Trapped in Equestria 3.0 {Sign-up}

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
Please don't ascribe any emotional intent to my posts in this OOC thread..

I assure you, I will not. Your post told me more than you wrote but that is not the point. The point is that the debate is moot: both sides did some mistakes, we will talk it out here (Like mature adults) and we will all work to clear it so that everyone has more fun in this RP, including you.

I personally recommend editing so that your character Valentine clearly conveys his mind is thrown for a loop or that he needs a while to get his bearings. It is a sensible request in all circumstances.

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
I assure you, I will not. Your post told me more than you wrote but that is not the point. The point is that the debate is moot: both sides did some mistakes, we will talk it out here (Like mature adults) and we will all work to clear it so that everyone has more fun in this RP, including you.

I personally recommend editing so that your character Valentine clearly conveys his mind is thrown for a loop or that he needs a while to get his bearings. It is a sensible request in all circumstances.

Sure, I can do that. As I mentioned before, should I edit the bee hive out of the post or just leave it in but not cut it down? I'm really trying to avoid both getting into a fight I can't win AND trying to avoid being bagged. I can submit an entirely new post if that is preferable.

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
New post, please. Erase the previous one and write one in its stead.

(Use the edit button. Write new post. Write it over the old post.)

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
New post, please. Erase the previous one and write one in its stead.

(Use the edit button. Write new post. Write it over the old post.)

Done as discussed in PM. Should be kosher now. Trying to avoid being captured without some sort of resistance, character would rather resolve their problem through words WITHOUT the hood and WITHOUT disarming. It's hard to convince a nobleman to let some random stranger put a bag over his head and possibly surrender his sword without at least a token effort to retain his dignity. My character will probably find whatever explanation Knife has for the bag deeply insulting and extremely degrading for a man of his station in life. I'm not trying to sound like a prick but he is a blueblood... So being intimidated into submissively donning some hood like a slave or a pack animal by a commoner(in his view, I'm Australian so we don't do that class thing here) while he is disarmed and interrogated would be almost completely unjustifiable(think long-lasting grudge if he does accept her reason) to him whether or not the conversation that would occur afterwards would sway Valentine to his point of view.

(I thought congealing dirt in a high level character's eyes with a honey shower while I ran away might be the only way I could justify escaping, sorry if I pissed anyone off... Med helped me clarify rules and acceptable posting so hopefully I'll be able to participate properly now.)

Last edited by a moderator:

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
Valentine and Knife are clearly destined to be greatest friends forever.

/sarcasm

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
...I have three words of wisdom to offer. They have neen proved through years of hardship, testing and Mary Sue OCs that we have been plagued with.

Uh-huh- Sure sure.  ¬¬

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
The whole chocolate jab is a reference to the fact that some animal tranqs are actually sold as street drugs IRL, they fuck you up good. 

Easy to say your drugs work equally well on everything with future-magic but still whatever you give him next could end up like dogs and chocolate if you don't account for that. I was tempted to have my character trip balls when he got done with the tranq, just slipped in a small reference. 

So when do I get waterboarded?

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
That depends on Valentine's manners. Human souls are a delicacy among certain culinary persons..

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
If Valentine is capable of nullifying the effect of moving an entire piece of plane of existence then he is most welcome to make the effort to resist.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Not back quite yet, was just checking something on the 'puter so I figured I'd drop by and post. I'll be back in a couple hours probably.

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
Ah. 

I am off for the night.

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
If Valentine is capable of nullifying the effect of moving an entire piece of plane of existence then he is most welcome to make the effort to resist.

Left overs in the sense that parts of his soul are already missing, he loses pieces of himself every time he's translated between worlds and that doesn't even take into consideration the hefty chunk he gave away to a loved one awhile back. Literally to prolong her life. Technically, his soul isn't a finite resource if it isn't all taken at once, it will regrow like a pruned tree if it's nutured... Sometimes better than before if the piece that was lost, given away or removed was tainted by corruption or existential pain/desire/loss.

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
Left overs in the sense that parts of his soul are already missing, he loses pieces of himself every time he's translated between worlds and that doesn't even take into consideration the hefty chunk he gave away to a loved one awhile back. Literally to prolong her life. Technically, his soul isn't a finite resource if it isn't all taken at once, it will regrow like a pruned tree if it's nutured... Sometimes better than before if the piece that was lost, given away or removed was tainted by corruption or existential pain/desire/loss.

I do not agree with or undersign any of these claims regarding methaphysics.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
I too am skeptical of such an idea. Souls don't seem like something you'd want to give away or like they grow back. I think this needs to be sorted out now before you go too far down a road no one else understands or will join you on [I speak from experience, its much better to RP as a team than to write your own mythology willy-nilly, other writers be damned.]

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
I do not agree with or undersign any of these claims regarding methaphysics.

*shrugs* You can't retroactively rewrite a character's history in another plane of existence(a seperate RP) that you aren't GMing if the character conforms to the rules you set down after translating the character over to your RP. It effectively means nothing to your RP as it is assumed that during the transition between realities that the character in question essentially materializes in a form that the GM deems to conform to the local RP's laws of physics. His time before your world might as well be considered imaginary/schizophrenic dream to your character's point of view because it is that intangible, memories of things that might not even be possible in your world and are completely inaccessible by anyone without my consent as I GM my own world separately from every other one.(You wouldn't want to follow as I'd be effectively departing to a separate RP, no magic ergo no magical creatures. I get depowered(like I did when I visited your world), magical creatures that rely on magic to live or exist get wiped from existence.) I explained the metaphysics of my character's method of transportation, it explicitly stated that his original form vanished at one end and re-materialized CONFORMING TO YOUR LOCAL UNIVERSES RULES(OOC: Your rules).

Each forum counts as a different world with different physics to my character, each GM decides the local rules that I conform to. I believe I've explained this thoroughly already.

I too am skeptical of such an idea. Souls don't seem like something you'd want to give away or like they grow back. I think this needs to be sorted out now before you go too far down a road no one else understands or will join you on [I speak from experience, its much better to RP as a team than to write your own mythology willy-nilly, other writers be damned.]

Once again, you can't influence that because that was only true in the place he came from, your world has different rules. That's why my character didn't so much TRAVEL to your world but get TRANSLATED to it, explains all the weirdness. Literal parts of his existence disappeared if they didn't conform to your ruleset. If I were to have him somehow leave and then enter my own thread set on his original homeworld, he would lose all magical powers as they don't conform to his original homeworld's laws of physics and if you followed him into my thread you'd be following him into MY realm where MY rules apply as only I get to decide what my character can and can't do outside of your RP's thread/universe. *shrugs* I intend to write up a post describing him wandering the woods to explore your world while I focus on 1 on 1 RP I'm doing. It got longer than this thread in the first hour, I'll see you guys when I'm not so busy. 

I was looking forward to RPing my character exploring your local world, checking out all the cool stuff, going on adventures like the fairytales my character was inspired by(you've got flying horses and magical clouds people can lounge in, seemed appropriate. 

No offense meant, no offense taken and no hard feelings for any of you guys, you all seem like a pretty cool bunch.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Skype on Pippu's laptop doesn't want to show the group chat. 

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
Hey, I was gonna put my character on backburner posting levels when I initially started getting drawn away from here by life priorities until I was less busy. Liked the idea of playing my character a little in a literal fairy-tale setting, it was kinda his theme to an extent when I rolled him in 2002 because a friend wanted cute RP 8 years before MLP: Friendship of magic was released and adult women weren't supposed to watch Disney movies or MLP anymore. However when I mentioned this to Meds in passing as I started up a decent post to explain why I'd gone off to wander(justified bi-weekly posts) until I was less busy, it started abusing me both directly and indirectly with a mixture of poison, bile and passive aggressive narcissism. I haven't been back because I was busy and when I saw it bothered to respond to my PM to tell me I hadn't run my idea past the GM... It got agitated when I explained myself calmly and as inoffensively as I could manage given the immediate disrespect I was shown. You all seemed like pretty reasonable, carefree people and that's why I joined this RP, shame I had to withdraw but I at least wanted to fill you in. I feel a little bit bad for just editing my posts out but I don't trust Meds to use that as an excuse for some sort of brutal god-mod on my inactive character because they feel justified doing it by their paranoia and irrational, irresponsible fears about words on a forum in a carefree, casual RP about animated moving pictures on a TV that some people like and some people don't.

Did anyone tell Meds/It/Him/Her/Whatever/Pronoun that friendship is magic? ^_~ Anyway, I hope you all have a great RP session and I hope my removing my posts hasn't affected anyone significantly as I know how important logic, continuity and posting activity is to an RP that good writers may have a large attachment to. If I affected any of you, I'd like to apologize, if I haven't I'd like to say it's a pity we didn't get RP together, it would've been fun. 

*salutes the GM* Have good RP and enjoy your writing.

*drops a beehive on Med's face and sets him on fire* Words! *wordswordswordswords!* Oh no! Look~ Words! *dodges words and responds with words* WORDS!!!!!! LEE-ROY WOOOORRDDDS *words at Meds furiously because wording is serious business and requires 14 PMs to discuss* OH NOES!!! Was this too many words!? A literal(ha, puns) wall of descriptive words! How intimidating and strange that someone might write more than I in an RP where people have to describe ANYTHING they want other people to... well.. SEE!

>.>
*coughs* Kids these days. 
<.<
Anyway...

Chill out and just enjoy the RP for what it is Meds, it's not ike this RP is your real life and the characters in it are literally the only friends and family you've got, right? OH... I... I... I never actually considered that could be the case. 

Sorry I disturbed you, Meds. Hope you feel better now that I'm gone, hope you feel like you're on a more even keel if that really is the case. 

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
Take five and try again after you can write like a decent adult rather than a thirteen-year-old ditz.

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
Fluffy has to clean Fluffy-puter

JDeko

Aug 27, 2015
Kekistan
www.facebook.com
[silly Pippu sounds]

Mustang Flex

Aug 27, 2015
I'm interested in this RP. Before I get to work on a character however, I'd appreciate getting a little bit more know how about what it's about and what kind of  detail you'd want from a new character sheet. Thanks!

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
Very well Mustang Flex.

We shall amass something of a summary for you and, disasters aside, present it to you tomorrow. 

I for one am going to bed now.