[WIP] ChumChews: Shark TF

MorganHannahFae

May 10, 2016
If Jim hadn't left he would have expanded upon her. Sadly though someone else now must bear the torch.

At least we still have the rest of the team, and Savin has even said Syri Quest incoming. It won't give us diabetes nearly as hard most likely since Syri's more of a hard character, but with her expansion we'll probably feel something just as akin to love.

Really want more Kaede too, she's probably the second most awkward and sweet important NPC after Embry.

Savin is by far not the only writer keeping my spirits up but... I'm so excited for Savin's new stuff I can't think of anyone else's names off the top of my head who are also working on new things.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I also wonder why canAutofellate() doesn't work for taurs. They're probably long enough that it's possible without too much effort, especially for felines/chakats.

From one side, feline-taur should be flexible enough to handwave almost any inconsistency with scene for non-taurs (at least if it is not too tall). From other side, they introduced inconsistencies with scenes for taurs...

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
I'll be honest, I think you should reconsider making this a race tf that you make rather than keep it as a shark tf. It makes no sense that they have various bodyparts that are unlike sharks at all, which I assume is why there are some shark body parts in the game but not all. Like giving sharks paws and ears.

By making it a different race you would have much more liberty on the design and there would be less issues with the whole tiger shark herms you also want to add.

Last edited by a moderator:

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
I'll be honest, I think you should reconsider making this a race tf that you make rather than keep it as a shark tf. It makes no sense that they have various bodyparts that are unlike sharks at all, which I assume is why there are some shark body parts in the game but not all. Like giving sharks paws and ears.

By making it a different race you would have much more liberty on the design and there would be less issues with the whole tiger shark herms you also want to add.

I'll agree to the paws thing, maybe the ears. However the character-type (or something like it) used in the header image was already suggested a while before as a race and denied because the person didn't own the concept.

It seems this started as a near-direct port of the Shark Teeth from CoC with a bit of added bonus for TiTS features. Just need to realign focus, weed out what doesn't need to be.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
I'll agree to the paws thing, maybe the ears. However the character-type (or something like it) used in the header image was already suggested a while before as a race and denied because the person didn't own the concept.

It seems this started as a near-direct port of the Shark Teeth from CoC with a bit of added bonus for TiTS features. Just need to realign focus, weed out what doesn't need to be.

I don't think anybody own that concepts... since i've seen it been used before, rarely with paws. Anyway he could adjust the race to be just different enough to be their own thing.

I feel like the way he went for the shark naga tail was a good choice.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
Yeah, I was confusing it with another thing. Took a look over at the codex thread, much different.

treatedfae

Dec 19, 2015
Yeah, I was confusing it with another thing. Took a look over at the codex thread, much different.

If it's an alien race I think that would make it a much more lore friendly tf, and it would also open the possibilities of NPCs of this race if anyone ever feels like writing one.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
If it's an alien race I think that would make it a much more lore friendly tf, and it would also open the possibilities of NPCs of this race if anyone ever feels like writing one.

See, thing is, we have TFs specifically catered for furries (horse pill, catnip, bovinium) so shark TF, if limited to just a shark person, would fit on the anthro spectrum. If we start going beyond just a shark-(wo)man, like LC's critique of paws and ears, then yes it starts being closer to a unique race than a proper antrho. It's not to say that as a new race would be bad, but we need to have a focus for the project whether we're going anthro or alien for the sake of those who will want to use it. Paws and ears evoke traits of hybridization that's not part of sharks.

Amadis

Apr 19, 2016
Removed the paws from the arms, at least, since the existing parser calls for the flag don't really fit. As for the ears, both adjatha and alder's CoC artwork for sharks seems to have the ears.

Sergals? e.g. sharks w/ fur?

MorganHannahFae

May 10, 2016
Removed the paws from the arms, at least, since the existing parser calls for the flag don't really fit. As for the ears, both adjatha and alder's CoC artwork for sharks seems to have the ears.

Sergals? e.g. sharks w/ fur?

I would make it a race anyways, since you're doing digitigrade legs and ears, and you're giving them a snake-like eye even though sharks just have enormous round pupils.

Just keep doing what you're doing, but change the description of the item from turns you into a shark-morph to turns you into a shark-alien(You get to name it, dun dun dun). Then maybe also the tags like Shark Skln should probably be named after the race, too.

Of course you don't need to make it a race but then that leaves the confusion for why it does so much that wouldn't actually be affected by a shark TF.

I'm okay with anything as really I just want the snout and the tail, but it could cause someone to have to edit it later on down the line for when the game is finished(Not when it stops producing content but when it reaches release 1.0), since they will likely be removing many inconsistencies then.

Since it isn't smut I'd be VERY confident in writing a codex entry for the race if that's what you decide to do, assuming you who introduced said race to the game don't want to write the entry yourself.

MorganHannahFae

May 10, 2016
Morgan you are the best I love you so much wow.

I understand now. It's only in the darker areas where they have the incredibly round eyes I'm familiar with; I've never seen a shark above surface so I had never seen their cats-eye bit.

I really do learn something new every day on this forum.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
See, thing is, we have TFs specifically catered for furries (horse pill, catnip, bovinium) so shark TF, if limited to just a shark person, would fit on the anthro spectrum. If we start going beyond just a shark-(wo)man, like LC's critique of paws and ears, then yes it starts being closer to a unique race than a proper antrho. It's not to say that as a new race would be bad, but we need to have a focus for the project whether we're going anthro or alien for the sake of those who will want to use it. Paws and ears evoke traits of hybridization that's not part of sharks.

Well there's no reason he can't do both and recycle some of the tf texts, since a lot of items in the game already do so.

Amadis

Apr 19, 2016
Done with TF descriptons for the most part, finally.

I want to implement the tiger shark TF, but I'm not sure if I want to go the rare tf route or separate item route.

Rare TF just requires me to add the TF descriptors and a check, and is the easiest route.

A separate item would probably be a  guaranteed TF, and would reuse most of the TF descriptons from the regular items.

What do y'all think?

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015

I want to implement the tiger shark TF, but I'm not sure if I want to go the rare tf route or separate item route.

Rare TF just requires me to add the TF descriptors and a check, and is the easiest route.

A separate item would probably be a  guaranteed TF, and would reuse most of the TF descriptons from the regular items.

What do y'all think?

How about overdose trigger?

Ormael

Aug 27, 2015
That might work, although I'm not sure at the moment how far the PC would have to go to trigger it.

We got already few other TF that have "overdose system". So look at them for reference. Without looking at them I would say setting that taking X dose in 24 hours could count as overdose. Like dunno...3rd, 4th or 5th dose in 24 hours after taking first one.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Specifically Lucifier have it in most simple way.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015

What do y'all think?

You would have to give it a very good reason why a tiger shark tfs gives hermaphorditic traits and not just regular tiger shark tfs.

My suggestion is make a bunch of shark types and only change the skin colors or possibly add other minor changes.

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
You would have to give it a very good reason why a tiger shark tfs gives hermaphorditic traits and not just regular tiger shark tfs.

My suggestion is make a bunch of shark types and only change the skin colors or possibly add other minor changes.

This is good suggestion.

While trying to emulate shark teeth is a good idea, perfectly trying to emulate them isn't. This is a different game, different ways to do things, more ways to do things, let the creative juices flow (within confines).

Amadis

Apr 19, 2016
More OD ideas (in addition to CoC Tiger Shark)

Forced Sharkmaid (already ithere, but it's just for preexisting nagas) <-Super easy

Sharktopus (tentacle tails (vanae), and maybe tentacle legs if I feel like it) <Tails is easy, legs just needs more parser/appearance descriptions built on top of goo tails)

Dinoshark (Lizan snout, scales) <-Easy

bad/psuedo-bad ends(Full feral, losing lungs).<- Pretty easy, just flavor text.

Debuffs (electric sensitivity) <- Might need to check combat infor for compatibility

Randomly turn into goo/jelly (since the tf is a gummy) <-ehh...

Any thoughts?

Karretch

Aug 26, 2015
If those are high-tier overdoses (like Condensol where 3 doses within the time zone permanently shrinks dong) then things like the sharkmaid, the bad end, and the jelly could work for me personally. Sharktopus and dinoshark could just be race things added in if people already have those but don't lose them or gain them later afterwards.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
More OD ideas (in addition to CoC Tiger Shark)

Forced Sharkmaid (already ithere, but it's just for preexisting nagas) <-Super easy

Sharktopus (tentacle tails (vanae), and maybe tentacle legs if I feel like it) <Tails is easy, legs just needs more parser/appearance descriptions built on top of goo tails)

Dinoshark (Lizan snout, scales) <-Easy

bad/psuedo-bad ends(Full feral, losing lungs).<- Pretty easy, just flavor text.

Debuffs (electric sensitivity) <- Might need to check combat infor for compatibility

Randomly turn into goo/jelly (since the tf is a gummy) <-ehh...

Any thoughts?

Feels like you're derivating too much from the idea of Shark Furry transformative and going into random ideas that require a better justification than this being just a shark transformative. Stuff like tiger sharks growing balls, having gigantic cocks, and having hips and butts large enough that aren't hydrodynamic, betray the principle of the item which is being a shark transformative. In my opinion without a lore justification for these differences this won't really work.

What I was suggesting above was thing more grounded in real-life and stereotypes about shark. Things like whale shark(skin color + thickness), hammerhead shark (skin color + face) or mako shark (skin color + height), among others.

This project is also missing the head fin that alot of shark anthros have.

Mermaid is also a female-only name.