Where the plot will end

Chiyosuke

Oct 7, 2015
I've been away for quite a long time and I was hoping to see some progress in the storyline; but as that has not really panned out the way I hoped I'll settle for a thread.

It's fine these things take time and there is plenty of nice content to hold me over. I'd like to ask you guys where you think the story will end up? Will it be a by-the-numbers "hero gets their destiny with a few bums along the way". Will we end up losing to our cousin after all? Maybe Fen will go all M-night on us and give us a twist (you were dead aaaall aloooong!~) \

I personally would love to see some betrayal (of the non-Nice Time for Roo variety) maybe a crew-mate was feeding info to our cousin or some other organization after our birthright!.

Xeivous

Sep 21, 2015
I sincerely doubt our rival cousin will remain the main antagonist for much more than another planet or two. They're just not competent enough. Plus there's the whole tainted aspect of the game that has yet to really been gotten into that'll probably be a focus of the later stages of the game.

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
Yeah, to be honest, the Rival seems like the kind of person who needs someone to dress them. I really can't seem them being the "outwit-my-cousin-and-steal-my-uncle's-company-from-them" kind of person. They're just a spoiled rich kid who doesn't have the guts to actually do anything with any sort of effort.

There's still the whole Tainted Space region to deal with, along with several plot points that need to be tied up. There will be an ending, but I think its going to a while getting to that point.

Irrlicht

Oct 31, 2017
I think our Cousin will fail... And our Uncle, with hiss infinitly more funds and experience then our Captain Steele will step in.
Maximilian Steele, namedroped in the firt few pages, known to be the rival of our father and 'conniving bastard'...

I can see him being mostly a puppeteer, we will probably not encounter him in person.
Sending his goons carrying out orders or convincing local law-enforcement to be exspecial uncooperative, he will stay away from us. Avoid us like the pest, while being a step ahead and a knife behind our back at the same time.

Of course he will need a visual presence for the player to interact with, or even to just remember us that this burocrat is a danger to us and us specificaly.
Holograms are good for braging. No risk involved, and we know that this guy prefers as little risk as possible...
You can't attack a hologram. You can't fuck a Hologram. You can swear at it, but a prerecorded won't react...

And a live hologram? He would need to keep his nerves.
A impusive, explosive character like Cousin J makes a good rival, or a dragon. But not a good main antagonist.
Cousin J gave you allways the satisfaction of metaphorical (or not metaphorical) spit on him, and once he is defeated, probalbly even spitroasted when you wish for it...
Uncle Maximilian Steele, on the other hand? I doubt it.

And after all, who if not good old Mr. M. Steele did put J against us in te first place? They had probably not got the idea themself, and since Mr. M. Steele doesn't like to make his hands dirty, why not use his own child to outplay Victor and You and thn simply file som paper that makes all that J got his own?
Yes, I belive that our Cousin was never our actual enemy but just as little as a pawn in his fathers game, who will discart him once he proves unsucessfull...

Ryuujin83

Dec 26, 2015
Actually I believe that the cousin will actually become a much bigger threat than he/she ever was going forward.

He/she has a good opportunity to grow after what happened on Myrmellion and being alone after firing Dane. He/she could man up as to speak. Make alliances with some of your enemy factions much like you did so far yourself on your quest. It would just be wierd if after everything that has happened so far... nothing will come out of the cousin in the future.

Just my thoughts.

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Theres going to be a second main plot, tainted space, that will happen once we're 2/3 of the way through the probe plot planets.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
After beating an army of cloned, modded cousins, you finally activate the last pod. But instead of sending a signal, a hatch opens in the side, sending out a blinding, golden light.

Shielding your eyes, you take hold of your prize.

"Of course," you gasp "it all makes sense now!"

*roll credits*

Evil

Jul 18, 2017
What are you guys referencing here?
At the end of Mass Effect 3, one of the last enemies Shepard fights is a common enemy called a Marauder. Due to the difficulty of the fight (before the game was patched, Shepard had to get a couple of headshots on the Marauder for maximum damage, which was incredibly difficult due to Shepard having been in an explosion seconds before and pretty much dying) and the backlash to the ending, the fandom took to calling it "Marauder Shields" and believed it was the true hero of the game, trying to prevent Shepard from getting to the ending.

Klaptrap

Aug 27, 2015
The "Shields" part of his name is because of how normally you'd have the name and then armor or shield below it, like so:

rg6vwv4ci8ky.png