Trapped in Equestria 3.0 {Sign-up}

TresdeLeche

Aug 27, 2015
In the course of over a couple of years, everyone here has pitched in to create a vast world filled with countless creatures and infinite opportunities that await in this worlds for someone to come seize them, but the inhabitants are not cardboard cut outs as they each have lives of their own with agendas they each follow. Welcome to Trapped in Equestria.

List of current players:
Magius Amity (JDeko)
2. Kimono[Coxa] (TresdeLeche)
3. Chroma (Torzar)
4. Bones (Meds)
5. Gwy[Gwyndolin] (TresdeLeche)
6. Jackniife (Kcoyote)

Bulletins--
2/6/2015: From now on, post here for OOC questions, comments, ect. Notifications and such will be posted on this thread as well instead of the old thread.
8/31/2015: Due to the old forum vanishing into the sands of time, we are unable to supply links to showcase the previous adventures.

---
For those that still/may want to join:
Look at this link to the character sheet. After you are sure of the character you have, pm me (Tres) and Meds for final verification.
-Character sheet link: http://i.imgur.com/Rfhdo10.jpg

Playing as canon character(s)/NPC(s) :
Consult either me(Tres) and Meds(DM) if you want to create an NPC. Even if NPCs are less likely to affect a plot, we still want to be sure they fit within the rp's canon.
---

We also had a Side Stories thread. Due to the previous technical reasons that were taking place within the older forum, the chapters will have to be listed here. If needed, we will make a new thread to resume the most current Side Story.

Table of Contents:
A Guy's Night Out
2. A Mind is a Terrible thing to Read.
3. Groundhog Day!
4. Self Story: Twilight's Storybook
5. Poison Joke's on You!
6. The Alicorn Switcharoo.
7. Self Story: The Great and Powerful Comeback of The Faithful and Healing Trixie!
8. A Night at the Tavern.
9. Youth Done Over. [Current]

Last edited:

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
Do I write up a profile or do I just choose stuff from this list and tell you what I chose? I wanted to play a human male princely type who is good with swords, magic and horsemanship/jousting. I teleported in accidentally but that can be changed if it breaks the rules. He's an old character of mine, most of his fighting skills evolve around either rose or crystal magic I came up with myself... Not sure how to translate that with this profile system. Please have my post deleted from the thread if it doesn't conform or you don't approve of me playing, I can edit if you point out what is wrong/invalid.

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
Yes, please write a profile. Furthermore, the character creation sheet includes the human option.

As for magics we can look that over as the Art in this RP is rather extensive although the skills and proficiencies will not be automatic on your character.

The rest will be covered once you have the sheet ready. Ask us if you are not certain or if you have questions.

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
Yes, please write a profile. Furthermore, the character creation sheet includes the human option.

As for magics we can look that over as the Art in this RP is rather extensive although the skills and proficiencies will not be automatic on your character.

The rest will be covered once you have the sheet ready. Ask us if you are not certain or if you have questions.

Do you have any samples I could work from? ^_^;;

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
Do you have any samples I could work from? ^_^;;

Let's see. 

http://fenoxo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/80-trapped-in-equestria-30-stats-page/ 

The stats page usually has a characters listed abilities, typical appearance, technical details and other things such as their level, race, talents, perks and so forth. You may also see some history mentions or other things. In the previous forus we had more extensive biographies but the short summaries were mostly focused on who the character is, where they come from and what they are like, what was best as well as worst in them, their mane color, their fur color, their eye color, and then some other details they person felt others should know.

Also, the GM is require to know everything worth knowing about your character. If you suspect the GM might want to know please tell our GM right away instead of dithering about it. We have had past players trying to smuggle in "concealed" gamebreaking abilities.

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
Let's see. 

http://fenoxo.com/forum/index.php?/topic/80-trapped-in-equestria-30-stats-page/ 

The stats page usually has a characters listed abilities, typical appearance, technical details and other things such as their level, race, talents, perks and so forth. You may also see some history mentions or other things. In the previous forus we had more extensive biographies but the short summaries were mostly focused on who the character is, where they come from and what they are like, what was best as well as worst in them, their mane color, their fur color, their eye color, and then some other details they person felt others should know.

Also, the GM is require to know everything worth knowing about your character. If you suspect the GM might want to know please tell our GM right away instead of dithering about it. We have had past players trying to smuggle in "concealed" gamebreaking abilities.

Posted to the thread. My character as originally designed scales to match opponents(powergamers get powergamed) as it was primarily designed for combat against multiple high-powerered, seasoned RPers with masterfully written character profiles with very few obvious and exploitable flaws that you had to defeat by painting into logical corners without being cornered yourself(no forced hits unless it's clearly impossible to dodge because of what you did in a prior post). Record win was 10 to 1 vs Kenshin Himura/Goku speed/strength characters in 2005... Will restrict power to appropriate levels though. I don't have my old character profiles otherwise I'd hand them straight over for you approval.  

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
I shall be frank. We all began at level 1 with only whatever little things we could muster from the character creation thread whether it was magic or skills in something. That same limit applies here so are you really certain you are comfortable either setting this character back that much instead of creating something new? We would not want to sour your experience just because we all start with the same line and grow from there, especially since you are obviously attached to this character and have such a deep story already behind them.

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
I shall be frank. We all began at level 1 with only whatever little things we could muster from the character creation thread whether it was magic or skills in something. That same limit applies here so are you really certain you are comfortable either setting this character back that much instead of creating something new? We would not want to sour your experience just because we all start with the same line and grow from there, especially since you are obviously attached to this character and have such a deep story already behind them.

Yep, I can explain it all away sealing. My character was so flexible because I had to be able to fairly fight a normal human in one forum and 12 super saiyans on another... Always tried to make myself slightly weaker than my opponent. Plus he's died like multiple times and come back in different forms before.

Edit: One clarfication, do these stats effect my finesse(ability to even think of blocking/dodging/attacking with certain techniques vs actually being strong/fast/smart enough to be successful?) vs just power? 

Last edited by a moderator:

Torzar

Aug 26, 2015
Meds was tired and went to take a nap, so I'll try to run you through the basics of this rp.

First and foremost, you need  to clarify how you spent your points on the creation sheet.

For the stats that you have not spent anything on, write down 0/none for now. Over the course of the rp, you can raise all of those of course which can then thematically be classified as unlocking your sealed powers bit by bit. Same goes for perks.

Note here: Without purchasing the memories perk, your character will not know anything about his past before he came to Equestria.

For every full 5 points in a stat that you use for combat you get one point for your combat roll modifier. Any equipment like weapons, armor or trinkets add to that modifier.

Our combat system is fairly simplistic. All characters by default have 4 hits before they faint. You and your opponent roll a d20+combat modifier and the one who gets the higher number scores a hit. Should one combatant roll 10+higher than the opponent, they score a critical for double the damage.

(More will follow)

Torzar

Aug 26, 2015
For level-ups you gain 5 stat points that you can allocate freely.

You level up if you win 3 battles or do 3 training sessions (limited to 3 per day in the rp).

Training sessions can be done by studying books on the topic in the library or training in a training center we established in Ponyville.

Those books/training sessions have varying difficulty levels. The higher the difficulty, the better the reward in stats you get from the training.

Tier 1 requires a roll of 5 or greater to be successful and rewards with a 1d4 roll to add to your stats.

Tier 2 requires a roll of 9 or greater to be successful and rewards with a 1d6 roll to add to your stats.

Tier 3 requires a roll of 13 or greater to be successful and rewards with a 1d8 roll to add to your stats.

Tier 4 requires a roll of 17 or greater to be successful and rewards with a 1d10 roll to add to your stats.

The first roll is done with a 1d20+<your character's modifier of the stat> and determines if the training is successful, so don't go for a too high difficulty right of the bat.

Example: You read a Tier 2 book about Illusion magic and have 15 in illusion magic which gives you a +3 modifier on the difficulty roll, so you roll d20+3 and check if the result is at least 9. If yes, roll the 1d6 to gain that many stat points in illusion magic.

Alternatively, you can buy potions from a potion shop in Ponyville to raise stats. You can drink at most 3 of these potions a day and they give 1d6 to a stat determined by the potion type.

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
For level-ups you gain 5 stat points that you can allocate freely.

You level up if you win 3 battles or do 3 training sessions (limited to 3 per day in the rp).

Training sessions can be done by studying books on the topic in the library or training in a training center we established in Ponyville.

Those books/training sessions have varying difficulty levels. The higher the difficulty, the better the reward in stats you get from the training.

Tier 1 requires a roll of 5 or greater to be successful and rewards with a 1d4 roll to add to your stats.

Tier 2 requires a roll of 9 or greater to be successful and rewards with a 1d6 roll to add to your stats.

Tier 3 requires a roll of 13 or greater to be successful and rewards with a 1d8 roll to add to your stats.

Tier 4 requires a roll of 17 or greater to be successful and rewards with a 1d10 roll to add to your stats.

The first roll is done with a 1d20+<your character's modifier of the stat> and determines if the training is successful, so don't go for a too high difficulty right of the bat.

Example: You read a Tier 2 book about Illusion magic and have 15 in illusion magic which gives you a +3 modifier on the difficulty roll, so you roll d20+3 and check if the result is at least 9. If yes, roll the 1d6 to gain that many stat points in illusion magic.

Alternatively, you can buy potions from a potion shop in Ponyville to raise stats. You can drink at most 3 of these potions a day and they give 1d6 to a stat determined by the potion type.

How many do I start with? That sheet is very pretty but I find it hard to read... I wasn't sure if I could take disabilities for extra points or how many I actually have to start with. What would using part of the scenery to parry/deflect/attack count as? I can see a roll to kill someone with a falling tree making sense but how about say throwing dirt in someone's face as they charge you? Or slapping something off a shelf or table at someone as a distraction while you leap over their desk to attack them? Or say you're fighting someone stronger, could you use you rolls on different things in the scenery which would then have their own strengths and weaknesses based on what they are? Say they drop a high level sword and I throw it at them or trick them into running into/falling on it? Or even use logic to make them kill themselves with their own attack some how? (They leap at you to try to slash/stab you from the air, momentum carries them towards you, you just aim say your spear tip at their expected landing zone and the actual length of the weapon + their fall do the job for you?) or (Use a fire attack to attack you while they are knee deep in petrol and unaware of it's flammability?) How much of a battle is about the writer and their tactics vs say statistics in this game?) That stuff sounds like it would automatically cause another defensive roll to me even if their attack is going to kill you for sure, right?

Torzar

Aug 26, 2015
You start with 50 points on the stat sheet and can get more with a drawback (only one drawback is allowed).

The stats are kept very general and something like using a roll or dirt against your enemy would likely fall into the fitness category.

You can choose to split this into strength and agility for example.

How you fight is essentially up to you. The combat rolls merely determine how many hits you and your opponent take. Around this combat result you can write a combat scene of your liking. There are only a few things you have to watch out for:

You do get hit in the scene if the roll results say you do get hit.

If you lose, you can't write a scene where you win. (duh ;)  )

You can't write moves into your fight that go beyond your character's abilities.

Otherwise you can throw dirt, punch them in the dick or finish them with some flashy combo as you please.

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
You start with 50 points on the stat sheet and can get more with a drawback (only one drawback is allowed).

The stats are kept very general and something like using a roll or dirt against your enemy would likely fall into the fitness category.

You can choose to split this into strength and agility for example.

How you fight is essentially up to you. The combat rolls merely determine how many hits you and your opponent take. Around this combat result you can write a combat scene of your liking. There are only a few things you have to watch out for:

You do get hit in the scene if the roll results say you do get hit.

If you lose, you can't write a scene where you win. (duh ;)  )

You can't write moves into your fight that go beyond your character's abilities.

Otherwise you can throw dirt, punch them in the dick or finish them with some flashy combo as you please.

Everything is clear except the situation with the person killing themselves by doing something way exploitable. (standing in gas  and throwing a fireball/falling onto something sharp they didn't expect but should have realized like "Don't jump at the person standing in a pit if you don't know what is under all those leaves he's knee deep in." type stuff? Obstensibly, it wouldn't be you or your character actually doing something, you could be using something they set up or something another (PC) did earlier that leads to something like that? Who would they be rolling against if say you went a set up a bunch of traps and had me to lure some one in as easy bait? Me? You? Would the traps get their OWN stats once set? What happens if ANOTHER pc aside from the target bumbles into a trap during the fray or say a week later even?) Just trying to get best advice possible. It's not that I specifically plan to do any of the things I mentioned, I also need to know so I can avoid it happening to me! lol

Torzar

Aug 26, 2015
That kind of thing would be for the DM to decide. I'd expect that auch traps can either hurt you just like a hit in combat would (which includes the potential for death of course) and/or penalties for combat until healed/removed.

How would the rolling happen? Well, that depends on how you got into that situation. 

In the easiest case, the DM would write up a scene that gives some clues about a potential trap. If you fail to see the trap and walk into it, it is sprung and causes its effect.

It may come to a situation where the floor is basically riddled with traps and the DM may have you rolk for agility or the like to pass through unharmed. Alternatively you can also try and avoid the floor by e.g. climbing around.

It's all pretty free-form, so if you have a special idea on something, you can try it, but the details of what that ideas realization entails need to be discussed with the DM.

I do have to add, though, that we didn't really use any traps yet that I know of.

I forgot about something: Humans get the memories perk free from the sheet, so your character definitely remembers who he is.

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
I forgot about something: Humans get the memories perk free from the sheet, so your character definitely remembers who he is.

So building a shit load of traps like punji pits and landmines(magic spells set to go off on proximity) on say one side of a corn field/forest/flammable place and then starting a huge inferno that pushes player characters/npcs/whatever towards your traps while you take up posiiton on say an overlooking hill with a bow/magic staff/huge ass crossbow meant for castle seiges and picked them all off from a safe distance, how would that would work? I assume even a low level character can spread fuel and start a fire or dig a hole, put sharp sticks in it and cover it with foliage, right? Figure this would be DM heavy. Also assuming stuff mentioned here can't magically appear into a character's head without a good reason; they've done it before themselves or are nasty enough to come up with something like this? I assume people can't just graft OOC knowledge like profiles into their PC's to exploit weaknesses without some sort of IC justification, right? I don't even like reading past player description and VISIBLE weapons until I have to check because of accusations like that being hard to disprove, I'd rather they say it's been in my profile for a week or whatever and vice versa. This sort of stuff would be cool for a player camp/lair/house/whatever if they're worried about being outlaws or have money on their head.

Torzar

Aug 26, 2015
It's good to take care not to have your character know things he cannot really know (yet). That basically falls under the "No godmoding!" rule.

Regarding trap-setups and attacks from a "safe" spot, it would probably be best to wait for Meds to make a statement about it since he would be the one to decide on it at the end of the day. Since we had no such case yet, I cannot really tell you much more, I'm afraid. 

It would likely be possible, but Meds would set the conditions etc.

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
I return, sick with Flu but able to work! And I have an answer to offer.

The cases you describe can take place and they will usually bestow either attacks from the trap (The traps will have their own attack modifier that they roll.) or grants you free attacks from the distance. The circumstances are usually case-dependent since the situations are often best judged separately as there are always several circumstances that must be considered. In addition the trap creator's skills will be weighed in but so will be target the traps are "aimed" at.

I can explain it all away sealing.

This. This I can work with. 

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
I return, sick with Flu but able to work! And I have an answer to offer.

The cases you describe can take place and they will usually bestow either attacks from the trap (The traps will have their own attack modifier that they roll.) or grants you free attacks from the distance. The circumstances are usually case-dependent since the situations are often best judged separately as there are always several circumstances that must be considered. In addition the trap creator's skills will be weighed in but so will be target the traps are "aimed" at.

This. This I can work with. 

My character might not be fully powered and probably will never reach anything close to it. But he's fought in dozens of inter-dimensional(each forum, sometime each thread counted as a different reality for the purposes of the invasions I participated in/led/defended against) wars in universes with completely definitions when it comes to the laws of physics and lost maybe 3 or 4 fights that I didn't purposely intend to lose for character development. Should expect a character like that to be able to think outside of the box/retain a full knowledge of everything he's used/seen/tried even if he's reduced to being a normal human... Had to clarify.

Also, can you spend points on specific skills not elaborated on or included by default? I'd love to be able to develop my rose/flower magic to a decent level, it was the character's calling card. He's named Valentine after all, lol. He was able to make roses and other types of flowers and plants to grow from soil/manifest from thin air with will alone with the same level of exertion you'd feel yawning or breathing and then use manipulate them for whatever purposes were required. Also capable of using the power of his ego to project a magical shield capable of protecting him from stuff like bullets, explosions... re-entry from orbit while basically naked or poison gas. That power would be hard to include probably, it would have to scale with level and roll against enemy stats.

Most of his abilities would fall under the category of Nature or Holy/Light magic excluding anything provided by nanites (produced by an implanted gland, could start out with a tiny supply to limit uses but they can multiple exponentially outside his body to meet the task at hand usually) (like his sword being able to extend, retract, change shape, flexibility or even change shape/size suddenly) or the unlimited supply "Crystal Roses" that can be used defensively to parry/deflect sword blows or gun fire or be thrown at enemy exploding into a cloud of razor sharp shrapnel that literally rips into their skin and then starts to tear them apart on a molecular level/starts dissolving them like an acid/marks them for tracking/stays inactive until carry out a pre-programmed command(pretty much anything you can think of that nano-tech can plausibly do.)

TresdeLeche

Aug 27, 2015
Spritely: Me and Meds have looked over your character sheet and everything seems to be in order.  Your character has been accepted, but you cannot post just yet.  We are still in the process of setting things up.  You will be able to post when Meds gives you the cue to.  

And welcome to the rp! ^^

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
Spritely: Me and Meds have looked over your character sheet and everything seems to be in order.  Your character has been accepted, but you cannot post just yet.  We are still in the process of setting things up.  You will be able to post when Meds gives you the cue to.  

And welcome to the rp! ^^

Ponyville is in business.

I took this post and the PM as permission to enter. Thanks guys. Please edit my profile to your pleasure as I'm still unsure how combat modifies and all that should look for a level 1 profile.

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
The skills a character begins with are 0 at their start unless otherwise stated. The explanation in your human's case is that his abilities as well as those of his gear have been sealed by parties unknown (So far at least) for purposes of many kinds. The Agility I listed to you in the PM means he possesses sufficient Agility to be able to turn it into an outright combat modifier. As Torzar stated you will find the combat value in such things (Do ask us please, not everything gives a direct benefit or boon in combat) by dividing a value given by five. 

Furthermore because of the man'ability to learn magic it means his talents are right now only General Magic which he has at 0 leaving him only the potential but the potential is still there which is 100% more than a "normal" human could hope for in this setting.

In addition please refrain from massive walls of texts as they oftentimes railroad the world's reactions or those within it, and we have had considerable numbers of people in the past trying to force their way just because they wrote it so in the first place. This also covers the rolling of the dice in situations where it is merited, such as skill attempts or combat.

Finally we usually have the GM (Tres) or the DM (Myself) provide the narrative as well as reactions of the world in general. If you would like to request control of a particular NPC, character thereof or create some such as that one earth pony mare in park, please ask us beforehand and we will see what we can do.

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
Also, it has been agreed that at least one person's PC will come to greet Valentine.

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
That is a feckton of bling. (This is a subtle hint.)

EDIT: I am off to a nap. If you are absolutely set on opposed rolls perform them in rolz.org under supervised conditions.

I do not recommend it for Valentine at this spot.

Also, if you curous as to what characters, PCs or NPCs a person controls you can and should ask. 

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015

Didn't realize straight away that you had posted, I lost it in the back and forth because I wasn't sure if I was both accepted and admitted to the RP yet. That's my fault though as I'm new this RP forum, sorry about that.

That is a feckton of bling. (This is a subtle hint.)

EDIT: I am off to a nap. If you are absolutely set on opposed rolls perform them in rolz.org under supervised conditions.

I do not recommend it for Valentine at this spot.

Also, if you curous as to what characters, PCs or NPCs a person controls you can and should ask. 
Attacking someone who is armed to the teeth head on with no preparation at all in a stat based system would be suicide...

Edit: Looks like I just got forced to start what could become a fight by Knife... Who the hell lures a lost person into a clearing and tries to intimidate them until they make themselves helpless by putting a bag over their head? lol... 

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
Spritely.

I shall forgo the hints and move on to directly stating the most obvious of things.

First of all  I will remind you that  Valentine's apparent supergear's abilities are sealed, and thereby he cannot access them. This includes any super flashy physics they might possess.

Secondly I will remind you that Valentine's apparent superhuman abilities are sealed, and thereby he cannot access them. As I stated prior repeatedly he has the basics of agility and little else; this means he cannot reach the superhuman speeds or pounces you wrote for him in your wall of text.

Thirdly, you altered the conditions moving the pair apparently under a tree when no such was apparent. Additionally you made certain the beehive, of which no mention was made previously, was in the perfect height for a 6-foot man to reach and somehow apparently slice…and then proceeded to make a wall of text that essentially railroads a thousand things. Please do not do this: do not railroad with walls of text, do not radically alter the environment without talking with others

Three point five as a repeat reminder: please do not write walls of text. They are bothersome and are very likely to be ignored as a spontaneous trip of the mind made by whoever posted it.

Fourth and most important:

Keep OOC chatter to the Sign-Up Thread as we keep our chatter there. Adding them to IC posts is not necessary and it helps everyone communicate to chatter in the Sign-up.

Finally, you claim several things but in turn Valentine, a person who just discovered his abilities as well as gear suddenly powereless, not only went full ADHD rapidfiring questions without a pause for more than two posts and then finally in your post decided to attack someone geared for serious things rather than try to ask anything, mind his manners, ask in a good-mannered fashion or at least try to apply anything that is not considered quite rude in normal situations. 

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
Spritely.

I shall forgo the hints and move on to directly stating the most obvious of things.

First of all  I will remind you that  Valentine's apparent supergear's abilities are sealed, and thereby he cannot access them. This includes any super flashy physics they might possess.

Secondly I will remind you that Valentine's apparent superhuman abilities are sealed, and thereby he cannot access them. As I stated prior repeatedly he has the basics of agility and little else; this means he cannot reach the superhuman speeds or pounces you wrote for him in your wall of text.

Thirdly, you altered the conditions moving the pair apparently under a tree when no such was apparent. Additionally you made certain the beehive, of which no mention was made previously, was in the perfect height for a 6-foot man to reach and somehow apparently slice…and then proceeded to make a wall of text that essentially railroads a thousand things. Please do not do this: do not railroad with walls of text, do not radically alter the environment without talking with others

Three point five as a repeat reminder: please do not write walls of text. They are bothersome and are very likely to be ignored as a spontaneous trip of the mind made by whoever posted it.

Fourth and most important:

Keep OOC chatter to the Sign-Up Thread as we keep our chatter there. Adding them to IC posts is not necessary and it helps everyone communicate to chatter in the Sign-up.

Finally, you claim several things but in turn Valentine, a person who just discovered his abilities as well as gear suddenly powereless, not only went full ADHD rapidfiring questions without a pause for more than two posts and then finally in your post decided to attack someone geared for serious things rather than try to ask anything, mind his manners, ask in a good-mannered fashion or at least try to apply anything that is not considered quite rude in normal situations. 

"First of all  I will remind you that  Valentine's apparent supergear's abilities are sealed, and thereby he cannot access them. This includes any super flashy physics they might possess.

Secondly I will remind you that Valentine's apparent superhuman abilities are sealed, and thereby he cannot access them. As I stated prior repeatedly he has the basics of agility and little else; this means he cannot reach the superhuman speeds or pounces you wrote for him in your wall of text."

Yeah, didn't use any of the abilities. It's a sword, figured it could cut beeswax. Didn't think my description crossed into superhuman territory, I assumed a level 1 character could still be a physically fit adult with the full memory of their training in swordsmanship and fencing. It's also why I didn't make any actually attack/flee as soon as I was lured into a clearing for a potential ambush and handed a black sack to put over my head, tried to create a distraction to create some distance. 

"Thirdly, you altered the conditions moving the pair apparently under a tree when no such was apparent. Additionally you made certain the beehive, of which no mention was made previously, was in the perfect height for a 6-foot man to reach and somehow apparently slice…and then proceeded to make a wall of text that essentially railroads a thousand things. Please do not do this: do not railroad with walls of text, do not radically alter the environment without talking with others."

As for altering the conditions, these were the conditions described in her post: "..a small glade", "silently waiting for something. She idly smokes while life seems to pass a bit" with no description of what the glade looked like, what it contained or where we were standing whether that be the edge or the center of the glade or even if we were standing on dirt or grass. She didn't mention how much time passed either, giving me a window to do exactly what I did with the post. If she didn't specify where her character or mine was standing once we did come to a halt leaving it up to me to specify where MY character came to stand... She is the one who "...hound turns and holds a black sack up..." implying that her character was standing close enough to mine that she could hold a sack out to mine while simultaneously neglecting to mention where that was or what was around us/under us/beside us. I could not have justified kicking dirt in/at her face if she had've say described us standing on say a concrete sidewalk or hardwood floor inside of a house.

That "wall of text" would've been considered about normal for an average length post by mediocre RPer back in the day. I assumed because there was so little actual detail to write my post based off of that it'd be just another generic glade(minus whoever is waiting in the trees) possibly containing anything you'd find in one and expanded upon the description to facilitate a distraction I could use to avoid being bagged. In fact, it was nothing near what I would've written up for an actual attack had I had a fully powered character AND fully powered equipment. The only way to land a hit where I RPed was by painting people into corners using logic, it was god-modding to even describe a character doing something differently to what they typed unless what they typed was different from what they intended convey their character doing.

I even looked up pictures of Ponyville from the air to be sure I could be justified putting a river where I did.

"Finally, you claim several things but in turn Valentine, a person who just discovered his abilities as well as gear suddenly powereless, not only went full ADHD rapidfiring questions without a pause for more than two posts and then finally in your post decided to attack someone geared for serious things rather than try to ask anything, mind his manners, ask in a good-mannered fashion or at least try to apply anything that is not considered quite rude in normal situations."

Yeah.. My character doesn't even know WHY he is in Ponyville, he can't remember leaving so he doesn't know if he is there by accident or if he there with some sort of agenda. Being depowered would also probably mess with his mind as entire chunks of his personality depend on things that may or may not function here because of either the laws of physics being different or his magical abilities not being present. Then while he's still half-dazed from literally moving his body and mind between universes... He comes across someone heavily armed that barely looks like what he'd recognize as being a person(experience wise) who leads him to a clearing and tries to intimidate him into becoming her prisoner without an explanation... His natural instinct was to flee, she had a gun and he needed a distraction to escape. 

Feel free to let her kill me if you like, I can alter or remove my post if that is what you want also. I knew entering this RP the way I did would probably end up with one of you guys assuming I was there for trouble and killing him to preserve the "utopia" that is Equestria.

I figured finding a bee hive or a wasp's nest in a forest clearing and describing where my character came to a stop(because she didn't) would be okay, there wasn't any details about the glade to go off.  I assumed as long as I didn't describe anything that wouldn't logically be found in area like that my post would be okay, it's not like I found an MG42 in that tree. I did the same thing in an earlier post when I made sure that the sun was behind Knife when I approached her so I could shine her in the face if she reached for her gun and pull my sword on her. I wouldn't have bothered describing sunlight on the hilt of my sword otherwise, I also kept my character's feet in a sword fighting stance in both of my posts upon encountering her with my hands near my weapon in case I needed to parry a blow or fight back if she attacked..

I will apologize now and offer to withdraw my post if my explanation doesn't help clear things up and I've permanently damaged my reputation with your RP group with my ignorance of how you do things around here. I saw some gaps in her post and filled them because I was never informed it would be breaking the rules to fill in gaps left by another player if those fill-ins were logical; eg: You could find anything that would occur naturally in the area like say grass, rocks, trees, bees or birds. If we were in a bar I might've say grabbed a beer-stein off of a nearby table or a knife from the cocktail station behind the bar.

Meds

Aug 27, 2015
I am not in the mood for a debate. It is not going to each the conclusion I am going for and your tone told me as much already.

Edit the post please. Remove that beehive thing and actually try to have your character ask what the feck is about rather then presume, presume and then spring off.

No walls of text please. We do not need them as we usually seek to resolve conflict by words. Knife is applying a method that he had to resort to in every visitor into TiE so...just try words please.

No, you do not need to leave but please understand massive wall of text like that is...difficult to read, bother with and has a lot of things that can interrupt it thereby rendering it moot.

(I shall offer an example. A Hardass Griffon Person, [Human in Griffon form] thought he might posture for a large wall of text. Said text contained a single bit at the forefront that was interrupted, twisted and the post rendered moot.)

I shall repeat myself again: No, you do not need to leave. Valentine is making himself neither friends nor favors with his behavior so be aware of this please. How he grows or develops from it is for him to decide but please be aware that dependency on something such as his powers in singular thing is...well it is not the best thing ever but we do hope he will grow out of that unflattering funk.

Furthermore, we do not need require you to amass things like combat postures post by post or tactical advantages like that several posts prior. You do not need to do so.

Spritely

Sep 23, 2015
I am not in the mood for a debate. It is not going to each the conclusion I am going for and your tone told me as much already.

Edit the post please. Remove that beehive thing and actually try to have your character ask what the feck is about rather then presume, presume and then spring off.

No walls of text please. We do not need them as we usually seek to resolve conflict by words. Knife is applying a method that he had to resort to in every visitor into TiE so...just try words please.

No, you do not need to leave but please understand massive wall of text like that is...difficult to read, bother with and has a lot of things that can interrupt it thereby rendering it moot.

(I shall offer an example. A Hardass Griffon Person, [Human in Griffon form] thought he might posture for a large wall of text. Said text contained a single bit at the forefront that was interrupted, twisted and the post rendered moot.)

I shall repeat myself again: No, you do not need to leave. Valentine is making himself neither friends nor favors with his behavior so be aware of this please. How he grows or develops from it is for him to decide but please be aware that dependency on something such as his powers in singular thing is...well it is not the best thing ever but we do hope he will grow out of that unflattering funk.

Furthermore, we do not need require you to amass things like combat postures post by post or tactical advantages like that several posts prior. You do not need to do so.

Not here to debate, there isn't any point debating RP GMs/DMs. 

I didn't realize my post was unreasonably large when I posted, I haven't RPed on forum since 2009 and that would've been average post length for me. The RP style here is a lot different to than what I was used to so I'm still trying to learn so I can fit in. My character reacted the way he did because he's seen a lot of bad things happen(murder, ethnic cleansing, interstellar wars), wonder how you'd react if you were lost and dazed(think temporary minor dementia/amnesia) IRL, saw a wolf-morph for the first time(armed better than some soldiers) and got lured into a clearing and told to put a bag on your head? You noticed my character's erratic speech(you described it as ADHD). 

I will really try to pare everything I write down to the bone for this RP if that is what you mean by the wall of text comment. It wasn't uncommon to see a three page(A4, size 12 font) counter attack where I am from... Just describing up to say 30 seconds of actual in-RP time passing when someone has got say a multi-vectored trap springing along with their reaction to the previous post plus their own actions to describe in a battle containing betwen two and seventy(extremely rare) participants(not all could be actively attacking/defending) all acting and reacting to each other at the same time. >.>

I know what you're saying about the Hardass Griffon Person, I could've simply described my character sprinting off into the woods as soon as Knife entered the glade as he didn't specify how close we were as we walked. Knife stood their smoking before he turned to Valentine him the sack whereas I had never actually described my character entering the glade after he began following him to wherever they were supposed to go. 

Please don't ascribe any emotional intent to my posts in this OOC thread... I'm not intending to come across as hostile or rude, I'm just trying to make an effort to communicate as clearly as possible. My only intent is to have fun RPing, not here to prove a point or put any one down. I'm still very new to this board and I DON'T know how things go around here. The lighter side of my character revolves around fairy-tale like adventures so even if I'm not exactly in the RP for Ponyville itself, it facilitates getting a talking mount who I can go fight dragons with or go rescue to the princess held in the sky castle only accessible by flying pony or any other number of random Disney-style fairy-tale type quests. 

Edit: Should I remove the bee hive entirely or just not cut it down? Would it be better if I removed my post and wrote a fresh one? I didn't want to have a discussion that could end badly for my character with a bag on his head, completely at the mercy of someone he doesn't know without out least some sort of token effort to resist being taken or talk the person down without something solid between Valentine's head and Knife's gun.