Zil Call Girl question.

Primename

Dec 5, 2015
How will you know if she is pregnant/gregnant or not? I'm worried that I'll miss that scene if I leave her alone for too long. Will there be an email? Some type of notification? I'm just being paranoid right now.

Or is the pregnancy thing not in yet?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Pregnancy is in. Like real life, it takes a long time to proc.

So long that you don't need to be worried. At all. Check back with her in a month or two after fucking her a bunch. She has a nine-month pregnancy.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Since she's also one of insect races shouldn't she have a slight shorted one pregnancy?

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Zil are hardly the most compliant with all the insect race traits.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
But then we got "only" 3-4 month long ant pregnancy and then...we jump to 9 months for bee. I still feel quite confused why aside reason that their set it that way cuz their devs and can get away with ANYTHING since peple would love it anyway...

Number13

Aug 26, 2015
Does that mean that Zheniya will only work at the nursery around the time she is about to give birth? Been wondering that myself.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Why would a wasp/bee have a 9 month pregnancy? Seems way too convergent with human pregnancy time, I mean 8 months would work just as well for a long time and wouldn't give off a weird sense of being like human pregnancy.

Reactions: argenten

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Savin really hates pregnancy, so after being forced/blackmailed into writing the Nursery, he wanted to lock at least some of the content behind really long wait times. He also originally wanted to make it so you actually had to keep clicking Rest/Sleep to advance pregnancy time, rather than just "wait until".

I also heard he was the one releasing private builds, thus forcing the source back into privacy, and preventing anyone from procreating more than allowed by their own compilations.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
Savin really hates pregnancy, so after being forced/blackmailed into writing the Nursery, he wanted to lock at least some of the content behind really long wait times. He also originally wanted to make it so you actually had to keep clicking Rest/Sleep to advance pregnancy time, rather than just "wait until".

I also heard he was the one releasing private builds, thus forcing the source back into privacy, and preventing anyone from procreating more than allowed by their own compilations.
Intriguing... I hope that hat of yours has some solid tin-foil covering on the inside, Captain. The powers that be won't leave such a daring truth seeker on the loose. And since the Analmander is involved, better invest in some extra-protection pants.

Last edited:

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
It was a combination of my shitposting and people's outrage at Savin's anti-pregnancy agenda that overstressed him and drove him to contracting the plague.

Last edited:

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well all oldies know what Savin can do when pressed too hard against wall over some matters. But that would be slight to grimdark if Savin would fake his ilness to spand more time on secretly been the person that was making those up to single new change on github builds released without control of Fen or Gedan. So let trust Savin is innocent till any proof of his guilty will be found ^^

Still this one bothers me @Savin why Zil girl preg is 9 months when other possible to knock up insect-like race got only 4 months long pregnancy? Or it wasn't you who made decision on this and some of here unfair suspects you to be behind the scene reason for this 9 months?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Zil normally have many-months long pregnancies; half-zil are longer, I guess.

(I'm also not sure if it's actually 9 months or if it's just really, really long; I couldn't find it specified in the docs so I assume Ged-chan slammed in some numbers around there.)

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Last I knew pure zil is 6-7, Misty's hybrids she'd calculated at around 8, 9 for the callgirl is believable since most human pregnancies reach close if not over 10 months

Last edited:

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Zil normally have many-months long pregnancies; half-zil are longer, I guess.

(I'm also not sure if it's actually 9 months or if it's just really, really long; I couldn't find it specified in the docs so I assume Ged-chan slammed in some numbers around there.)

Well I checked and after getting knocked up by something that takes 4-5 months and using the skip button at the nursery, I went to check up on Zheniya and she had already given birth. So I'd guess her birth process takes 4-5 months.

So I think she doesn't actually take 9 months, would check the wiki but that's down so yeah, plus with the GitHub now private I can't check that either.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Oh well so much of dreams to fast getting cute lil zil children to fill nursery ^^

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Longer pregnancies are correlated with size and intelligence of offspring. As well as life expectancy, and their "state" at birth. Like how humans are useless for the first few years.

EmperorG

Sep 6, 2015
Longer pregnancies are correlated with size and intelligence of offspring. As well as life expectancy, and their "state" at birth. Like how humans are useless for the first few years.

Except for the Crab Babies, who take 2 months or so to give birth to them and they pretty much instantly grow up, but that's more an exception that proves the rule.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Oh I meant in real life. TiTS is weird. Authors and readers alike enjoy both realism and convenient handwaving.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well in TiTS it's really up to author of each pregnancy momental whims and then coder fantasy of 'creatively' reading notes how long preg should be set up ^^

Last edited:

Darkpheonix

Aug 27, 2015
At least you can access her she's disappeared for me for over a year

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Lemme bring up the discrepancy many are overlooking. Both Myrellion and Mhen'ga have insect-like lifeforms, yes, but they are also different planets light years apart with vastly different ecosystems. Just because life on Myrellion is based on fast individual and population growth (beside the Reds, as far as we know) doesn't mean Mhen'gan Zil share any of these traits. We're also dealing with fictional aliens based loosely on Earth animals, real life biology takes a back seat except when dealing with actual Earthlings.

Reactions: Nik_van_Rijn

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
I think the dev team just wanted pregnancies to be longer than CoC's.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
@Karretch Welp then it was probably Jim that specified in his gdoc to make Red Myr Briha preg last much shorter that lore meantioning it.

Nik_van_Rijn

Sep 10, 2015
Moscow, RF
@Karretch Welp then it was probably Jim that specified in his gdoc to make Red Myr Briha preg last much shorter that lore meantioning it.
Might have something to do with the circumstances of that pregnancy. Ant World War planet isn't the nicest place to hang around and it's no hub-location like Tavros. So Jim didn't expect players to hang around for very long past it not being end of the current content, or to have many players come back. If Briha's pregnancy were similar to Zheniya's chances are the player would have missed it entirely. Plus, IIRC the plans for recruiting Briha that Jim had were tied to the end for her pregnancy.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
And now we would possible never get it as noone feel their can pick up Jim mantle and stay sane :/

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Briha could be an oddity, no where has it been stated how long a Red term is supposed to last. One would assume that they'd be similar to Golds, but it's been insinuated that Reds are the way they are because of interbreeding with nyrea which have the shortest on the planet we know of. Combining these facts you'd not be wrong to assume that Reds would have super short carry terms, but we just don't have the info.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Well of devs Savin is closer to Red side when Fen to Gold side so maybe the one who is fan of Reds may add some input. Plus he do seems be responsible for Nyrea for most part so even more reasons he may voice his stance on this case.