Theory: Lady Evergreen is a clone

JwDwZ

Nov 2, 2020
This may have been brought up in the past, I don't know. I was going through the conversations of Evergreen, Meira and Senja and they started talking about the full tanuki daughters being the potential successors of Lady Evergreen. I noticed some things that were worth mentioning:
1. All the full tanuki girls are practically identical both in terms of personality and physically.
2. They don't seem to have their own names, they all may actually have the same name of Oxana.
3. Evergreen is part of a lineage passing on the same attributes to their daughters of talent with magic.
4. All of the full tanuki's are extremely dumb, to the point that they are struggle to cast basic magic.
5. Lady Evergreen dotes on them despite the fact that they have no talent, whilst ignoring her naturally talented half children whom she could convert to full tanukis through magic.

Other things to bring up:
1. Where the fuck are other Tanuki's to make full Tanuki's coming from? From what I understand, they're a race from the Old Country. The peoples that are from the Old Country that reside in the region are pretty xenophobic and don't interact that much the local peoples and we see no tanukis. Not to say there aren't any and we just don't see them, there just doesn't seem to be a lot of them beyond the Evergreen clan.
2. Talking to Komari, she regards Evergreen (the one we talk) to as the same entity as centuries prior who tried to poison her and who has been feuding with Carmen (who we all know is a vampire) for centuries as well. Both Carmen and Evergreen used to be students under Komari who were expelled.
3. We know that she can manipulate her and her children's bodies, potentially allowing her to make clones. Though she may not be able to cease aging completely and this may be the reason she requires clones.

Thus I propose this: Lady Evergreen is a lineage of clones that has had the same mind passed generation to generation, allowing her to maintain an immortal life despite lacking the innate power of immortality. The full tanuki are created through the manipulation of her infants in order for her to retain her looks or required to pass on her soul/mind. Pretty crazy I know but this might actually make some sense to someone.

Necros

Nov 23, 2020
I think "leading theory" was Evergreen is bodyhopping/taking over daughters when she get too old. That's why she keeps full tanuki daughters and sends away halfbreeds

JwDwZ

Nov 2, 2020
I think "leading theory" was Evergreen is bodyhopping/taking over daughters when she get too old. That's why she keeps full tanuki daughters and sends away halfbreeds
So it had been thought up before. It was just so obvious and I couldn't find any threads talking about it so I thought I would bring it up

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
As a side note, of course, if your send Matiha to Evergreen
it's confirmed that the full tanuki "daughters" aren't Oxana's children at all

Reactions: Zycat56

JwDwZ

Nov 2, 2020
As a side note, of course, if your send Matiha to Evergreen
it's confirmed that the full tanuki "daughters" aren't Oxana's children at all
So are they some kind of homunculus/clone or something?

Bluebird42

Jan 5, 2021
So are they some kind of homunculus/clone or something?
They are former adventurers/others that have been forcefully bimbofied and transformed into tankuis that act as back-up bodies for Evergreen to extend her life with.

JwDwZ

Nov 2, 2020
They are former adventurers/others that have been forcefully bimbofied and transformed into tankuis that act as back-up bodies for Evergreen to extend her life with.
Can that also be found in that text in Matiha to Evergreen? Completely missed that bit of dialogue. Wouldn't have this post otherwise.

Shrike675

Apr 8, 2021
It is not. The text for it just mentions the player seeing tanuki mathia and getting the distinct feeling they know her from somewhere, but can't quite figure out why and the matter gets dropped.