[WIP] CompatiCock Mk.3 (transformative)

thaumx

Dec 19, 2016
Guam
Hello Everyone

CompatiCock is a transformative from Tamani Corp that adds a new cock type along with a perk called "Compatible Cock." It turns the pc's member into a single semi-amorphous cock. The perk allows the cock to dynamically resize within a certain range in order to barely fit into an orifice used in a scene. It resembles a ribbed tentacle with two optional knots. The player will be able to resize the "resting" state of the member within limits, but not alter the shape. I will be working to write code to lay the groundwork for the functionality, including updates to the parser engine.

Note about a common concern: I am aware that many scenes don't use the cockthatfits function to compare the size of an orifice with the PC's members, and instead look at length or girth. In these cases, scenes almost always use another public function from the creature class or cock class. Because they call a function, we can do fun things to make the member fit the scene. (for example, if biggest cock length is called, we know the scene is looking for a big cock, and can return a large value.) When combined with the parser for the new cock type, it can be made to work pretty seamlessly. Especially since the parser also uses these public functions. Scenes shouldn't be calling pc variables on cocks/breasts/vaginas/etc. directly anyways; if a scene is doing so, there's probably a good specific reason or it was accidental.

Please let me know what you think, any ideas, or if you'd like to lend a hand!

Link here: CompatiCock

Updates:

5/25: Rewrote pretty much all the existing content to match the change to a single shape, expanded and improved the codex entry.

Last edited:
Reactions: Preacher

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
This seems like the effects of taking 3 doses of Galomax. Though, It being a Perk + cockType and have it mimic other cockTypes seems to be a needless complication when, like Galomax, it could be a Perk + cockFlag and have it actually change the cockType.

Jacques00

Administrator
Aug 26, 2015
I'm a bit iffy on this. I know @Couch had a project going with an item that can toggle a penis for the player character that was turned down by @Fenoxo. The reasoning was there was going to be a future item/upgrade that would be in conflict/contest with it. I believe this item would be criticized for a similar reason, being that there will be planned upgrades to the currently existing Tamani cock box that may contest with the features of this item/perk (have a goo crotch already enables the ability to change penis dimensions and type for the most part). Also that the cockThatFits() isn't used in every situation and sometimes specific lengths/girths are chosen for a scene/blurb instead, making this perk unusable in those situations, or requiring some rewrites to accommodate the features it brings, further complicating things with how scenes are currently written.

While I don't want to discourage you from writing something you are motivated and eager to write for, I am just pointing out that this project may have a high chance of rejection. The item/perk essentially just bypasses checks to work around the need to transform the size of a penis, which can be done with other items/services. Having all-in-one items that drastically change more than pure cosmetics complicates not only the writing but the coding as well, so keep that in mind. You may want to wait on official word from members of the development team before continuing work though, just to make sure.

cool.alexia

Feb 16, 2017
If Fenlord is against it, maybe you can focus on the idea of a resizable dick and a single type (mechanic, tentacle, baloon, idk) . The idea sounds fun.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
The most holiest of grounds
Ah, got around to starting this I see. It's been a long time waiting.
This seems like the effects of taking 3 doses of Galomax. Though, It being a Perk + cockType and have it mimic other cockTypes seems to be a needless complication when, like Galomax, it could be a Perk + cockFlag and have it actually change the cockType.
You'll find that not a lot of people want to be goo.

I'm a bit iffy on this. I know @Couch had a project going with an item that can toggle a penis for the player character that was turned down by @Fenoxo. The reasoning was there was going to be a future item/upgrade that would be in conflict/contest with it. I believe this item would be criticized for a similar reason, being that there will be planned upgrades to the currently existing Tamani cock box that may contest with the features of this item/perk (have a goo crotch already enables the ability to change penis dimensions and type for the most part). Also that the cockThatFits() isn't used in every situation and sometimes specific lengths/girths are chosen for a scene/blurb instead, making this perk unusable in those situations, or requiring some rewrites to accommodate the features it brings, further complicating things with how scenes are currently written.

While I don't want to discourage you from writing something you are motivated and eager to write for, I am just pointing out that this project may have a high chance of rejection. The item/perk essentially just bypasses checks to work around the need to transform the size of a penis, which can be done with other items/services. Having all-in-one items that drastically change more than pure cosmetics complicates not only the writing but the coding as well, so keep that in mind. You may want to wait on official word from members of the development team before continuing work though, just to make sure.
A very tiny copy/paste piece of code could be inserted before the scenes involving penetration that checks for if the player has this cock and then changes it's effective size to the largest parameter used in the scene.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
I'm talking about the mechanics of how this would work and not about the "flavour text" of it. Read what I wrote again. :colbert:
I know what you meant, that it's needlessly complicated and could be simplified. Some people seem to dislike my fly by comments, I'll put more words in next time to avoid further confusion.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
I know what you meant, that it's needlessly complicated and could be simplified. Some people seem to dislike my fly by comments, I'll put more words in next time to avoid further confusion.
You commented something unrelated to what I wrote... :colbert:

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
You commented something unrelated to what I wrote... :colbert:
You did compare it to being like the effects of 3 galomax shots, can we move on from this? I'd rather not it get ugly over a simple mistake.

thaumx

Dec 19, 2016
Guam
Hmmm, I don't want to give up on the idea completely, but now that I've been reminded about Couch's item, I remember the thread. Probably the only way to continue would be to nix the changing appearance aspect. Perhaps a generic dildo-shaped member, or a ribbed tentacle, as long as it doesn't allow different types like human/ausar/etc.

I will look into the amorphous flag along with the goo cock again, I remember it being fairly limited as far as what it would do for size purposes, but it might be useful. I'm still working out exactly how I would go about implementing the resizing without having to add code to a million scenes. Fortunately most size checks seem to involve a function to add length and mod length for effective length. While it's not ideal, the behavior setting in the perk could have have the function return a small or large value.

I've been extremely busy with work lately, but I'll keep working on it as I have time.

thaumx

Dec 19, 2016
Guam
So I basically went back and edited and rewrote everything to match the concept of a single cock shape, I also expounded a little more in the codex entry section on how it works. (had to be sure to include reasoning for why the shape couldn't be changed and perk would be lost if cock type is changed by another transformative.)

I also looked into goo peoples. They do have the ability to alter their member's size from the appearance screen, but the actual flag of being gooey just applies a multiplier to volume (0.75). Meanwhile the amorphous flag seems to be used almost exclusively for descriptive purposes. This really doesn't accomplish what we want as far as actively fitting/resizing.

I double-checked how to make this work by taking another look at the code, and it seems like it won't be necessary to alter any scenes. Most can be accomplished via changes to the creature class and cock class files. There are bound to a few instances where a scene doesn't use public functions for some reason, but in those cases there's probably a specific reason we don't want to mess with, or it's a way of finding non-standard code to fix up.

While I'm not certain, of course, I'm pretty sure that I can write some code with a high level of functionality with existing content. And if I write the code myself, that just makes it easier for busy people to implement anyways. I did 90-95% of the coding work for the Lapinara expansion, and in some ways this is easier. :)

Any opinions on resizing the "resting state"? It seems like the player resizing the PC cock should be okay because it can already be done with goo peoples, but I thought I'd check for input. Size could always be fixed at a certain value, or limited to a few specific sizes.

Preacher

Nov 22, 2016
So I basically went back and edited and rewrote everything to match the concept of a single cock shape, I also expounded a little more in the codex entry section on how it works. (had to be sure to include reasoning for why the shape couldn't be changed and perk would be lost if cock type is changed by another transformative.)

I also looked into goo peoples. They do have the ability to alter their member's size from the appearance screen, but the actual flag of being gooey just applies a multiplier to volume (0.75). Meanwhile the amorphous flag seems to be used almost exclusively for descriptive purposes. This really doesn't accomplish what we want as far as actively fitting/resizing.

I double-checked how to make this work by taking another look at the code, and it seems like it won't be necessary to alter any scenes. Most can be accomplished via changes to the creature class and cock class files. There are bound to a few instances where a scene doesn't use public functions for some reason, but in those cases there's probably a specific reason we don't want to mess with, or it's a way of finding non-standard code to fix up.

While I'm not certain, of course, I'm pretty sure that I can write some code with a high level of functionality with existing content. And if I write the code myself, that just makes it easier for busy people to implement anyways. I did 90-95% of the coding work for the Lapinara expansion, and in some ways this is easier. :)

Any opinions on resizing the "resting state"? It seems like the player resizing the PC cock should be okay because it can already be done with goo peoples, but I thought I'd check for input. Size could always be fixed at a certain value, or limited to a few specific sizes.
Since the cock is basically an entirely different creature maybe some minor item can be put in that you could "feed" it with to enlarge or shrink its resting state that only becomes purchasable once you have one.

If that's inaccurate to state you could just introduce a very tiny masturbation scene that follows a specific method on the back of the cock TF item that you could choose before actually using it if you already have the cock.

Last edited:

thaumx

Dec 19, 2016
Guam
Why the ovipositor Flag?
Basically for lore reasons, because Tamani Corp is trying to improve the cross-species combatibiliy for sex and conception.

Function-wise, the flag doesn't do much except act as a check to see if the PC is capable of injecting eggs, assuming their biology can produce them. So far, this seems to be mostly limited to the Nyrea Eggs status effect given by the Nyrean Candy transformative. If more content with ovipositors is added in the future, it makes sense to keep the option open.

NotYouNorI

Aug 26, 2015
@thaumx Ah, I see. Also the codex entry you wrote it having a "secondary knot" at the tip, this would correspond to it having the "Flared" flag, which isn't includedin the cockFlags you wrote this TF to give.