[WIP] Cyclic Heat and Rut

dazura

Oct 17, 2019
We've got heat cycles for butts, but nothing for cocks or cunts. This aims to fix that.

A barebones doc at the moment but it will round out nicely; much like its potential users.

Let me know what you think! Any and all comments are welcome.

Restructured the flow again.
New, new, new flow:
Heat
  • Player enters Heat
  • Player enters Deep Heat
  • If Player's libido and fertility are high enough, they will get a warning about overdosing.
  • If player persists, they enter Overheating
    • This has lasting effects including the cyclic perk Seething Heat.
  • If Player continues to take Breeder's Bliss while Overheating, they trigger a bad end.
  • If a sufficient number of cycles pass without an overdose, increase counter up to a maximum of 6.
Rut
  • Player enters Rut
  • Player enters Deep Rut
  • If Player's libido and cum stats are high enough, they will get a warning about overdosing.
  • If Player persists, they enter Must
    • Lasting effects include Seething Must.
  • If Player continues to take Breeder's Bliss while in Must, they trigger a bad end.
  • If a sufficient number of cycles pass without an overdose, increase counter up to a maximum of 6.

Seething Heat/Must follows the Omega Fever perk style with 3 main stages and lasts a total of 168 hours.
Initial -> Warm fuzzies -> Feverish -> Heat / Rut
Heat / Rut can be deepened via Breeder's Bliss to Deep Heat / Overheating and Deep Rut / Must.

[Edit 2020/1/10]
Most recent changes:
Still need to add var-egg-ety and flavor text.

- Daz

Last edited:

TheShepard256

To make it more like Omega Fever, I think you should add a Stage 0, where the player's stats are all normal. I also think there should be separate perks for heat and rut, since:
  • They're different status effects, so it would make sense for them to be tracked separately
  • Some people may want different cycle timings for each (including having one without the other even if they're eligible for both)
  • It allows for still going into rut while pregnant
Also, some questions:
  • Will this perk be disabled (if obtained previously) or unobtainable (if not) if the player can't go into heat/rut due to sterility perks and/or lacking appropriate genitals?
  • Are the durations given in the summary sequential or cumulative e.g. for counter 6, is it that Stage 1 lasts 60hrs, Stage 2 lasts 72hrs, Stage 3 lasts 96hrs or that Stage 1 lasts until the 60th hour of the cycle, Stage 2 lasts until the 72nd, Stage 3 lasts until the 96th? (Given the format, I think the latter is what you're going for, but best to explicitly state which one to avoid confusion)
  • Will there be a way to increase/reset the counter?
  • Will there be a combined Bad End if both counters reach 0 at the same time (assuming that's possible)?
  • Compared to Meadow Steele, how breed-hungry will the Meltdown Bad End make the PC? (This one's kind of a joke question, but I don't mind if you answer it seriously)

Now I want to see an oral heat cycle, so that we can have one for every major orifice/genital.

As a side note, I remember that one of the Fated Names called for a seven-day heat cycle. This could be a good way to fulfil that.

Reactions: ShySquare

dazura

Oct 17, 2019
So much to think about, thanks TheShepard256.

To make it more like Omega Fever, I think you should add a Stage 0, where the player's stats are all normal. I also think there should be separate perks for heat and rut, since:
  • They're different status effects, so it would make sense for them to be tracked separately
  • Some people may want different cycle timings for each (including having one without the other even if they're eligible for both)
  • It allows for still going into rut while pregnant
Multiple perks might be the way to go but there would need to be a hidden status to track overdose as a whole in order to account for a combined bad end.
  • Will this perk be disabled (if obtained previously) or unobtainable (if not) if the player can't go into heat/rut due to sterility perks and/or lacking appropriate genitals?
I've thought of a few scenarios that could happen to sterile or neuter pc's.
  1. Failure to gain the perks altogether or the perk gets paused.
  2. Perk gained or continues as normal despite the pc's condition. (Without fertility / virility gains)
  3. Insanity bad end? (Neuer pc's - so much lust with no outlet) Omega Fever proc?
  • Are the durations given in the summary sequential or cumulative e.g. for counter 6, is it that Stage 1 lasts 60hrs, Stage 2 lasts 72hrs, Stage 3 lasts 96hrs or that Stage 1 lasts until the 60th hour of the cycle, Stage 2 lasts until the 72nd, Stage 3 lasts until the 96th? (Given the format, I think the latter is what you're going for, but best to explicitly state which one to avoid confusion)
Initially I was thinking of the first version but the second does fit the theme much better.
  • Will there be a way to increase/reset the counter?
Not that I've thought of at the moment, but that's not to say there won't be any. Perhaps Dr. Lash or Lane could help fix Steele, or Charles.
  • Will there be a combined Bad End if both counters reach 0 at the same time (assuming that's possible)?
Couldn't think of a good name for it but yes, there is definitely a multi bad end.
  • Compared to Meadow Steele, how breed-hungry will the Meltdown Bad End make the PC? (This one's kind of a joke question, but I don't mind if you answer it seriously)
Unfortunately I'm not in on the joke as I arrived to this scene rather recently. TvT
I'm thinking int overflow levels of desire on all bad ends. Perhaps entire planets, solar systems even, get overrun by ferrous spawn. :eek:
For realzies though, I haven't thought out the bad ends beyond "Steele can no longer focus on anything else".
Now I want to see an oral heat cycle, so that we can have one for every major orifice/genital.

As a side note, I remember that one of the Fated Names called for a seven-day heat cycle. This could be a good way to fulfil that.
Oral heat cycles you say? Hmm, perhaps a dangerous interaction with Snakebyte?

Reactions: Raindrops

TheShepard256

I've thought of a few scenarios that could happen to sterile or neuter pc's.
  1. Failure to gain the perks altogether or the perk gets paused.
  2. Perk gained or continues as normal despite the pc's condition. (Without fertility / virility gains)
  3. Insanity bad end? (Neuer pc's - so much lust with no outlet) Omega Fever proc?
The first one makes most sense to me, so I'd go with that one. If you go with the second one, however, not having the fertility/virility gains won't affect anything, as those stats are literally useless without the corresponding genitals.
Not that I've thought of at the moment, but that's not to say there won't be any. Perhaps Dr. Lash or Lane could help fix Steele, or Charles.
Lash would be the only option that makes sense (Lane manipulates mental state whereas heat/rut are physical (specifically, hormonal), and Charles only has something that reduces bothrioc addiction), though he's the kind of person who would probably remove the perk(s) outright rather than simply restoring the counter, possibly removing the "offending" genitals in the process. The counter would then be reset if Steele regains the perk(s).
I was also thinking that maybe the counter could naturally increase over time (to a maximum of 6) if Steele goes through enough cycles without overdosing, like how their microsurgeons reduce taint if they've gone long enough without gaining any.
Unfortunately I'm not in on the joke as I arrived to this scene rather recently. TvT
I'm thinking int overflow levels of desire on all bad ends. Perhaps entire planets, solar systems even, get overrun by ferrous spawn. :eek:
For realzies though, I haven't thought out the bad ends beyond "Steele can no longer focus on anything else".
Meadow is the Steele played by well-known forum member null_blank, famous for her min-maxed reproductive output and sheer breed-hunger. I've checked her stats from a save file attached to a recent bug report (if you read this, null_blank, I'm sorry but I was just so curious about her), and she's managed to produce an average of 3 children per day over the course of nearly 47 in-game years, the vast majority of whom she gave birth to herself. At one point, null_blank Nonesuch joked that the final boss of TiTS would be Meadow continuously and literally spawning an army, and that the only way to defeat her would be to fire contraceptives into her vaginas. If there's any Bad End that fits Meadow, it would be Meltdown.
It doesn't have to be part of this project, and I think it would work best as its own thing. Probably an offshoot of SnakeByte, or what happens if you take too much? The latter would necessitate some way of repeatably obtaining SnakeByte (I'd go for 'purchasable from a shady vendor' and/or 'random drop from Star Viper Slavebreakers', possibly with the requirement of having already obtained it before).

Last edited:

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
I love the idea of real rut/heat cycles, so thanks ! :D
Shouldn't there be another deep rut stage though? To parallel the heat ones ?

dazura

Oct 17, 2019
The first one makes most sense to me, so I'd go with that one. If you go with the second one, however, not having the fertility/virility gains won't affect anything, as those stats are literally useless without the corresponding genitals.
Sounds good.
Lash would be the only option that makes sense (Lane manipulates mental state whereas heat/rut are physical (specifically, hormonal), and Charles only has something that reduces bothrioc addiction), though he's the kind of person who would probably remove the perk(s) outright rather than simply restoring the counter, possibly removing the "offending" genitals in the process. The counter would then be reset if Steele regains the perk(s).
I was also thinking that maybe the counter could naturally increase over time (to a maximum of 6) if Steele goes through enough cycles without overdosing, like how their microsurgeons reduce taint if they've gone long enough without gaining any.
I listed Charles as the bothrioc addiction is very close to what would be happening to Steele. Perhaps with the help of Anno they would be able to synthesize a cure. Lash would most definitely 'fix' Steele... :eek:
I haven't paid too much attention to Taint / microsurgeon interactions but your suggestion does sound like something that would happen. We'll go with that.
It doesn't have to be part of this project, and I think it would work best as its own thing. Probably an offshoot of SnakeByte, or what happens if you take too much? The latter would necessitate some way of repeatably obtaining SnakeByte (I'd go for 'purchasable from a shady vendor' and/or 'random drop from Star Viper Slavebreakers', possibly with the requirement of having already obtained it before).
I have an idea for an NPC that has made some ... questionable mods / equipment. He would be located on Zheng Shi so would have easy access to more of the stuff.
I love the idea of real rut/heat cycles, so thanks ! :D
Shouldn't there be another deep rut stage though? To parallel the heat ones ?
I've thought about that and it would offer nice symmetry though I'm not sure what sort of content it would have.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
I've thought about that and it would offer nice symmetry though I'm not sure what sort of content it would have.
Maybe smth like this ?
Rut
  • Player enters Rut
  • Player enters Deep Rut
  • If Player's libido and cum stats are high enough, they will get a warning about overdosing.
  • If Player persists, they enter Musth
    • Lasting effects include Seething Rhythm perk.
  • If Player continues to take Breeder's Bliss while in Musth, they trigger the Stuck in a Rut bad end.

Milf Coded

Sep 29, 2017
[Edit 2020/1/5]
Most recent changes:
  • New Rut depth: Must
  • Cycle has '4' stages, 0-3
  • Cycle lasts 168 hours

- Daz
Is the cycle encompassing the beginning to end stages? If I remember correctly, OmegaOil anal heat recycles over several days.

ShySquare

Sep 3, 2015
Is the cycle encompassing the beginning to end stages? If I remember correctly, OmegaOil anal heat recycles over several days.
Only with the perk, though ; the tf-induced heat doesn't repeat

dazura

Oct 17, 2019
So a walk through:
  1. Steele takes Breeder's Bliss enough to trigger the warning and enter Overheating.
  2. After the heat from Overheating ends(and Steele isn't pregnant) the cycle starts
    1. Stage 0 - normal phase lasts 83 hrs
    2. Stage 1 starts at 84 hrs from cycle start
    3. Stage 2 starts at 108 hrs
    4. Stage 3 starts at 132 hrs and lasts until the 168th hour
    5. Enter Stage 0 and restart
Hopefully this clears up your question.

Jimbo454

Jan 6, 2020
Is overheating or being in Must going to prevent Steele from retreating from certain foes like omega oil? As in Must prevents you from running away from foes with vaginas and overheating prevents you from retreating from foes with dicks?

dazura

Oct 17, 2019
Is overheating or being in Must going to prevent Steele from retreating from certain foes like omega oil? As in Must prevents you from running away from foes with vaginas and overheating prevents you from retreating from foes with dicks?
It most definitely will. Thanks! Adding that (and egg related versions) to the flow!

Theron

Nov 8, 2018
Breeders Bliss (Overdose?) + Snake Byte + X oral Cumflation while under the influence*/second Overdose-like counter for BJs given?

*How the Treatment gives Cum Highs.

At fist I thought that the word was 'Musth', not 'Must', but Dictionary.com does accept 'Must' as an alternate spelling. That definition is actually listed twice (4 and 6 of 6) when searching for 'Must'.

Also, how does this interact with Oviposition (Amber Seed)?

null_blank

Oct 29, 2015
At one point, null_blank joked that the final boss of TiTS would be Meadow continuously and literally spawning an army, and that the only way to defeat her would be to fire contraceptives into her vaginas. If there's any Bad End that fits Meadow, it would be Meltdown.
That was Nonesuch :p

LoriJ

Jan 10, 2020
We've got heat cycles for butts, but nothing for cocks or cunts. This aims to fix that.

I was actually thinking about a solution to add a heat cycle myself, tying it to race or something, but I think your proposal of adding it to Breeders' Bliss is simple and elegant.
I have some thoughts about your proposal, though they might just be personal preference.
The idea is basically less is more, but for the sake of discussion:

Seething Heat/Must follows the Omega Fever perk style with 3 main stages and lasts a total of 168 hours.
Initial -> Warm fuzzies -> Feverish -> Heat / Rut
Heat / Rut can be deepened via Breeder's Bliss to Deep Heat / Overheating and Deep Rut / Must.

Why not keep it simple and make cycles with stages using only existing status effects:
Initial -> Heat -> Deep Heat

Again, why not keep it simple and just have one set schedule, e.g. 4 days Initial, 2 days Heat, 1 day Deep Heat, repeat

• If Player's libido and fertility are high enough, they will get a warning about overdosing.
  • If player persists, they enter Overheating
    • This has lasting effects including the cyclic perk Seething Heat.

Currently using Breeders' Bliss while in Deep Heat or will extend the duration, unless the duration has over 22 days remaining, in which case it does nothing. This could be where you warn the player about it, something like: "Taking any more could have lasting side effects." If they still continue give them the Heat or Rut Cycle.

Actually most of the code is there, but is disabled at the moment, though depending on the implementation it might need to be altered, which actually sounds like a fun project..

Reactions: SeriousBlueJewel

dazura

Oct 17, 2019
I was actually thinking about a solution to add a heat cycle myself, tying it to race or something, but I think your proposal of adding it to Breeders' Bliss is simple and elegant.
I have some thoughts about your proposal, though they might just be personal preference.
The idea is basically less is more, but for the sake of discussion:

Why not keep it simple and make cycles with stages using only existing status effects:
Initial -> Heat -> Deep Heat

Again, why not keep it simple and just have one set schedule, e.g. 4 days Initial, 2 days Heat, 1 day Deep Heat, repeat

Currently using Breeders' Bliss while in Deep Heat or will extend the duration, unless the duration has over 22 days remaining, in which case it does nothing. This could be where you warn the player about it, something like: "Taking any more could have lasting side effects." If they still continue give them the Heat or Rut Cycle.

Actually most of the code is there, but is disabled at the moment, though depending on the implementation it might need to be altered, which actually sounds like a fun project..
A few things to note:
  • after digging around in the source, I did find the heat / rut cycle code and you are correct with it being inaccessible at the moment.
  • Writing the code is the easy part. The "Flavor Text" which constitutes the majority of the game is a bit more difficult. But with the current setup I've worked out here, I don't think any existing code will need major work.
  • The current cycle progression is based off Omega Fever as it has a pleasant, natural feeling flow.
  • I'm temporarily putting the project on hold for a few reasons:
    • Skywolf99 had submitted this content over a year ago and it is good content.
    • When I talked to Fen a week ago or so, he said that he is not looking at any submissions :negativeman:
    • Lastly, I've been swept up in a large project at work leaving me 0 leisure time.

LoriJ

Jan 10, 2020
A few things to note:
  • after digging around in the source, I did find the heat / rut cycle code and you are correct with it being inaccessible at the moment.
  • Writing the code is the easy part. The "Flavor Text" which constitutes the majority of the game is a bit more difficult. But with the current setup I've worked out here, I don't think any existing code will need major work.
  • The current cycle progression is based off Omega Fever as it has a pleasant, natural feeling flow.
  • I'm temporarily putting the project on hold for a few reasons:
    • Skywolf99 had submitted this content over a year ago and it is good content.
    • When I talked to Fen a week ago or so, he said that he is not looking at any submissions :negativeman:
    • Lastly, I've been swept up in a large project at work leaving me 0 leisure time.
I just searched for the other threat, it seems those suggestions are more in line with what I proposed, however it seems the biggest issue there was flavor text too..
I'd love to help, but unfortunately I'm more of a coder myself too..