll was?)

Not having any of her shit, Asheroth smiles at the carnage her chemically brewed fireball had brought, all organic matter incinerating in an instant. Even better, the woman began to fall, no longer having the vines to hold her. With a sickening thwack, the woman hit the floor. Taking a step forward to see the results, the Demoness quickly learned that her enemy was not dead.

The Sorceress stumbles to the ground as a number of thorns impact her shoulder. The Dryad was faster than she thought, she'd have to end this fight quickly. Wanting to slow the woman down to make things easier, Asheroth pushes her hands forward, a pitch black ray shooting forth from her hands, to the target.

(Asheroth casts Ray of Exhaustion.)

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
(It wasn't so much that you rolled huge, but the tentacles had double disadvantage to resist damage. You deal an extra X of damage each time you double the opposing roll... And I rolled a whopping 3 for the tentacles :p (3 vs. 13 = quadruple crit))

(Speed vs. Precision: 12 vs. 15. Miss)

Your aim is true, casting your ray of crippling magic straight towards the plant woman's midriff. The evil dryad proves too quick however and summons a large root to intercept the blast. The woody tendril shrivels, but its mistress remains unharmed.

Cart meanwhile has pried a piece of masonry from the stairwell and now hurls it at the dryad. The wolfman curses as the brick shatters on the ground far short of the target.

The dryad spreads her arms wide and thick shoots begin to sprout from her skin, twisting into woody cables that plunge into the earth, shattering the pristine temple floor. Your barely manage to keep your feet as the summoned plants entwine the base of the stairwell, tightening with increasing force. Your opponent cackles maniacally as the sound of cracking stone fills the air.

"Let's see how well you take a fall, fleshlings!"

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
"RUN YOU FOOLS!" The Demoness yells to the group, beginning to sprint down the stairs to try and escape form the large fall that was approaching. Her earlier attack was unfortunately blocked, so she'd have to keep slinging spells until either party failed.

While sprinting, Asheroth attempted to shoot out another ray of exhaustion from her palm. If she blocked it again, Asheroth would have to plan a new course of actions, and fast.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
(Speed rolls! 16, 9, 14)

(Speed vs. Precision: 12 vs. 15 Miss.)

The dryad is too occupied with her large demolition spell to summon another shield, but in your haste to get clear of the stairwell, your aim suffers and the spell goes wide.

You charge down the stone steps, going as fast as you can without careening off the side. You and Rizzy manage to leap clear, but Cart falters. Your loyal follower finds himself at the foot of the spiral staircase just as the dryads vines give one last tremendous pull and the whole thing comes down.

(Fort roll: 17)

You clench your eyes against billows of dust and debris. The sound of what must be tons of rock falling is deafening, but you can still hear Rizzy's distressed wail as Cart's bulky form fades from visibility.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Asheroth finds herself in the air, just leaping from the stairs. She lets out a unmph as she hit the ground, quickly scrambling back to her feet. Her eardrums are pounded with the sounds of tons of rocks slamming against the ground around her, within the sound she unmistakably hears a shriek, the source having to come from Lizzy. Frantically looking back, she sees no sign of her furry companion.

Her eyes filled with rage, Asheroth slams her staff to the floor, Arcane power channeling through its enchantments. "ENOUGH, I tire of this game." She growls, the tattoos covering her body beginning to glow with power. Asheroth sends out a booming Charm toward the Dryad, in an attempt to coax her into her power.

(I'm using mark of Hecate to combine Charm person and Suggestion. I'm also using the daily use of my staff to get advantage on the spell)

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
(Charisma vs. Insight: [17 vs. 12])

The dust settles as you climb atop the rubble and invoke your divine authority. You shiver as sparks race along the intricate markings of hecate's tattoo, filling you with indescribable power. You taste honey on your tongue as your speech floats upon the the air with irresistible authority. You extend your staff and its ghost light flares as you simultaneously batter down the Dryad's mental defenses and quell her hostility.

The plant woman's head snaps back as if someone struck her across the face. She slumps for a moment before slowly straightening. Her eyes flutter open with a glassy quality that tells you your spell had succeeded.

"A-ash! I found Cart. H-he's not looking so good."

A quick glance tells you that Rizzy's assessment is an understatement. The wolfman unconscious and half buried in stone with only his upper body exposed. Cart needs medical attention, but you can't afford to break the connection with the dryad, lest she slip from your control and murder you all. She seems compliant now, but no spell lasted forever.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
She had done it, the Dryad has been tamed. Ash stared blankly ahead for a moment of time, having not expected to make it this far. She had her under her power, now she had to act quickly to enthrall the Plant woman. Taking a few steps toward her, she pauses, glancing at Izzy.

Cart was hurt, badly. This was bad. She didn't know any healing spells, but still... "Izzy, try to uncover him and apply pressure to any bleeding wounds. I'll be with you in a minute." Her eyes remained on the Dryad, cautiously approaching.

Face to face with her, she leans in, and locks lips with the corrupted Dryad, her hands moving up to lightly caress her cheek. She didn't know how long until Hecate's power took affect opposed to a simple human, but she had to try...

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Rizzi quickly sets to work, nervously casting glances towards the dryad even as she shifts the pile of rubble covering Cart.

The plant woman makes a muffled moan as you claim her lips. What might be the beginnings of protests quickly dies in her throat as you deepen the kiss, calling upon Hecate's power to make her utterly beholden to you.

While the Mistress of magic certainly was known for mind-manipulating sorcery, and even some elements of seduction, there was nothing quite so persuasive as a succubus's lips and tongue. Stressful as the situation is, you are unable to quell the rising sense of pleasure circulating all over your body. Powerful divine magics mix with the lustful power of your bloodline, producing a potent cocktail that you directed completely towards your victim. You are in your element and it feels good.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
This, this was that Ash dreamed of. The pleasure of the kiss, sucking the will out of your prey, replacing it with utter devotion to yourself... It was indescribable. It was easy to get lost to the pleasure, easy to fall to corruption.

The Succubus lets out a quiet moan into her prey's mouth, lips spreading further, her tongue traveling deeper into the woman's mouth. This woman... Ash knew she wanted her the moment she laid eyes on her. Those perfect curves, that sultry face... and the power she controlled.... the woman would be a perfect ally to her. But with prior events, she'd have to be enthralled and become a good little slave for her Mistress.

Her hands lain upon the woman's back, gently trace down her smooth skin, your fingers sliding down to her hips, lengthening out to grope that massive ass of hers. This body... you'd make it yours to do whatever you wish. Oh, the things we'd do with her...

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
The dryad curls into your arms, any suspicions you had of further resistance gone the moment her sultry lips curled into a lustful smile. The poor, corrupted plant woman really had no chance. She may have been transformed by demonic magics, but you were the genuine article. Creatures like this were made to serve, not to rule.

When you finally come up for air, a trail of blue smoke curls about your scorching lips. Then a wave of exhaustion hits you. You barely manage to keep your feet as your newest slave drops to her knees, nuzzling at your hand. This gift was potent, but it certainly took a lot out of you!

(Disadvantage on all physical rolls until rest)

"A-ash! I realize you're a little busy right not, but..."

Rizzi's voice breaks a little as she gestures helplessly at Cart's crumpled form. Most of the rubble trapping his body has been cleared away, but his right side remains pinned underneath an enormous rock. Any lesser being would have been crushed outright, but even your stalwart wolfmorph must have sustained severe damage. Even if you managed to get him free, there wasn't a healer for miles...

Though the staircase you entered lay utterly destroyed, you spy several more at the far end of the chamber. Hopefully the main gate wasn't the sole means of access... Overhead, the skylight casts its pure, unfiltered light on the mysterious alter- somehow still pristine in spite of all the carnage.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Ash tried her best not to stumble over, her knees threatening to give from exhaustion. That... spell took much more effort out of her than she realized, most likely because of the target. She was used to typical weak willed humans, but a corrupted Fey... that was new. Her eyes drifted to the now timid woman, meekly rubbing against her hand. She grabbed the woman by her jaw, carefully examining her before letting go of her.

"She won't be a problem anymore..." She says aloud, turning toward Rizzi, walking a bit slowly, wincing at each step. "This temple, i've had a feeling. You said before you felt a connection to it, correct? I felt... exactly the same at the temple below that church... As if you were meant to be there, you were a part of it..." Ash walks beside Rizzi, placing a hand on her shoulder.

"I found an alter, just like this... and I met the goddess Hecate. Rizzi, I want you to walk into that alter. I have a feeling you will meet the Goddess that blessed you with those wings. Don't worry about Cart, I'lll I'll try to deal with him. For now, visit the Goddess you've just saved." The Demoness gives her a reassuring smile, lightly squeezing her shoulder, before limping to Cart.

"Slave, help me get the boulder off the wolf, will you?" Ash says in a demanding tone, walking around the stone, trying to find the best spot to try and remove it.

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Rizzi rustles her wings nervously, but nods at your command and slowly approaches the alter. At the edge of the area of illumination, she pauses, hesitantly stretching a hand towards the gleaming block of stone.

"I feel... It feels warm," She murmurs before stepping forward.

You hear the dryad putting her flexible vine to work, leveraging the boulder off of Cart. But your attention remains on Rizzi. A hum of power courses through the air and the pulsating aura of the temple begins to thicken.

Your friend sets her hands upon the alter and waits for a few moments. The quiet that follows is abruptly shattered by a gong-like sound and the light strengthens, banishing the surrounding darkness like a small sun had taken residence within the room. Rizzi's wings snap open in a dazzling rainbow of color and she is lifted aloft, eyelids fluttering. A crystalline voice fills your mind.

The bridge has been restored. Iris returns to this world. I recognize the touch of my chosen, but there is another here... I sense the mark of Hecate on you... And the stench of the impure. Who are you?

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Ash's hands rise to try and block the sudden blinding light in the room. She wasn't expecting anything this dramatic, specifically the now rising Rizzi, shooting out rainbows from her wings. Rainbows... That must mean...

The Demoness visibly jumped when the voice started speaking in her head, her quivering knees quickly hitting the floor, giving the now apparent Goddess the respect she deserved. This... was the second Deity she has awoken... have all of the gods fallen into slumber? What could of caused this? Though questions raced in the Sorcerer's head, she knew it'd be wise to answer the Goddess'.

"I am Asheroth of the Dantalion house, training Sorceress, and chosen of Hecate. I arrived with your chosen to purify this temple of its corruption... I never would of thought it stored a slumbered Goddess, my divineship."

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
A exorcist with demonic blood in her veins? Curious.

There is a moment of silence as the fount of magic flows greater. Rizzi's form grows slack and her arms and legs stretch outward. Suddenly, the former-courtesan is engulfed in a prismatic flame, eyes and mouth alight with divine fire. Her clothes burn away, leaving the angelic girl's body highlighted by light from every angle... She looks beautiful.

With a gentle wingbeat, your friend returns to the ground. But when she speaks, you only hear Iris's voice.

"This world is colder than I had imagined. The magic of my brothers and sisters was sealed from this world during the war... Forgotten. How is it that you bear Hecate's touch, mortal?"

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
(Ash isn't aware that Hecate is her mother, correct? I don't think that was mentioned by the Goddess. if it was, i'll change my post.)

Asheroth stared at Rizzi... er, Iris or a few moments in silence, clearing her throat when she snapped out of her moment of shock. "I um... I was given it. Not too long ago, I found a temple similar to this one and ended up freeing Hecate. It was then she blessed me with her mark and bestowed me the privilege of being her First priestess." The demoness paused for a moment, thinking to herself. "Izzi, your chosen, mentioned she felt a connection to the temple. I felt something similar when I was in Hecate's. What exactly does that mean, why would we have a connection to slumbering deities? If, you don't mind me asking, your divineship."

(Do I know anything about this war she's talking about? Is it common knowledge that all the gods are sealed away?)

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Nope. Hecate didn't bother to tell her daughter dearest about their relationship. Poor Ash is in the dark :p

Ash can probably infer that the war Iris refers to is the demon wars. Basically a long ass time ago, mortals with divine help struggled to repel demonic invaders. By the conflict's end, much history and knowledge was lost. This is also the time when the Old Ways faded to obscurity and worship of the All Mother rose to great prevalence. No one has heard from the Old Gods since and it is uncertain why their influence left this world.

Iris considers your question for a moment. Staring at you through Rizzi's eyes, you can feel the goddess's overwhelming presence radiating all around you. Rizzi can no more contain this being than a cup could fit an ocean.

"This one's soul calls to me," She explains, running a finger along Rizzi's smooth flesh. "Perhaps she is descended from one of my favored, or even bears the blood of a divine. It imparts upon her an innate belief in me. Faith anchors the soul of a diety, giving us a foothold in this plane. Millennia ago, the faith of thousands kept me close, but people have since forgotten. We were removed from the hearts and minds of mortals and..."

The goddess hesitates. You find it disconcerting to see one so powerful so clearly unsure. She shakes the head of her chosen.

"I cannot remember. Hecate seeks to undo something gravely important. My presence here all but proves it. Of that, I am sure."

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Asheroth frowns at the lack of information given. If even a deity did not know the answer, was there any way she could find out? The mere thought troubled Ash greatly. Perhaps more than it should of, but... she couldn't let that stop her. Research was to be done, perhaps that would reveal something?

"So, you're saying that the worship from us mortals gives you strength? Is that why the gods have went silent, because of this blasted worship of the All Mother? What am I..." The Demoness pauses for a moment. "What are Rizzi and I supposed to do? Just reignite the faith, like Hecate has asked of me? This is all... well, too much to handle to put it flatly..."

Xatarias

Aug 27, 2015
Iris raises Rizzi's brow in amusement.

"I am but a minor goddess, messenger to those greater than myself. I tend not to issue commands- merely carry them. I do not know Hecate's designs for you, but I will offer you a word of caution. My sister's brilliance is only matched by her ambition and arrogance. She is used to getting what she wants- and is utterly uncaring to the harm inflicted upon others. Be careful in your dealings with her."

The goddess's possessed body shivers, and the halo of light surrounding her flickers. You sense her presence beginning to fade.

"My time bound to the body grows short," She explains. "I wouldn't want to damage one of the few faithful. It has been a long time since I viewed the world through mortal eyes, and I find it a most pleasant experience. You released me from my slumber and showed my favored her true path. If there is a favor within my power to grant, you may ask it of me."

The goddess might sound gracious now, but if your dealings with Hecate were anything to judge by, deities were fickle beings. Best keep your request reasonable or Iris might retract the offer... If you were lucky.

DaBomb

Aug 27, 2015
Asheroth bit her lip in thought. She wasn't expecting an award, though she wasn't daft enough to not accept one. She'd probably have to come up with something in the Goddess' domain, but what of that would prove useful to her? After a few moments of thought, her attention returned to Iris. "The divine messenger must travel around the world to do her job, correct? If I am humble enough to be granted a gift, I ask to be given the power of teleportation, its limits to your whims. That is all I ask, your divineship."