Green Butt Bug using Biege variant mechanics

Nivaeli

Jul 14, 2021
So I've noticed this for quite some time now, and never said anything cause I figured it'd be noticed by someone by now. Long story short, the Green variant of the Butt Bug/Hilinara Parasite doesn't use the proper mechanics. The codex entry states that it will "continuously lays full-sized eggs", and that it will continue to do so until fertilized. To my knowledge and understanding (and from how it used to work before the javascript rewrite), it is not supposed to force the player to lay the unfertilized clutches, and only lay fertilized ones.

TL: DR: Green Hilinara lays unfertilized eggs from player before fertilization, like the Biege Hilinara.
Perhaps the mechanics simply changed and this is intended, but if not then I would like to see a return to the whole "grow gravid with as many eggs as you want" thing the green variant has going for it. I've attached my save file and a screenshot.

Attachments

• 1714331338377.png
    1714331338377.png
    629.4 KB · Views: 2
  • Rosalyn (F) - 17Hrs 8Mins, 409 Days - Ova’LEK, Ingnam.json
    688.6 KB · Views: 3

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
Hopefully fixed for the next release.

It seems that at some point the cycle was set to flip off when its timer ran out, which was incorrect. It's only supposed to turn off if it detects that the eggs have been fertilized. This should now be corrected to fix the cycle flagging. As for any current pregnancies (as in your case), at the end of the pregnancy, if the cycling is set off, it will double check if the eggs are indeed fertilized. If not fertilized, the pregnancy should properly reset the cycling flag and should hopefully no longer end when it wasn't supposed to (unless the cycling status was somehow removed, then it will expel the eggs, as intended).

Reactions: Nivaeli