Why does the Belhar Empire not have it's own Codex entry?

Mad Dog

Jun 1, 2018
It seems like a very important entity lore wise.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
You know as much as you need to know about it. ;) If you, at any point, need to know more about it, you will be so informed.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
you don't NEED to know anything in the codex. it's their for people who are interested in the lore. at least that's what I've always assumed.
It's actually mostly for other/aspiring writers so we can keep our shit consistent. Or at least try to. When authors read the damn codices.

That don't mean you can't put that shit in the codex.
It does mean I can choose not to :)

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
It's probably just not relevant to put in because, as stated, it's not around by the time you start the game anyhow.

Undecided

Feb 16, 2021
Whilst the current standing of the Belharan Empire might not be that relevant to the PC for their journey / quest; the way it has been prefaced as such a "great" and "powerful" Empire previously makes one question the state of how it is now presented in-game (or the lack of presentation).

We are to assume that everyone is speaking Belharan for the PC to understand, and trades with EC / Hawks (which both tie back to the Belharan Empire); yet there is such limited lore / information about such Empire in-game and is moreso referenced in the Tronarii Codex or the Wiki itself.
In fact there is more information surrounding Humans on the Wiki than in-game, which as a player is a bit confusing (especially when playing a Human PC; the intro background on Humans is pretty much the only thing you're going to get as there's no official Codex entry).

Not to mention, with the previous example; the Tronarii Codex and the now Currency Codex expand on the lore of the Belharan Empire more than the designated Wiki page for the Belharan Empire does itself.
Additionally, the Currency Codex seemingly goes against what is reflected on the Wiki for the Belharan Empire, stating that ordinary Marchers have little to no use of Hawks in their day to day lives, which supposedly goes against the notion reflected on the Wiki (to an extent) - if it wasn't a viable source of currency for ordinary citizens then merchants surely would have no means for accepting it as a currency either - not some sort of exclusive "adventurer" currency.
And if the currency is to be as good as it is mentioned, why would ordinary citizens not make use of it? What do they use instead? Real Gold and Silver? Bartering?

Like with the Mercenaries there is currently limited information listed in-game, and moreso found on the Wiki or in other Codexes; which one would think it would surely make it a tad easier to explain the lore surrounding such in their own respective Codexes - but from such responses as seen in this thread and the other in-game Human related thread, doesn't seem to be the case.

Reactions: Karamaru and Kingu2

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
That Belhar isn't in the codex/journal makes sense in a way since like Savin said it's not around anymore and I doubt most people on Savarra really care about something that has been dead for 250 said odd years save for some who may want to rebuild it and even lived in it during its heyday.
But I also understand that most want to know more about it since it looms so much over the world and its history and culture, especially humans who really don't seem to have anything to tie them together like the other races do.

It's actually mostly for other/aspiring writers so we can keep our shit consistent. Or at least try to. When authors read the damn codices.
And the codex has been most useful in helping me.