Which NPCs would you like to be able to recruit as a companion?

BadDragoon

Apr 19, 2021
I was wondering if there were plans to add more recruitable companions and which ones of the current NPCs people would like to recruit the most. For me personally it's got to be Valencia the adorable manticore girl.

Majincotton

Oct 29, 2019
This is never gonna happen, as he already has a companion in Brint/Brienne but Elthara would and probably will always be my #1 pick. Not only do I think she's a cool character with a cool weapon but I think she'd mesh with the team very well.

Other characters that come to mind are Lusina, Sariel(sp?), Zo and Jin-Jin.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
The rule the devs came up with is that only writers with a proven track record in other Fenco games get to write companions and everyone only gets one, except Savin who in his insanity has three. That means there's a very limited pool of potential future companions. We know William is working on a mousegirl thief named Einen and B has his own companion slot as well as now doing Berwyn but the latest word from him there is that he hasn't settled on what he wants to do with that yet.

All that said, most of my favorite NPCs are characters I couldn't really see fighting alongside us (for instance I just don't see Evelyn fighting at all, much less in those heels) and another who could work from that perspective is Liaden but she's not really interested in the Champion sexually so as cool as watching her and Azzy battle-couple their way through the Frost Marches might be, I don't think she'd fit as a companion even in fantasyland. I suppose I'd default to Hethia, who's already set up for gameplay and could probably have some interesting gear sets, plus she's a sexable character and maybe increased interactions with the champ could include pushing her and Elthara to admit what they really think about each other, like you can do with Azzy/Lia. :)

Wint3rRyd3r

Feb 14, 2021
To echo what others said, we ain't getting anymore. But there's no harm in giving what-ifs and discussing ones we like to be companions.

Lusina the fluffy slut is easily number 1 on the "God I wish you were a companion" list. I like her character, she has nothing tying her down, and she's got a kick-ass sword. She'd be a warrior/thief hybrid and that'd be useful. Plus that sword would be useful as hell against most enemies.

Next up would be Kura. Sexy ninja with several useful abilities. I can't see Azami letting her run around with us when she's gotta scout the area, but these are what-ifs. Kura could be a physical ranged companion with her kunai knives. She's got a pretty good moveset as an enemy.

Now this one is unreasonable, but the Drider Queen. Unreasonable because a permanent non-bipedal companion would make life hard for the writers, but come on. Drider Queen. We know she's good in a fight and tough, and she's important in drider society I think. So what if we have too many warriors. You can never have enough warriors.

I'm noticing a recurring theme in these picks. a DD and over theme. Time to fix that. With Takahiro. He's no push over from what we've seen, he has a permanent sake buff (whatever that buff is), and he's already leaving the great kitsune tree frequently. Yes he's a serious alcoholic, but as a companion he'd probbly be pretty good. I know what you're thinking: why not Azami or Nakano? Azami would never leave her post, that's why she has Kura and Hinata. And Nakano? The guy does paperwork in his armor. Do you really want someone like that watching your back? Clearly, Takahiro is the superior choice.

I suppose I'd default to Hethia, who's already set up for gameplay and could probably have some interesting gear sets, plus she's a sexable character and maybe increased interactions with the champ could include pushing her and Elthara to admit what they really think about each other, like you can do with Azzy/Lia.

Azzy/Lia is a top tier ship and I 100% support it. And Hethia would also be cool. Angy tsundere druid with a mighty doggo. Abso-fucking-lutely. Her similarities in set and moveset to default Ryn would be funny, especially with a high confidence Ryn.

Karamaru

Jan 31, 2021
some what ifs would be fun for me heres a few and echo from others

Garret trying to get away from Garth so he runs off with the champ.

Elthara because cool scythe and seeing a warrior priestess combo.

Lusina is good choice as well.

Kura having a Ninja on your team seems like a good idea and Takahiro his drunk antics would be funny to have around.

And the Siorcanna shaman girl I forgot her name but she seems like an interesting choice as well

BadDragoon

Apr 19, 2021
The rule the devs came up with is that only writers with a proven track record in other Fenco games get to write companions and everyone only gets one, except Savin who in his insanity has three. That means there's a very limited pool of potential future companions. We know William is working on a mousegirl thief named Einen and B has his own companion slot as well as now doing Berwyn but the latest word from him there is that he hasn't settled on what he wants to do with that yet.

All that said, most of my favorite NPCs are characters I couldn't really see fighting alongside us (for instance I just don't see Evelyn fighting at all, much less in those heels) and another who could work from that perspective is Liaden but she's not really interested in the Champion sexually so as cool as watching her and Azzy battle-couple their way through the Frost Marches might be, I don't think she'd fit as a companion even in fantasyland. I suppose I'd default to Hethia, who's already set up for gameplay and could probably have some interesting gear sets, plus she's a sexable character and maybe increased interactions with the champ could include pushing her and Elthara to admit what they really think about each other, like you can do with Azzy/Lia. :)
Oh thats interesting! I didn't know that each companion has their own dedicated writer.

I can certainly see the appeal of having Hethia or Elthara as a companion but since there seem to be a limited number of possible future companions I think I'd prefer them to be diverse as Ryn already fills the position of the frost elf in the party. I would've liked to be able recruit Ragnild if we didn't already have Arona for example.

Characters that I'd personally like to see become companions would be:
-Valencia, she literally has no reason to turn down an invite to join the party. She spends most of her time hanging out alone doing small jobs and is eager to spend more time with the PC. The character interactions of the PC showing her the ropes on their adventures basically writes itself.
-Hashat, she's free spirited, loves elves and could make for a fun companion. I would like to take her on a trip shagging every kind of elves there are. :D
-Lusina, fills the role of the thief we don't yet have. Not much content is there for this character so far but I like her design.
-Jin-Jin, he's a monk with obvious east asian inspirations regarding his aesthetics which I really like. Could make for an interesting companion.

Alfenjeiser02

Jan 1, 2020
Something I would like to say is that we currently do not have a partner as the main thief, Etheryn does not count her because half of her skills are support but this would be something I would like to add

Gwyneth or Garret: They are both children of Garth, they have shown to have skills and you could choose different sets including Warrior, Thief, Archer

Senja: Tanukis seem to be very talented with magic, especially with illusionistic magic.

Clementine: Healer Tank Support Unit (Art-Will Stance Fluffy wool) + Defense - fire resistance

Cat Harem: Depending on the set we will choose the girls they will take turns to see who participates in the combat choosing between Calill, Yset or Selima the previous girl will say goodbye returning to Hawkethorne
(Maybe it would be the most complicated to implement)

Blueboy

Dec 7, 2020
Ivris is my top choice just because she still much of a mystery. And unlike the other trainers who are too old or injured to really participate in fights, it just itches a part of my brain that wants to know why a person so skilled and young would-be living such a reclusive life.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Something I would like to say is that we currently do not have a partner as the main thief
Einin the maus will be around soon enough for that. xP

Reactions: Paradox01

Lotus

May 8, 2021
North
Well, since Kurako and Lusina have already been mentioned, and I would really like either of them as companions, I would like to add Lusamine. She's a mercenary, so she's already got combat experience. Yeah, she'd probably have to quit her job, but your party could use someone with experience of the area you're in, and she's fun to talk to.

I'd also like to add Gytha Odain because she's so gosh-darn cute, and I like that she rides a warg. I wouldn't mind being her first retainer.
1622040918697.png
Gytha is also a good fighter, and I am a little sad she goes underused, and completely disappears after you retake the Winter City.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
Well, since Kurako and Lusina have already been mentioned, and I would really like either of them as companions, I would like to add Lusamine. She's a mercenary, so she's already got combat experience. Yeah, she'd probably have to quit her job, but your party could use someone with experience of the area you're in, and she's fun to talk to.

I'd also like to add Gytha Odain because she's so gosh-darn cute, and I like that she rides a warg. I wouldn't mind being her first retainer.
View attachment 17138
Gytha is also a good fighter, and I am a little sad she goes underused, and completely disappears after you retake the Winter City.

Even if we can't recruit her as a companion, I really hope Gytha shows up again (hopefully in a breedable form, as she seemed quite keen on that)

I'm halfway tempted to write her myself, but I'm not the best writer so I'm not sure if I should try

If I did, maybe I could put her as your guard in the wayfort if you become an elven vassal... That seems fitting, right?

Lotus

May 8, 2021
North
Even if we can't recruit her as a companion, I really hope Gytha shows up again (hopefully in a breedable form, as she seemed quite keen on that)

I'm halfway tempted to write her myself, but I'm not the best writer so I'm not sure if I should try

If I did, maybe I could put her as your guard in the wayfort if you become an elven vassal... That seems fitting, right?
I was thinking the same. I can write, but I'm not an erotic writer, so that'd be a new field for me.

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
I was thinking the same. I can write, but I'm not an erotic writer, so that'd be a new field for me.
Please give it a shot! For all of us Gytha lovers <3

And if you do, maybe add some breeding to her? She seemed to want that when we fuck her after all

Lotus

May 8, 2021
North
Please give it a shot! For all of us Gytha lovers <3

And if you do, maybe add some breeding to her? She seemed to want that when we fuck her after all
I'd probably first focus on a logical encounter with her. It needs to make sense why she disappeared and how you find her again, and then figure out a way to make meeting her a regular thing. I have an idea brewing, but I want to stay mostly true to was Savin was thinking for her. I'd probably have to create branching paths for her, like with Jael'yn, one where she is more corrupted and one where she is mostly untainted.
But, yes, I do think Gytha should get to be a mother if she so wishes.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
I'd probably have to create branching paths for her, like with Jael'yn, one where she is more corrupted and one where she is mostly untainted.
That sounds like a great idea to pursue if you're able to handle the extra work involved.

Lotus

May 8, 2021
North
That sounds like a great idea to pursue if you're able to handle the extra work involved.
I've returned to college, so I have some spare time. I'm thinking at the very least it will be good practice for my future projects even if this endeavor never makes the cut for implementation in the game proper. It will be fun to see how to write script for a text-based game with variables. I've sort-of made those before, but that was nothing compared to the scale of CoC2 (mine was just for practice in the Unity engine). I may be able to get started in the coming week. Remind me not to forget.

Reactions: Violyn

Raindrops

Jun 19, 2016
I've returned to college, so I have some spare time. I'm thinking at the very least it will be good practice for my future projects even if this endeavor never makes the cut for implementation in the game proper. It will be fun to see how to write script for a text-based game with variables. I've sort-of made those before, but that was nothing compared to the scale of CoC2 (mine was just for practice in the Unity engine). I may be able to get started in the coming week. Remind me not to forget.
<3<3<3

If you want someone to proofread it, I could give it a shot! I've got a little bit of experience doing so for others, so it might be helpful

Reactions: Violyn and Lotus

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
What ifs, I like.
I would recruit Evelyn just because. Senja definitely because of her magic and she's a tanuki.
I would then ditch Quin, Berry, Cait and Ryn to make room in my team. Ryn has the palace so doesn't need to be with us and Cait has her temple. I just don't like Berry or Quin.

Lotus

May 8, 2021
North
What ifs, I like.
I would recruit Evelyn just because. Senja definitely because of her magic and she's a tanuki.
I would then ditch Quin, Berry, Cait and Ryn to make room in my team. Ryn has the palace so doesn't need to be with us and Cait has her temple. I just don't like Berry or Quin.
Yeah, I don't really use Berry or Quin much... at all. I just can't figure them out gameplay-wise, or where they fit in my team dynamic.
Quin doesn't really strike me as a team mate more than that he hates Tollus... but that's a shallow reason to bring him along in the first place. No one in my group seems to particularly like him.
Berry was cute in the wild, but now that I have him in my team he's mosly in his room blasting ropes. And now he's either a grumpy bottom, or a mean top and he hasn't really got a stake in my mission more than any other person in the world...

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
And now he's either a grumpy bottom, or a mean top
I'm really hopeful that this gets better and more fleshed out in Berry's character once B's work on him is finished. I really love his work and he's a skilled writer, can't wait to take a look at how it's going to be and feel when interacting with pupper Berry.

Reactions: Lotus

Shalamar

Apr 1, 2021
Going purely on 'what would be interesting' what-if's (knowing none probably would happen) for me would be:
Valencia: For reasons pretty well summed up by BadDragoon above, the champion helps her, helps her train, if the relation forms she says she wants to spend as much time with them so far as not taking other work she could so she can stay close, and she's just so cute.
Garret: I know he pretty much already has said no and the reasons why, but this is a pure 'what-if's here
Gweyr: after completing her self-assigned quest, she'd probably be spending time with her family, but would make a skilled fighter that has fought with the champion before (yes, that would mean a probably non-sexable companion, but for me she's an interesting character that would make a fun one to have along without that)
Zo: After helping her out, she could join to see more of the world and practice those monk skills and training out in the wild with the champion

May 28, 2018
I'd run a high corruption character just to recruit master tollus at the end of the game if i could, would be a fun companion

Reactions: Gooch

wiewich

Dec 9, 2015
Gweyr: after completing her self-assigned quest, she'd probably be spending time with her family, but would make a skilled fighter that has fought with the champion before (yes, that would mean a probably non-sexable companion, but for me she's an interesting character that would make a fun one to have along without that)
that would be awesome! considering that this is the only NPC who does at least something to fight cultists and demons. But let's be honest, the old she-wolf is better off finally staying with her family. *holds back caustic comments towards Sanders, whose usefulness is quite modest considering he's a former fucking paladin! and a very powerful cleric *

Zo: After helping her out, she could join to see more of the world and practice those monk skills and training out in the wild with the champion.

Probably the best choice, zo is one of the few characters that really interested and to which you want to return just along the way. Moreover, there are teaching scenes attached to it.
Of course, I would like that as a companion, she could teach perks (For example, meditation that allows you to recharge the ultimate without the need for sleep, simply by moving after x hours, or the ability to use the encounter a second time in a battle may be a little body manipulation).
But even just as a companion, Zo will be a gorgeous character who will dilute the situation with his "comments" in sign language. Maybe even the champion can find a way to return her voice (given the number of priests and divine entities that we collect as badges, asking someone to return her voice is not that difficult)