Where to place new race?

galileo-figaro

Aug 12, 2016
tumblr_oe5jscqAPn1ruwfuho1_1280.png

(I haven't really been in the mood to draw for a while, so a bust sketch is all you get, unfortunately.)

I'm planning to write this race, with one or two NPCs that're part of it. The trouble is, I don't know where to put them. My original thought was to just stick them on their own planet that would never show up in-game, but if I want to do a combat encounter, I feel like it'd be weird if they weren't on their native planet. I almost picked Uveto just because it's the Hot New Thing, but I feel the water would be too cold for what is essentially a species of tropical fish aliens. Mhen'ga already has a lot of content, otherwise I'd stick them in there. If anyone has their own ideas, I'd love to hear them.

(Partial TF is probably as far as the player can get, to avoid bestowing certain weird perks.)

(No, the player wouldn't be able to get the TFing cum.)

Also, scenes with them would be prefaced with warnings/options to escape or back out so players don't unexpectedly end up changing their character. I wasn't even here for the Dr. Badger fiasco, but I'd like to avoid anything like that.

pls be gentle this is my first forum post

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
Cool concept IMO. Like you said, Mhen'ga actually feels really crowded now so I'm not totally sure where you'd put them; reptilian fishmen don't seem like the best fit for a snowy hellhole or, say, a planet comprised of junk. Really though, you could put them anywhere as long as you write around it.

K

Krynh

What sort of environment is the Alternate Start world supposed to have? Could put them there (although you'd have to wait).

PyrateHyena

Oct 13, 2015
I guess the alt starting planet is supposed t be some sort of post-apocalyptic wasteland. Could be lakes there and it's probably warm, so why not there. I like your design.

EDIT: You could always just write everything up as far as you can without involving the environment and decide on location later, when you can actually present some writing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zavos

May 7, 2016
my 0.02$

LOVE the concept

This concept would best fit an interplanetary(Tarvos) or the alternate starting planet.  Men'gha is the obvious choice for this type of species, but its already severely over-saturated.  Myrellion COULD work, but i think Kui-Tans have a pretty good place being the all male species going after the almost entirely female Myr. 

Transformative cum is a bit of a slippery slide.  I doubt it will invoke the rule of badger unless they appear as opponents that can rape the PC.  Steele's nanobots make even minor mutagenetic properties for the cum risky at best.  My idea for a compromise: lizard cum has a mutagenic that makes other species compatible for reproduction, with minor mods the mutagenic can make anal pregnancies possible, and the cum can be synthesized into a full TF mod for vary little.  Steele reacts to it by being temporary minor transformed to facilitate the sex scene and gaining minor transformations that wear off in a few minutes (such as scales forming around the hole used, and Steele's body in general suddenly becoming unnaturally elastic/tight) 

I had my own idea much like this that died before i could get a half decent GDoc put together.  The highlights: unnatural species, primarily created through a transformative that allowed people to adapt to a tropical planet.  (NT nod)  No "natural" breasts or nipples at all...  leading to breasts and milk being a cultural obsession.  Vary mod happy as a race because they either became lizards through mods or are descended from people who became lizards by mods.  Cultural melting pot race since they're the folk people become to leave a unsatisfactory starting race behind, so frowning on unusual transforms n other weird stuff is considered highly disrespectful.

Feel free to use any ideas for your own project if any capture your interest. 

Hmm...  maybe one alternate of transformative cum is making them able to reproduce anally. 

I REALLY want to see space lizans become a thing, particularly all-male lizans. 

galileo-figaro

Aug 12, 2016
Thanks for the input! I'll probably just write as much of them as I can until I can learn a little more about the alternate starting world, and if it doesn't really fit them, they'll just be an already-uplifted species with a couple NPCs here and there. I'm pretty set on the TF cum, but I swear there'll always be warnings/opportunities to leave so people don't get pissed. Possibly also alternate sex scenes that don't involve getting dicked so people who like the lizardfishmen can fuck them without having to join the blue man group themselves.

My thought for how the TF stuff affects the player is that they can achieve the same overall look, but the PC would probably keep their vagina if they have one, and would be unable to get the gills or the TF cum. My explanation for it was that the player's microsurgeons fight it as if it were a disease, basically, stopping it from having its full effect. The PC might still be able to get the gills, it kind of depends on if they'd end up complicating things by giving players the ability to breathe underwater.

Glad to see there's interest, though! That's always nice. 

balitz Method

Aug 13, 2016
You might just wait to see if any future planets look more conductive to them. The Fenoxofriends don't appear to have anything like a three-planets-out sort of gameplan so even they might not have a solid idea of what's coming after the alternate starter planet but it wouldn't hurt to ask if they're throwing around some planet ideas that might suit these guys.

Lashcharge

Aug 27, 2015
Well, this is a pretty good idea and I like it. Lizardmen are always a plus in my book

I assume they reproduce like a virus? Which is pretty interesting. If so technically they aren't their own species, but an SSTD.

My suggestion rather than make them a uplifted or native species, you could make them pirate race, kinda like the Thraggen are. Most of them would wander through spaces on ships seeking to infects other with their virus. Or something like that. You could make them a space encounter which is something that's going to get some work soontm.

I would suggest that the TFcum would get them as close as they can to the race without interfering with the mechanics. This includes removing a vagina and giving it gills, and yes gills are already mechanically possible in the game through there are no ways of obtaining them.

The TFcum effect is the only part that would probably need to be nullified, which I assume it already does so the player doesn't break the lore of the game by infecting random characters with the pony disease or something.

You could have the full transformation happen in a bad end, where the player gets so pumped with the viral load that it beats the nanomachines and the player fully transforms into a member of their race. And becomes their king or champion or something.

Good work so far!

Zavos

May 7, 2016
What about a Good End where full TF'd Steele rallies the lizardfolk population, then becomes a benevolent overlord after his new kindred helps him claim his inheritance? 

I hope you consider the TF cum carefully.  I'll probably want to sex them on my characters without goin lizard on non-lizard characters.  Presumably, the rest of the population without nanosurgeons could want the same at times. 

I also really would get bummed out if this got demoted to SSTD

Edit:Quick idea, what if you make the sex them TF from cum into a buff that causes TFs every 2 hours after exposure for up to x hours, with buff being removable with immunoboosters.  Probably with non rapey lizardfolk offering an immunobooster after sex.  If we borrow a little from foxfire project then this could probably work really well.   You could have them TF with cum, without invoking the rule of badger or demoting it to SSTD

Last edited by a moderator:

galileo-figaro

Aug 12, 2016
I actually really like the thought of this species being an SSTD/virus! It wouldn't change much regarding the species itself or the application of them in the game, just their history as a species, really. I promise you won't just randomly contract blue lizard disease with no actual lizardmen encountered. I just hadn't thought of them as a species from the virus/SSTD angle and I think it's really intriguing for a race of aliens. Plus, it'd make sense that the microsurgeons would fight the transformation as if it were a disease- because it totally is one!

I actually plan to have the TFing involved in the sex scenes with maybe a few taking place over time afterwards- but the friendly NPC's gonna be using some heavy-duty condoms unless the PC can convince him that they really want it. That way, you can still get some dick without having to go full lizard.

I'm feeling pretty inspired now, thanks for all the help!  B|

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
Transformative cum has the issue that many people like their characters the way they are and don't necessarily want to become a lizard just because they banged one.  Giving the race conscious control over this feature is one possible solution, and the one I'd recommend.

This sort of reproduction method suggests the race is engineered.

ham

Sep 2, 2015
This is a really cool idea. I guess the best location for them would be Mengha, however it getting quite packed now. Maybe after the Mengha expansion is released?