• Yes

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • No

Votes: 6 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Spawn-of-Yig

Jun 30, 2017
I'm just noticing that I have a lot of free time on my hands to write stuff like this... Anyway recently I've started feeling a little bored with fighting the same enemies over and over again, so I decided to create some new bosses to spice up the game a little bit. Also a new NPC, her name is Otrera and she is a Thraggen crocodile-morph. Never written a NPC so this is gonna be a new experience for me. I'll try to update regularly.

Otrera
Anacuntda
Ed
Audrey
Gene-Stealer
Diptera
V.I.R.U.S
B.U.9 Landship
Assassin Bug
Leviathan
The Being

11/27/17 Update: Added battle appearances to Anacuntda, Ed: The Mind, and Leviathan #682
11/29/17 Update: Added V.I.R.U.S's combat appearance and prepared for writing stats and attacks.
11/30/17 Update: Added Diptera's combat appearance and fixed the comment thing.
12/01/17 Update: Added the combat appearance of the Assassin Bug and the B.U.9 Landship.
12/02/17 Update: Added the Being's combat appearance.
12/04/17 Update: Added Audrey's combat appearance and got rid of the Catacrawler. (Couldn't think of anything interesting about her, she just would've been an extra large Ganrael Ambusher.)

12/05/17 Update: Finished the rough drafts of the combat appearance's and started writing the names of most attacks.
12/06/17 Update: I finished giving names to the attacks and wrote the what the attacks actually do for both V.I.R.U.S and Leviathan #682.
(P.S. If anyone can figure out what Leviathan #682 is based on I'll be rather impressed, though I suppose it isn't that hard to figure out.)
12/08/17 Update: Wrote the attack definitions for B.U.9, The Being, Gene-Stealer, and Audrey.
12/09/17 Update: Finished writing the attack definitions for the rest of the crew. Now to start working on the boss stats.
Never written NPC stats before so this is going to be a learning experience to me so if anyone has any advice, no matter how insignificant you might feel it is, please tell me. Thanks.
12/10/17 Update: Got a huge chunk of the stats written out. (Specifically the stats that I know that I need to write) As I stated yesterday if you guys have any advice about how to improve what I'm working on, be it tips on stats, grammatical advice, or just help in general, feel free to tell me. Tomorrow gonna see if there is things needed to be balanced and possibly start working on the attack text. I'll be saving writing Otrera for last do to the fact that I've never written a NPC before.
12/14/17 Update: Been working on the Attacks Doc for a little bit. Got "Heartburn" and "Make Some Friends" written out. Sorry I haven't been updating the Docs as often, been busy with work.
12/16/17 Update: Got the effects for the attacks written in the attack page and I finished writing the text for "Make Some Friends", "Toxic Love", and "Heartburn".
12/18/17 Update: "Voodoo Doll", "Earthen Wall", and "Halo of Knives" are written. Also yesterday I wrote "Venom Spray" and "Tetanus Terror".
12/19/17 Update: "Metamorphosis" and "Bioelectric Output" have been written.
12/20/17 Update: "Full Throttle" and "Internal Repairs" have been written.
12/29/17 Update: "Live Wire" is written. (P.S. Merry belated Christmas, sorry I haven't been updating recently. Been busy with the holidays and work.)

01/01/18 Update: Happy 2018, I wrote "Harbinger of Harpoon" in.
01/05/18 Update: "Venom Spray" and "Venom Dart" are written.
01/14/18 Update: Anacuntda's attacks are finished.
01/17/18 Update: "Crack the Whip" and "Pinprick" have been written.
(On a side note I've been thinking about deleting previous updates from this list to make some room. Don't know if I should though so if you like is ever growing list to remain the way it is please inform me in the thread.)
01/20/18 Update: B.U.9's attacks have been finished.
01/22/18 Update: The Being's attacks are all written.
01/26/18 Update: "Catastrophic Charcharodon" and "Charge!" have been written.
(Also created more Docs for what I need to work on next. I'll be working on the Encounters as soon as I finish the attack Doc.)
01/30/18 Update: Leviathan's attacks have been written.
01/31/18 Update: "Powerball" and "Tase" have been written.
02/02/18 Update: Both Ed's and the Gene-Stealer's attacks have been written.

02/05/18 Update: "Dive Bomb" and "Glutton" have been written.
02/06/18 Update: Diptera's attacks have been written.
02/07/18 Update: Finished Audrey's attacks and wrote in "Airstrike" and "Pesticide".
(Almost done with the attack page. All I really need to do is write in two more attacks for the Assassin Bug, do some fine tuning, and adding anything I forgot. After this I will be working on the encounters (and trying to finish that stat section on the Bosses Doc) so there's that for ya.)
02/08/18 Update: The Assassin Bug's attacks have been written.
02/10/18 Update: Forgotten to add what happens you if you're shielded, so I fixed it and now the attack Doc is complete. :)
02/13/18 Update: Decided to work on the boss stats a little bit while I try to figure out how to write the encounters and all that relate to said encounters. Also got started on writing the character stats for Otrera, all I got written down right now is the more combat focused stats but I'll start writing the appearance stats when I figure out what everything means.
02/16/18 Update: Started working on the encounter doc today, specifically the initial encounter with V.I.R.U.S.

02/21/18 Update: Worked more on the V.I.R.U.S encounter. It's mostly dialogue, and by dialogue I mean a war of insults between the PC and V.I.R.U.S that should be entertaining to read in my opinion. Been getting a bad case of writers block lately so I'm sorry if updates haven't been constant.
02/23/18 Update: Worked on the decision text for V.I.R.U.S. The initial decision text I might come back to work on later do to the fact that I feel it's a little bipolar in theme.
02/25/18 Update: Fixed the bipolar theme with V.I.R.U.S.
03/05/18 Update: Did some editing and finished the repeat encounter decision text.
03/06/18 Update: Added a paragraph to the initial encounter text.
03/08/18 - 03/10/18 Update: Finished the initial encounter text. Sorry it took so long, I've been getting easily distracted recently and I don't know why. Tomorrow I'll try to finish the V.I.R.U.S segment of the encounter Doc but today's by birthday and I'm going out to drink.
03/11/18 Update: Finished the repeat encounter text for V.I.R.U.S. Next I'll be working on Anacuntda.
03/16/18 Updated: Worked on Anacunda's initial decision text. Started a new writing process where I try not to overthink things and try to go with the flow, editing and rewriting things when I finally finish a Doc.
03/21/18 - 03/23/18 Update: Filled out the repeat decision text and repeat encounter text for Anacuntda. I'll be working on the Leviathan next.
04/03/18 Update: Decided to start writing some of Otrera's dialog, specifically hunting rumors.

04/15/18 Update: Finished the Anacuntda Hunting Rumor.
04/19/18 Update: Wrote Otrera's appearence, so now you know what she looks like.
05/02/18 Update: Leviathan's Hunting Rumor has been written.
05/15/18 Update: Assassin Bug's Hunting Rumor is written. Took way longer than I originally planned and I'm still not even halfway done with the project.
05/18/18 Update: Started working on V.I.R.U.S's Hunting Rumor. As of right now it's mostly just half thought out ideas and structuring, basically just a jumbled mess as of now. A good chunk of it should explain V.I.R.U.S's origin.
(P.S. I don't really have a clue what to call V.I.R.U.S before he became V.I.R.U.S so if anyone has any ideas just let me know.)
05/23/18 Update: added a little more to V.I.R.U.S's Hunting Rumor.
07/27/18 Update: Look who's back, back again. Arachnorocker's back, tell a friend. Sorry for being away for so long, my mind was starting to bake from writing this massive project of mine. Needed to clear my head and write something else for a little while. Sorry for the long wait, I'll get back to writing this while my mind recovers from trying to write the massive story I was working on while I was away. So without further ado- the update. I added a paragraph to V.I.R.U.S's hunting rumor and did a little editing. Wish I could do more but I have to go to work in about an hour and being the notoriously slow writer I am, I probably wouldn't get much done. (I got a problem with self-editing, so it can take me a good while to actually write something.)
08/01/18 Update: Pumped out two and a half massive paragraphs for V.I.R.U.S's hunting rumor. I'm gonna finish the thing tomorrow then move on to the Gene-Stealer's rumor.
08/02/18 Update: Finished V.I.R.U.S's hunting rumor and started on the Gene-Stealer's.
08/03/18 Update: Added about a large paragraph to the Gene-Stealer's rumor and started experimenting with a different way of writing. Always feel like I need to make entire blocks of text to get my point around, now I'm trying to write things in smaller groups.

MASSIVE NEWS: This project has joined together with another project made by XBoxMaster131 and Skom. https://forum.fenoxo.com/threads/interplanetary-bounty-board.17344/

07/14/19 Update: The "Herself" talk option has been written.
07/22/19 Update: The "Family Issues" talk option has been written. Fair warning, it's a bit dark.
08/02/19 Update: The "Hobbies" talk option has been written. Would've been done sooner but my internet cut off for a week, so that sucked.
08/19/19 Update: The "Mods" talk option has been written. Also I've currently been dog/cat/hamster sitting so if you were wondering why I was gone for so long, there's your answer.
08/26/19 Update: Added a few new sections relating to fighting and fucking Otrera.
09/18/19 Update: The "Fetishes" talk scene has been written and I've added another talk scene called "Morality" which digs into the fundamental nature of what it means to be human...
(J.K. It's about why Otrera is a bit of an asshole.)
10/03/19 Update: I've finished writing the PC's initial meeting with Otrera. Up next I'll try to work on writing the boss info for "The Being". My plans for him, sentient space parasite that channels themes of both "The Thing" and Lovecraft. (Also H
APPY SPOOKY MONTH)
10/09/19 Update: Got the Victory text, Turn In text, and Leave text for The Being all written. I also have the sex scenes listed now.
11/13/19 Update: Got some of the attacks jotted down. Sorry for the lack of updates for October, I got caught up writing something else in the spirit of Halloween. I should have all of The Being's attacks written by the end of the month if my schedule allows.
11/20/19 Update: Got two more attack descriptions done.
11/26/19 Update: Got some work on the Cure text written out.

12/31/19 Update: Finished writing all of The Being's attacks. (Happy New Year everyone)
01/31/20 Update: Finished the Cure scene and The Being's description.
02/27/20 Update: Finished writing the Sex scene introduction and the initial encounter.

Last edited:

Spawn-of-Yig

Jun 30, 2017
Gonna split the bad ends, sex scenes, and both TFs into a different document so I won't make the Doc go on forever. It'll also give me more space to work with.

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
Gonna split the bad ends, sex scenes, and both TFs into a different document so I won't make the Doc go on forever. It'll also give me more space to work with.

It looks promising, but brace yourself for the incoming hate of forced TFs.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Nah null_blank, I'm pretty sure a lot here know flexible survival so it's not gonna be that much of a shock. Although forced tfs is a relatively sparse thing in TiTS so they might want to exercise caution when dealing with new enemies.

I like the idea of them.

Spawn-of-Yig

Jun 30, 2017
I will be careful with the forced Tfs. There will only be Naga Tf from the Anacuntda and the bimbo badger Tf from V.I.R.U.S. The PC will also be given a choice before actually fighting the boss to decide if you actually want to fight it. Think about how before you can fight Izumi in CoC you have to enter her cave, basically you have to initiate the boss fight. So people who aren't prepared or don't want to fight can just choose to opt out.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Being able to make suggestions on the doc would be nice. Already liking this idea from what I'm reading, but there are places where i need to put comments.

Spawn-of-Yig

Jun 30, 2017
Being able to make suggestions on the doc would be nice. Already liking this idea from what I'm reading, but there are places where i need to put comments.
Son of a bitch, I knew something was wrong. Oh boy... you could you tell me what to do. I feel like a idiot. Bet this happened with my previous submission too.

Spawn-of-Yig

Jun 30, 2017
Ok I think I enabled Comments. I swear every time I mess up I feel like more of a idiot.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
Well that worked. Threw in some comments that i wanted to earlier.

Juicyjuice

Mar 3, 2016
I would love to see this get implemented. Perhaps you should focus on submitting one or two bosses first to see if the idea is alright with Fen?

Spawn-of-Yig

Jun 30, 2017
The Endbringer? Alternatively, the sea monster in the Hebrew Bible.
The name is based off the sea monster from the Hebrew bible, but the design is not based off the Endbringer. I'll give you a few hints though.
1. The design is based off a minor antagonist from a movie.
2. The movie is not jaws.
3. The title of the movie has five words.
4. It's probably the last movie you will ever expect.

Jelly Bean

Oct 21, 2017
The name is based off the sea monster from the Hebrew bible, but the design is not based off the Endbringer. I'll give you a few hints though.
1. The design is based off a minor antagonist from a movie.
2. The movie is not jaws.
3. The title of the movie has five words.
4. It's probably the last movie you will ever expect.
Ah, damn. I'm no good with movies.

Also yay! Fellow Worm fan!

Spawn-of-Yig

Jun 30, 2017
Ah, damn. I'm no good with movies.

Also yay! Fellow Worm fan!
Frankly I really want to show what the Leviathan #682 is based on so I'll tell ya. Leviathan's design is based off the giant robot shark from James and the Giant Peach. Also I don't know if I qualify as a "Fellow Worm fan" because I don't really know what that is.
latest

I love the design of this thing so much and the things mouth is both horrifying and memorable.
latest

Tell me you wouldn't want to fight this thing. You would essentially be space Ahab fighting mecha Moby Dick. (You know if Mody Dick was a shark instead of a whale.)

Reactions: Jongeedubs

Jelly Bean

Oct 21, 2017
Tell me you wouldn't want to fight this thing. You would essentially be space Ahab fighting mecha Moby Dick. (You know if Mody Dick was a shark instead of a whale.)
Jesus Christ how horrifyingly awesome.
Also I don't know if I qualify as a "Fellow Worm fan" because I don't really know what that is.
Well fuck. This is the Leviathan I was talking about:
upload_2017-12-9_11-43-35.png
It's from a web serial called Worm. I recommend you read it if you like unconventional superhero stuff. Also, spiders.

Reactions: Spawn-of-Yig

Zombiqaz

Nov 16, 2016
(P.S. If anyone can figure out what Leviathan #682 is based on I'll be rather impressed, though I suppose it isn't that hard to figure out.)

Frankly I really want to show what the Leviathan #682 is based on so I'll tell ya. Leviathan's design is based off the giant robot shark from James and the Giant Peach.

From the name I was going to guess that it was based on SCP-682 (warning: has a picture of a decaying whale. I don't think it is too gory but some may disagree).

Even the description isn't too far off, as long as you ignore the fact that it is a machine and not biological.

Reactions: Spawn-of-Yig

Spawn-of-Yig

Jun 30, 2017
From the name I was going to guess that it was based on SCP-682 (warning: has a picture of a decaying whale. I don't think it is too gory but some may disagree).

Even the description isn't too far off, as long as you ignore the fact that it is a machine and not biological.
Ahh the "Hard to Destroy Reptile", personally my favorite SCP. Never thought I'd see a fan of SCPs on this site of all places.

Reactions: wallpaper

Dolphi

Dec 12, 2017
Ahh the "Hard to Destroy Reptile", personally my favorite SCP. Never thought I'd see a fan of SCPs on this site of all places.

Haha, im pretty sure in a forum as big as this, there's bound to be members from every fandom present.

I think my favourite SCP is 3041, though to be honest, i like anything that Great Hippo writes.

Back on topic though, everything seems great. The only thing that stands out a bit for me is how goofy some of the names are. I cant wait to see this get fleshed out some more.

Dolphi

Dec 12, 2017
The names of the enemies or the names of the attacks?

The enemies. Goofiness isn't a bad thing, but some of the names are goofy, e.g "Ed:The mind" would fit comfortably in a cheesey 70s horror film and "Leviathan 682" is sort of like "Death ray 5000" in that the number isn't really needed.

"The thing", "Diptera" and some other enemies are pretty cool though, so i think it evens out.

Spawn-of-Yig

Jun 30, 2017
The enemies. Goofiness isn't a bad thing, but some of the names are goofy, e.g "Ed:The mind" would fit comfortably in a cheesey 70s horror film and "Leviathan 682" is sort of like "Death ray 5000" in that the number isn't really needed.

"The thing", "Diptera" and some other enemies are pretty cool though, so i think it evens out.
I actually chose the name Ed as a play on words for "Id" from Sigmund Freud's structural model of the psyche. I'm not a expert on the topic but I know that the Id is basically the chaotic, instinctual drives of the human mind. Ed has psionic abilities so I saw it fitting to name him after a aspect of the mind, but I guess the whole "The Mind" thing is a bit much.

Dolphi

Dec 12, 2017
I actually chose the name Ed as a play on words for "Id" from Sigmund Freud's structural model of the psyche. I'm not a expert on the topic but I know that the Id is basically the chaotic, instinctual drives of the human mind. Ed has psionic abilities so I saw it fitting to name him after a aspect of the mind, but I guess the whole "The Mind" thing is a bit much.

Hey that's actually pretty interesting!

I think some of the names are fine without the extra parts, like Leviathan 682 could be Leviathan, and Ed: the mind could just be Ed.

Reactions: wallpaper

Spawn-of-Yig

Jun 30, 2017
Hey that's actually pretty interesting!

I think some of the names are fine without the extra parts, like Leviathan 682 could be Leviathan, and Ed: the mind could just be Ed.
I took your advice and the two are perhaps a little less goofy.

Reactions: Dolphi

Spawn-of-Yig

Jun 30, 2017
The dialogue in the V.I.R.U.S attacks greatly amuses me.
Thanks, it always makes me happy when someone compliments my work. :)
V.I.R.U.S is personally my favorite boss that I've written. After that comes Leviathan and then the Assassin Bug.

Spawn-of-Yig

Jun 30, 2017
Will theses bosses be repeatable?
Yes they are repeatable, though they will spawn in different places every time you encounter them so you can't go to the exact area tile you first encountered a boss and expect them to be there.