Your Gripes With CoC2

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
Right above the center of your Dreams
When Crab says a "second" character, it's not a DIFFERENT character, necessarily, a la DJ&H, but talking about the amount of work that goes into writing those different scenes. Scope creep is still an issue. The reason SLP is a good example is because of the limited number of characters in question--and that, alone, has something like 20 different endings?

No argument that it's an extremely fun and rewarding mechanic. It's just out of scope for most NPCs, much less the PC, due to the size of COC2. There are some NPCs who will get corrupted content, though; it's definitely an interest of some writers, it's just not in the cards that it'll be more than a few.

Oh, that makes sense. Well that'd have to come down to curbing runaway creativity and sticking to what you can handle and not what you feel can do.
StP is was real treat, can't wait for Scarlet Hollow writers to finish up their Scooby-Do.

Reactions: teawolf

Zavos

May 7, 2016
The divergence between "pure" and "corrupt" versions are largely up to the writer. Though, make no mistake, even a single extra facet to a character is a pretty large ask, and could quite easily be an effectively different, unique npc. Particularly an extra facet like "post-corruption"

Reactions: Alliebutt

Pezantri

Aug 28, 2023
Honestly, I kind of wish that they'd just stop adding equipment sets entirely, it mostly just highlights how lopsided companion content has always been.

Karakara

Feb 15, 2024
Instead of looking it that way, I think better way of conceptulize it is "More content for Quin/Atugia/Viv/Agni please". I am not going to complain about more options for players to run their favorite companions regardless of their builds.

Last edited:

Pezantri

Aug 28, 2023
Been there, done that. It's reasonable for Cait to have more sets than Viviane for example, given that Cait is the first recruitable character. But Viv was also added in November of 2022, and has 1 set to Cait's now 6. It's well past the point of being reasonable.
Instead of looking it that way, I think better way of conceptulize it is "More content for Quin/Atugia/Viv/Agni please". I am not going to complain about more options for players to run their favorite companions regardless of their builds.

MagicGal

Aug 15, 2023
Right above the center of your Dreams
Would really like to see more comradery scenes; them having beef with each other, rivalries (I initially liked the fact that Cait and Quinn didn't get along and wanted to see where they progress from there) and one-ups manships, teasing, bonding moments.
I think we all know some where the Writers can pull inspiration from, off the top off the dome; Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Persona (3&4), BG3.

Loveless

May 29, 2022
Why are there no Water Spells, Savin? You are forcing me to flavour Acid Flask as a water jet and Wide Sweep as vapour, I can't keep going like this.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Water spells also sound like they could fit well into a "storm" themed character, since with the storm comes rain and flooding. And if that were to happen I would want even more for Crackle Powder to have the "ranged" tag restriction removed.

Ace Hangman

Sep 16, 2021
Cuz nobody ever said "Hey, I have a great idea: let's add hydromancy!"
Likely because it invariably leads to someone suggesting a 'Golden Shower' spell (just the name, not the act – which isn't allowed), and pulling off the joke so poorly it turns everyone off.

That said... an Electrum Shower spell, once per encounter, that cost the party 100 EC when used and caused molten drops of electrum rain to pour down and burn your opponents alongside some other debuff effect might be workable...

Reactions: Kesil and Zeus101

Loveless

May 29, 2022
That said... an Electrum Shower spell, once per encounter, that cost the party 100 EC when used and caused molten drops of electrum rain to pour down and burn your opponents alongside some other debuff effect might be workable...
I need a new Ultimate ability that spends Electrum to use a random effect to fuel my gambling addiction.

• Haha
Reactions: Gabranth and Kesil

Shartinlord

Apr 28, 2024
Would really like to see more comradery scenes; them having beef with each other, rivalries (I initially liked the fact that Cait and Quinn didn't get along and wanted to see where they progress from there) and one-ups manships, teasing, bonding moments.
I think we all know some where the Writers can pull inspiration from, off the top off the dome; Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Persona (3&4), BG3.
Yeah having them interacting with each other on random occasions would be nice but it'd probably be hellish to code in. You'd have to account for oh so many stuff and the game got like almost a dozen companions already. I guess something like Kotor's way of handling it with the pc being the one who sets up the scenes rather than on random could work but it just makes it seems like the world revolves around the Champion, which i guess it is lol