Wiki

Orivon

Jan 4, 2017
Who is supposed to update the wikis? That's the main way I get my info. Please update it.

Angle

Feb 14, 2017
I have no clue, I also wonder why the wiki doesn't seem to be frequently updated. Its not an extreme issue, but it is probably very helpful to some people

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
(as far as I know) Nobody is obligated to update the wikis. It is mostly a community affair. Most of the TiTs wiki edits are by Fenco, but they have more important things to do than keep it up to date given new build frequency, and y'know, actually making stuff.

The FoE wiki is fully community-driven and was pretty up to date, but a recent move of the wikis saw most of FoE's pages lost to the void. And given its (despite a recent update) still hiatus status, it's been lagging with little reason to hop to. Not to mention that 1) anybody who played FoE probably exhausted its content long ago, and 2) nobody likes to retrace steps they'd already taken.

tl;dr: Wikis are updated by those of the community; people just like you. So why don't you update them? Also, your post phrasing sounds incredibly entitled. It's the equivalent of screaming "do your job and make my life easier!"

Angle

Feb 14, 2017
(as far as I know) Nobody is obligated to update the wikis. It is mostly a community affair. Most of the TiTs wiki edits are by Fenco, but they have more important things to do than keep it up to date given new build frequency, and y'know, actually making stuff.

The FoE wiki is fully community-driven and was pretty up to date, but a recent move of the wikis saw most of FoE's pages lost to the void. And given its (despite a recent update) still hiatus status, it's been lagging with little reason to hop to. Not to mention that 1) anybody who played FoE probably exhausted its content long ago, and 2) nobody likes to retrace steps they'd already taken.

tl;dr: Wikis are updated by those of the community; people just like you. So why don't you update them? Also, your post phrasing sounds incredibly entitled. It's the equivalent of screaming "do your job and make my life easier!"
Where can I go to help update them?

MESeele

Aug 26, 2015
Where can I go to help update them?
I assume you'd hop on the wiki of your choice, create an account, and hope you have the privileges to edit. You likely also need basic knowledge of the wiki language to make any decent headway. Googling "wiki edit guide" will pop up what's probably useful reading.

Ah, and I freely admit that despite my grumbles I'm a useless forum member myself who doesn't actually contribute anything.

Edit: Err, never mind. Glad you figured it out.

Reactions: Kesil

Angle

Feb 14, 2017
I assume you'd hop on the wiki of your choice, create an account, and hope you have the privileges to edit. You likely also need basic knowledge of the wiki language to make any decent headway. Googling "wiki edit guide" will pop up what's probably useful reading.

Ah, and I freely admit that despite my grumbles I'm a useless forum member myself who doesn't actually contribute anything.

Thank you what you said helped

Orivon

Jan 4, 2017

Now I know how to edit a wiki. I never knew how.