[WIP(?)] Freezing Damage Weapon

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
Alright, Techies have suffered long enough having to fight that gosh dang MEANIE Amara. Of course, she has a weakness to freezing damage, but no such weapons exist, so I made one: the Zhou-Ling Rifle, created by the forgotten Zhu-Rong Incorporated. It condenses water vapor, freezes it, and turns it into icicles that are launched at a very high velocity.

I've never written anything other than scenes and characters before, but I felt like this was something that was needed and tried to write it to the best of my abilities based on the formatting doc and some other submissions. So if there's anything left out, let me know. I know vendors and prices are usually decided by the devs, but I left some stuff in there. Speaking of vendors, I wasn't completely sure if Kirila would work because the weapon isn't of spinarran design, but her and powerful, expensive weapons seem to go hand-in-weird-spiky-appendage.

Zhou-Ling Rifle

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
You could always have it unlock in Anno's inventory when you hit Myrellion or level 5. That way you will be more likely to stumble upon it before you fight Amara.

As far as the weapon itself, a chilled status of some kind might improve its appeal outside of an anti-Amara weapon. Something like a chance to reduce enemy reflexes for a few turns. Just to give it something to compete with the thermal DoT. It would of course have to be run by Fen first.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
As far as the weapon itself, a chilled status of some kind might improve its appeal outside of an anti-Amara weapon. Something like a chance to reduce enemy reflexes for a few turns. Just to give it something to compete with the thermal DoT.
I think that work more on a freeze ray type weapon.

TheDevilYouKnow

Oct 21, 2015
I think that work more on a freeze ray type weapon.
It could always just be a very low temperature. Anything in the double digits in Kelvin would definitely do damage aside from the projectile nature alone. Hell, it would probably cause frostbite on contact.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
Then if this gun is meant to help techies it needs to be refluffed as a freezing energy ray...

Lancer

Nov 1, 2016
It's intended more to take advantage of those bosses that have weaknesses to freezing, rather than boosting techs in general.

That said, perhaps an exception could be made for the energy bonuses to apply, as the gun itself is highly tech based.

Milkman

Aug 28, 2015
It's intended more to take advantage of those bosses that have weaknesses to freezing, rather than boosting techs in general.

That said, perhaps an exception could be made for the energy bonuses to apply, as the gun itself is highly tech based.
Well the very first sentence of this thread is.

"Alright, Techies have suffered long enough having to fight that gosh dang MEANIE Amara. "

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016
Seeing the nature of the gun, then seeing the name of said gun made me IMMEDIATELY think of Mei from Overwatch haha xD I hope I'm not the only one that thought this xD

Still, the more tools Techies have to beat stuff in combat the better! :) But yeah, an energy weapon flag would definitely be more useful if intended for Techies to use, otherwise it is more of a gimmicky weapon than anything. :confused:

Last edited:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Meh if the gun dosn't have the energy weapon it wouldn't really be that useful beyond Amara.

eveoflife

Aug 29, 2015
Now all we need is a cute little ice drone that spews a blizzard out, slowing movement or granting critical hits, and we ... Mai have what we need.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
There are literally
Seeing the nature of the gun, then seeing the name of said gun made me IMMEDIATELY think of Mei from Overwatch haha xD I hope I'm not the only one that thought this xD

Still, the more tools Techies have to beat stuff in combat the better! :) But yeah, an energy weapon flag would definitely be more useful if intended for Techies to use, otherwise it is more of a gimmicky weapon than anything. :confused:
How is Mei your first thought instead of Captain Cold or Mr. Freeze?

Lkynmbr24

Creator
Oct 30, 2016
There are literally

How is Mei your first thought instead of Captain Cold or Mr. Freeze?

I've been playing too much Overwatch recently... :oops: Not really familiar with Cpt. Cold though since I don't read comics much... :confused:

Last edited:

Meteor07

Feb 5, 2017
So, uh, how long would you until the freezing weapon gets put into the game? Cause I'm getting tired of the black light ultraviolet laser Rifle and thermal weaponry to be honest.

Noob Salad

Captain Shitpost
Aug 26, 2015
Is this some kind of advanced super meme I'm not getting? I mean, it's just a weapon. Isn't it already done? Just need to slot it into some shop somewhere.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
What killed the Dinosaurs? THE ICE AGE!

Stay cool!

Freeze well!

Let's kick some ice!

Hell freezes over!

HugsAlright

Pets'R'Us
Creator
Jul 11, 2016
Is this some kind of advanced super meme I'm not getting? I mean, it's just a weapon. Isn't it already done? Just need to slot it into some shop somewhere.

People were complaining it wasn't an energy weapon, didn't feel like changing it. I guess someone could code it as is.

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
Main reason ppl wanted freezing dmg weapon was to make tech have other than lust chance at beating Amara so what you expected Hugs xD

Still hopes are that your idea will be reborned in that new idea for freezing weapons galore submission.