Zheng Shi Station Elevator.

sexydragonqueen

Apr 27, 2018
I haven't played this game in so long and can't seem to find out how to get the elevator working without leaving the planet. If it has to do with putting the spacesuit together, is it not possible to progress at all if you decide not to put it together? if so then that's a major roadblock for players if you just decide not to which I think is pretty disappointing :/

Reactions: ChromaTaphore

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
You don't have to beat up mothra to get to the upper floors. Just get the slave outfit and sneak in as a slave.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Anyway, any airtight armor works just as good.
Unless I'm missing something, the Atma Armor doesn't.
Doing some quick tests indicates only the Pirate Spacesuit will do. None of the others allow you to Spacewalk. In fact, the tooltip changes depending on if you have an Airtight armor equipped or not. If you do, the tooltip says you need a spacesuit with magnetic boots as the reason your current armor isn't sufficient.

Funnily enough, the Fall of The Phoenix scenario establishes that you already have EVA gear with magnetic boots. Only during 'cutscenes', apparently.
Fall of The Phoenix said:
You abandon the bridge, hiking down to the armory and load up your kit and a grappling gun before suiting up for E.V.A.... you swing into the devastated compartment and activate your mag-boots with a satisfying electronic beep.

sexydragonqueen

Apr 27, 2018
Unless I'm missing something, the Atma Armor doesn't.
Doing some quick tests indicates only the Pirate Spacesuit will do. None of the others allow you to Spacewalk. In fact, the tooltip changes depending on if you have an Airtight armor equipped or not. If you do, the tooltip says you need a spacesuit with magnetic boots as the reason your current armor isn't sufficient.

Funnily enough, the Fall of The Phoenix scenario establishes that you already have EVA gear with magnetic boots. Only during 'cutscenes', apparently.
I had the option to put the suit together but discarded both pieces, is it just a dead end for me then?

Damiekinz

Aug 1, 2017
I had the option to put the suit together but discarded both pieces, is it just a dead end for me then?
I'm sorry, you deleted both the slave outfit AND the spacesuit?

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
I'm pretty sure you'll have to resort to the Save Editor if you got rid of the Slave Uniform and the Pirate Spacesuit.

Damiekinz

Aug 1, 2017
I'm pretty sure you'll have to resort to the Save Editor if you got rid of the Slave Uniform and the Pirate Spacesuit.
Yeah. Or load an earlier save, or something of that sort. Sorry.

Thebiologist

Jun 24, 2017
Apparently it only works with the complete spacesuit, odd.

if(flags["ZHENG_SPACEWALKED"] == undefined && flags["ZHENG_SHI_SLAVE_SNUCK"] == undefined)
{
if(pc.hasAirtightSuit() && !(pc.armor is SpacesuitComplete))
{
output("\n\nWhile your current choice of armor is airtight, without magnetic boots or thrusters, you’ll be helpless in the void.");
addDisabledButton(0,"Spacewalk","Spacewalk","Bad idea.");
}
else if(pc.armor is SpacesuitComplete)
{
output("\n\n<b>You’re all ready to go for a spacewalk!</b>");
addButton(0,"Spacewalk",spacewalkGoooo,undefined,"Spacewalk","Take a walk on the surface of the asteroid.");
}
else
{
addDisabledButton(0,"Spacewalk","Spacewalk","Stepping into space without protection is a one-way ticket to a real quick death. You aren’t feeling particularly suicidal today.");
}
}

This might be an oversight, considering that, even if the Atma armor and goo armor lacks of magnetic boots and thrusters, there are several fully functional spacesuits. The jumper spacesuit, the Armstrong spacesuits and the ancient spacesuit.

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Lack of storage space, I'd guess.

This might be an oversight, considering that, even if the Atma armor and goo armor lacks of magnetic boots and thrusters, there are several fully functional spacesuits. The jumper spacesuit, the Armstrong spacesuits and the ancient spacesuit.
I don't know if the Ancient/Jumper/Armstrong have thrusters or magnetic boots either. What I find weird is that Saendra's distress call establishes that Steele has EVA gear - including magnetic boots. But only for that one scene, apparently. I imagine that was a safe bit if fluff text to introduce at the time.

Damiekinz

Aug 1, 2017

Violent_Peace

Sep 16, 2015
Just save edit @sexydragonqueen it will be easier than going through the and shenanigans as a slave or going off and fighting the moff for codes to an elevator that doesn't work.

I just suggest save editing the space suit and helmet and save time.

Would've been kinda easier if they just let you climb the shaft or beat up some guards and go a different path or hell just have the Dude nearby fix the elevator.