DNA Resequencing, also full Vanae TF

Nidias

Apr 22, 2022
My primary idea was to have a service that allows you to resequence your DNA to match your current race or appearance. This would change your natural race, essentially, and the genes that you pass along to offspring. I'll admit that I don't know how hardcoded the Steele offspring options are, but if it's modular like descriptions and scenes, it shouldn't be too bad, I think.

Some points to consider:

I think it should be rare and expensive

It should probably be limited to a couple of uses or even a one time thing, considering the strain that it would place on your biology

It should probably cause a very large amount of taint, because gods only knows what chemicals go into rearranging your DNA like that

I would think that it would be a large on planet machine/chamber rather than a ship installation or a consumable

Maybe they also provide a still fairly expensive service to restore you to your genetic baseline (original or resequenced respectively) if your mods get out of hand, excluding one way transformations

Ok, so second point. I like being Vanae for my current playthrough, however I've found that there's no way to get the vanae hands and feet or their tentacle skirt. I can understand why the tentacle skirt might be hard to work with for Steele. I would like to see the vanae appendages added to the transformative, or an upgraded tf that can do that. If the skirt is doable too, that's great (maybe it could be handled in the wing slot for adding and removing, or be a tag added to skin or tail).

I do understand that Steele isn't necessarily meant to take on the entire natural look of all the other races. However, some can get really really close, and the full races of the available half race options for Steele are pretty achievable. Not to mention that some unnatural races can be achieved in their entirety with no other features leftover. It'd be awesome to at least be uncertain if I modded to be vanae, or if I'm a vanae with a minor mod.

XBoxMaster131

Oct 18, 2016
My primary idea was to have a service that allows you to resequence your DNA to match your current race or appearance. This would change your natural race, essentially, and the genes that you pass along to offspring. I'll admit that I don't know how hardcoded the Steele offspring options are, but if it's modular like descriptions and scenes, it shouldn't be too bad, I think.

Some points to consider:

I think it should be rare and expensive

It should probably be limited to a couple of uses or even a one time thing, considering the strain that it would place on your biology

It should probably cause a very large amount of taint, because gods only knows what chemicals go into rearranging your DNA like that

I would think that it would be a large on planet machine/chamber rather than a ship installation or a consumable

Maybe they also provide a still fairly expensive service to restore you to your genetic baseline (original or resequenced respectively) if your mods get out of hand, excluding one way transformations

Ok, so second point. I like being Vanae for my current playthrough, however I've found that there's no way to get the vanae hands and feet or their tentacle skirt. I can understand why the tentacle skirt might be hard to work with for Steele. I would like to see the vanae appendages added to the transformative, or an upgraded tf that can do that. If the skirt is doable too, that's great (maybe it could be handled in the wing slot for adding and removing, or be a tag added to skin or tail).

I do understand that Steele isn't necessarily meant to take on the entire natural look of all the other races. However, some can get really really close, and the full races of the available half race options for Steele are pretty achievable. Not to mention that some unnatural races can be achieved in their entirety with no other features leftover. It'd be awesome to at least be uncertain if I modded to be vanae, or if I'm a vanae with a minor mod.
I hate to be "that guy", but read the pinned threads.

Nidias

Apr 22, 2022
I hate to be "that guy", but read the pinned threads.
I reread them, I missed the comment with the link to the "what do you want added" thread the first time. I'll go drop my idea in there, since it's mostly mechanical with a vague idea for "content" around it. And I'm no programmer.