Looking for testers for RPG/strategy text-based game "Dominion of Darkness".

Adeptus

Oct 13, 2023
Dominion of Darkness is a strategy/RPG text game in which the player takes on the role of a Sauron-style Lord of Darkness with the goal of conquering the world. He will carry out his plans by making various decisions. He will build his army and send it into battles, weave intrigues and deceptions, create secret spy networks and sectarian cults, recruit agents and commanders, corrupt representatives of Free Peoples and sow discord among them, collect magical artifacts and perform sinister plots.

Here is the prototype (but I am searching for people to test new, extended and improved version): https://adeptus7.itch.io/dominion

In terms of lewd... There is no much of it, especially in prototype version. In the latest version (this which I one to test) there are options of taking consort for some types of playable characters and there are some very slightly lewd options. There are also some (still not very much) other lewd elements when You are playing Tempter/Temptress character.

I am looking for people eager to help with playtesting - especially fluent in English. You will play, send me Your opinion, information about possible bugs, some details about stats achieved during it.
If You are interested, please write comment here or just send me Your email on chat.

PS. If You don't believe that game exists and think that this is some scam, here are reviews of the prototype:
- Indie Sampler (video):

- Dad's Game Review (podcast): https://www.dadsgamereview.com/blog/

- [BOKC] BlancoKix (video):

Last edited:

Adeptus

Oct 13, 2023
OK so it is time for the promised update!

Some new things in this version are:
  • harpies and serpentmen are now reruitable for Tempter character,
  • new expedition to Witchlands, land once ruled by civilization older even than Your character,
  • new possible way to victory by discovery of ancient secrets and accomplishment of the magical Great Work, including new endings,
  • male Tempter and Warmonger can take a consort, which brings mechanical benefits and story elements,
  • choice of element your character specialize in. It has influence on spellcasting and unblocks some new events;
  • new ways for defeating enemy kingdoms, connected with profession of your character. Warmonger can initiate full-scale total ware between elves and dwarves, Destroyer of Life can start vampire apocalypse, Tyrant can summon hosts of angeldemons from Infernal Heaven and Temptress can seduce king Janos.

And of course many lesser changes, fixes and new events.

Some plans for the future:

- make elemental focus more significant by adding big questchains connected to it - e.g. as Water focused character You will be able to wake ancient sea leviathan and as Fire focused one, to create your own fiery "Mordor",

- add some new "final bosses" with which You will have to deal after conquering Free Peoples,

- add new special ending in which You go back in time to won first war (mentioned in prologue).

I am still looking for new testers!

Oh, BTW, I invite You to listen to:
or read: All Children of the Mother – short story "All Children of the Mother", short story featuring one of the characters You can meet and fight in "Dominion of Darkness". But beware of spoilers!

Happy New Year!