WTF moment: Einar???

Nightguard

Aug 28, 2021
I was looking through the stats portion of my codex for shiggles (shits and giggles) and came upon an update (of sorts) in my pregnancy status. My second womb holds Mirrin's little ones but now, instead of it just saying "Mirrin" it says "Mirrin (Einar?)". I was wondering if Einar was related to me and Mirrin doing the whole "have kids with Mirrin by using Breeder's Bliss and Priapin at the same time" thing or if its something different?

Thanks in advance

Nightguard

Aug 28, 2021
It's one of the baby names Mirrin's thinking of. The other name she's thinking of is Torri; each name has a 25% chance of appearing whenever you look at it. She winds up going with Torri.
Ahh. Ok. That explains why it changed to Torri when I looked at my stats to check my pregnancy timer.
Uuuhhhh.... What happens if there's a third kid? I was trying out the editor and I have something (I think it's a perk but I can't remember; I'm too lazy to check the editor) that maximizes brood size/number of carried kids where possible and when Mirrin and I bred/mated/had sex I ended up with twins. Is the third kid gonna disappear or will it be like Aina's kids after Nina where it's One Child when I look at the Nursery computer? Will the third kiddo live with Mirrin as well?

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Ahh. Ok. That explains why it changed to Torri when I looked at my stats to check my pregnancy timer.
Uuuhhhh.... What happens if there's a third kid? I was trying out the editor and I have something (I think it's a perk but I can't remember; I'm too lazy to check the editor) that maximizes brood size/number of carried kids where possible and when Mirrin and I bred/mated/had sex I ended up with twins. Is the third kid gonna disappear or will it be like Aina's kids after Nina where it's One Child when I look at the Nursery computer? Will the third kiddo live with Mirrin as well?
Broodmother isn't actually in the game and you can pretty much guess So didn't account for it for the pregnancies.

TheShepard256

The pregnancy is only intended to produce one child. If I'm reading the code correctly, the Child Manager (the thing that determines what shows up on the Nursery's computer) should correctly only register one child; however, the Stat Tracking (the thing that determines what's shown in your Codex) will register however many children the game thinks you got pregnant with - and if you use the nursery to skip to the end of the pregnancy, the generic scene that follows will also use those same, unintended, numbers.

As for the Broodmother perk, that actually works by multiplying the 'max quantity' stat by whatever number's in the first value (default 2); and as null_blank said, it's currently unobtainable. Frostwyrm and gryvain pregnancies also don't account for the possibility of having this perk.

Nightguard

Aug 28, 2021
The pregnancy is only intended to produce one child. If I'm reading the code correctly, the Child Manager (the thing that determines what shows up on the Nursery's computer) should correctly only register one child; however, the Stat Tracking (the thing that determines what's shown in your Codex) will register however many children the game thinks you got pregnant with - and if you use the nursery to skip to the end of the pregnancy, the generic scene that follows will also use those same, unintended, numbers.

Broodmother isn't actually in the game and you can pretty much guess So didn't account for it for the pregnancies.
Ok, that makes sense! That's what I thought but wasn't 100% sure.

As for the Broodmother perk, that actually works by multiplying the 'max quantity' stat by whatever number's in the first value (default 2); and as null_blank said, it's currently unobtainable.
I know what does. lol I was just curious as to how Broodmother would work with prescripted kids like Mirrin's. I assumed the wiki was at least half accurate, but wanted to have clarification since both Mirrin and I are pregnant (at the same time).

Frostwyrm and gryvain pregnancies also don't account for the possibility of having this perk.
Gryvain, I knew didn't, but Frostwyrm I did not, so thanks for the heads up!