Kineticist Build Help

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Disclaimer: I haven't played a Kineticist to the endgame yet. Most of this is theory-crafting and stuff from the Kineticist thread. But nobody else is replying, so.
2: I'd take Thermal Sunder, myself. Better damage type and Disarm is borderline worthless. They have the same damage calculation.

3: Psituned Vitality is generally considered better, especially if you want to use powers. I could see a build that focuses on Evasion, though, especially with the +10 from Levitation.

4: Psychogenic Vim. In theory, Vitality Siphon is infinite sustain, but it's distinctly inferior as a means of restoring Energy. Somewhat more practical if you have a means of restoring Energy between fights (like Hand Milk) or are willing to carry and use Power Potions.

5: Gravity Flux can set up Geothermal Spike and Trip is guaranteed to negate turn from the target, if you don't KO them first.
This is a row I haven't thoroughly tested, so Entropy Waves might have some use cases I haven't realized.

6: I think Third Eye Aim. Especially if you're planning on using something that boosts Intelligence above normal Maximum. You get the full value of your weapons as Stat Sticks.
Telekinetic Warrior requires you to be unarmed to get any benefit, cannot hit Flying enemies from the Melee slot and requires you to increase Physique and/or Aim for maximum benefit. That said, if you want to use a weapon with Stun/Trip/Freeze Chance, you'll have to increase Physique/Aim anyway.

7: Debris Field. Vortex Brand is only potentially useful vs very evasive targets, and if you're not using powers.

8: Concussive Augmentation if you want to use basic/weapon attacks.
Geothermal Spike if you took Gravity Flux. Or you could use the Hookstaff to set up Geothermal Spike.

9: Entropic Whip has a better chance of Freezing than Entropy Leech. It can also Crit for Deep Impact.
Acid Cloud gives you a different damage type. (Immobilized = Stun & Paralyze). Up to you.

10: Last time it was tested, Deep Impact had an interesting interaction with Force Darts. Each Dart Crit would increase the Stun duration, so you could potentially Stunlock for a long time. Auto-Crits from Geothermal Spike and Acid Cloud don't proc the Stun.
Mind Crush can detonate Deep Freeze.

11: Haste, if you want to be making weapon/basic attacks. Reality Schism may or may not be worth it if you're using powers, though.

12: Probably Gravity Crush. Enemies meant to be tougher are usually bigger. Can detonate Deep Freeze, unlike Psychic Slam.
If you want to mostly use Powers, you should probably go for the highest +Evasion.
Crushing lets you hit a Frozen target for double damage (and can Crit for even more). Entropy Leech and Entropic Whip can inflict Deep Freeze.
Staffs give you +Level Kinetic damage, so they do more than it might seem from the stat screen. They're also all Crushing.
Sleet Shaft is definitely good, especially with Haste. Needs Physique for Deep Freeze.
Hookstaff is good if you want to do Geothermal Spike a lot. Likewise needs Physique.
Xukwood Staff is good if you want to cheese Deep Impact. Does not require Physique.
Witch's Robe has +10 Bonus Crit. Bonus Crit from weapons does not apply to powers, but Clothing/Accessories does.
Otherwise, Psychic Armor means you're better off prioritizing Evasion/Shields over native Defense.
Kineticist doesn't play entirely nicely with bimbos.
Concussive Augmentation, Debris Field and Entropy Waves use Willpower, not the psiWillpower function.
Third Eye Aim uses Intelligence, not bimboIntelligence.

Last edited:
Reactions: PalletTown