Zheng Shi Bar Idea

quiboune

Aug 19, 2018
Hi
This is referring to a new Bar, The Black Hole, which should be located in Zheng Shi

The Bar has a simple Respect system, which can be increased by defeating Pirates around the station or engaging in various activities(and succeeding, or else Respect falls even more)

If Respect reaches a high enough value, Steele will be invited to a mission with the pirates.
Succeeding will lock Respect in a high stage, allowing the PC to engage in the activities that would otherwise make it decrease without that happening(and even avoid some fights with pirates around Zheng Shi) and join the Pirates in other missions for some money and xp.
Refusing the invitation shouldn't have big consequences, but failing will give a huge hit to Respect, forcing the player to try building it up again.

If Respect is too low for too long, the PC will be offered a "Pirate Slut" route.
Going through it (gives a perk to Steele allowing them to skip fights by serving the attackers?) will lock Respect in a low value, and allow them to serve in huge Pirate gangbangs, for a lot of money and the chance of getting pregnant. Like a willing slave.
The player has, of course, the oportunity to avoid this route and go back to the normal encounters.

The player can do a few things inside the bar, most of them making Respect be raised or lowered. Some of these activities include:
Drinking games;
Challenging other characters to fight;
Arm wrestling;
Talking to certain NPCs;
Betting;
Anything else that anyone adds.

All of those have various conclusions, some of them quite short, but most of them sexual

I intend to write this on the next few days, but I might lose my drive on the way and end up taking a few weeks. This will be finished though
What do you think?

Last edited:

Crablord

Jan 18, 2016
can there also be a perk for having high respect?
also, more than just sex content would be nice, like cool pirate gear.

SoAndSo

Scientist
Creator
Mar 26, 2017
My two pence:

I don't think this fits with the current setup of the location. Not tonally but simply mechanically. Not only is Zheng Shi unfinished in pretty much every single way (including physical, interactable location) but it's not really designed to fit in 'a generic bar' because of the nature of the main quest: this entire place is essentially a massive labour camp in the ruined chunk of a destroyed planet. Having 'the usual bar' that every other planet has just doesn't gel.

The concepts you've laid out seem like a lot of work for both a first time project and just in general. Not only are you creating your own tile location with a lot of planned interactions, you'll have to write fleshed out missions with multiple NPC's (even generic faceless ones need some standard of content) that are likely to be the same ones who can get you pregnant. You'd also have to write out a pregnancy path and set of interactions because their really isn't a generic human pregnancy tool already.

On top of that, you'll need to set out how the 'busy work' activities are going to function and then write them out convincingly. The talking to NPC's bit: how many are you even planning? Are you aware of pirate gangs and how to write for them?

Various conclusions: short + sexual = no good. Smut game, they need to be quite decent in length to be worth it if you're going sexual.

Respect meter: barring the end result for the main quest, a Respect meter feels like a conflict if the bar has anyone other than the (quantifiable number of) NPC's you've laid out. With the end result of the main quest in mind, it doesn't make sense at all as you've essentially bypassed the point of it (where Steele becomes the biggest badass on the pirate planet and has auto-respect from everyone p much). Plus while they're not too hard to conceptualise for coders, filling 'meters' out with meaningful points and interactions is its own side challenge that you'd have to write.

I think the concepts you've set out are a bit too ambitious. To make it worthwhile, this content would be hitting the 40k word total mark at a minimum if absolutely everything is accounted for and you keep the prose relatively low in tailoring and detail. That's going to take you a long time and even then, this concept has a potential problem with being a 'bubble' outside of the main planet content where nobody in the game references it. That kind of content is less favoured.

I'd say put this idea to bed before you disappoint yourself.