Where can I read summons stats and abilities?

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
There seems to be some on the wiki, but not too much.

I can offer you the screenshots I took. As far as I remember, however, I missed one or two summons, besides, I haven't played much since version 0.6.7 and may not know about any new allies. Please note that all of these screenshots show stats with Leadership close to maximum, only Flaming Bull seems to be an exception. In all other cases it was leadership 75 and a perk to enhance summoning.

0.6.3 Effigy (Summoner and Leadership 75)_0.jpg
As you can see, this often forgotten summon has the best accuracy of all your allies, but at the same time a whopping 6 vulnerabilities (quite decent 355 health however). I might also note that it's not very useful against opponents who can't be charmed. Due to the fact that you summon them using an item, and not Power, you can do this multiple times in the same battle, however, if you feel sorry for these little ones.
0.6.3 Flame Dancer (Summoner and Leadership 75)_0.jpg
Her health of 275 seems to be not only on the low side, but also the worst among all summons. Good firepower, especially magical, almost best accuracy (only Effigy has higher) gives frequent crits, but low health and not very good armor penetration and spell penetration, so against well-protected opponents it makes more sense to use a knight than a dancer.
0.6.3 Flame Knight (Summoner and Leadership 75)_0.jpg
A huge 470 health and 76 armor penetration (his claymore has 25 penetrating damage and 25 fire damage) look amazing, but low accuracy and only one attack with increased damage makes the knight a kind of meh, in my opinion the Dancer will almost always be better.
0.6.3 Flame Spirit (summoner and leadership 81)_0.jpg
Unfortunately, I forgot to take screenshots with Leadership 75, a big oversight on my part, there is only a screenshot with Leadership 81, in which the spirit has 365 health (judging by Effiguy, with leadership 75 it would be 355 health). But this is not too important, as you can easily see, your first summon has very mediocre stats, the only notable thing being the pure fire damage dealer (a weapon with 25 base damage).
0.6.3 Flaming bull.jpg
Technically, this is not your summon, but for the sake of completeness, I’ll add it too, especially since in any case, one comment will not be enough to mention all possible summons.
0.6.3 Frost Moth (summoner and leadership 75)_0.jpg
0.6.3 Frost Moth (summoner and leadership 75)_2.jpg
Decent defensive stats, 330 health, +66 regeneration on top of that. In terms of attack, the situation is somewhat worse, however, with good offensive stats and accuracy on par with the Flame Dancer, she does not have much damage and using the Bone Seax as a weapon does not help at all.
Also, as you can see, she's kind of weak to fire damage.
0.6.3 Grungendyr (Summoner and leadership 75)_0.jpg
Huge 530 health, two-handed weapon (technically it's a War Pick), has the same AP as the Flame Knight, but worse accuracy and penetration. The weakness in two opposing types of damage and the fact that he scares Rin also doesn't overwhelm his appeal, although I'm a little biased here.
0.6.3 Kiyoko (Summoner and Leadership 75).jpg
First of all, I don't remember how many tails she has (it seems to affect her strength as a summon). In addition, she has an average 355 health and, as you can see, her accuracy is somewhat on the low side, her spell penetration and ability set are also not very impressive. Her only notable ability that I can remember is Trick, which can leave the enemy vulnerable to blight damage, which can be useful at times.
0.6.3 Phyria (summoner and leadership 75).jpg
Her health of 335 seems to be on the low side, as far as I remember, only Flame Dancer is worse in this regard. She has accuracy on par with Flame Dancer and Frost Moth and decent penetration, but, alas, as you can see, her AP is somewhat inferior to the "strongest" fighters in the form of Flame Knight and Grungendyr, her natural weapon also looks mediocre and does not provide much damage (111 damage against Imp Warlock). Her Tail Whack seems to be able to knock down enemies, however, which can sometimes be useful.

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
The second part, due to the limit of 10 screenshots per comment.

0.6.3 Sporeling (Summoner and Leadership 70)_0.jpg0.6.3 Sporeling (Summoner and Leadership 70)_3.jpg

Her 345 health and low defensive stats aren't great, but what really makes her one of the worst options is her suicide attack, which has mediocre damage (120 damage against Crazy Horse) and only lasts a turn after being cast.
0.6.3 Stone Elemental (Summoner and Leadership 75)_0.jpg
Mediocre 470 health, weapon with 35 base damage, worst accuracy... do I need to continue? This was once a very good summon, but alas, today it is simply outdated.
0.6.3 Talsenne (summoner and leadership 75).jpg
Her skill set is decent, but 310 health, mediocre accuracy, and a simple spear as a weapon make her somewhat worse than she could be. However, she still has good magic power, decent defensive stats, and, finally, a nice set of abilities, which probably makes her one of the best summons existing today.
0.6.3 Wolf Spirit (Summoner and leadership 75)_0.jpg
Fairly mediocre stats and 355 health, the only worthy note I can make is that the wolf is technically armed with two short swords (base damage 35) and its attacks always seem to make the enemy bleed, which can be useful for thieves.

I know there are at least two more summons: Sword Soul (Corrupted Dawnsword) and Cassidy the Water Bard (Horn of the Tides), but I seem to have never seen the first one and currently have no screenshots of the second one, although I may add information about the last one later.

Akhter13

Aug 30, 2015
Firstly excellent work, but you seem to have missed out the Black mage summons
Summon Slime
Summon Lust Elemental

Off The Record

Mar 26, 2021
Thank you! (I also appreciate the analysis)

Where were you able to find the summons' stats and abilities in-game for the screenshots?

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
you seem to have missed out the Black mage summons
Well, I'm not even surprised.

Where were you able to find the summons' stats and abilities in-game for the screenshots?

Three dots below the list of effects for each character. This is how, by the way, you can find out the abilities of enemies after you use the “Sense” function.

UPDATE. Wait, that’s what your question was originally?! My bad, I didn’t understand this right away, I thought that you wanted to find out the characteristics of various summons in order to compare them with each other and determine which one is “the best”.

Last edited:
Reactions: Off The Record

Off The Record

Mar 26, 2021
Well, I'm not even surprised.

Three dots below the list of effects for each character. This is how, by the way, you can find out the abilities of enemies after you use the “Sense” function.

UPDATE. Wait, that’s what your question was originally?! My bad, I didn’t understand this right away, I thought that you wanted to find out the characteristics of various summons in order to compare them with each other and determine which one is “the best”.
No problem! Besides, your comparison still helped me.

A1teros

Dec 23, 2021
Wolf Spirit being completely immune to crushing and penetrating damage is pretty good for its survivability but it not having any really unique skills hampers it. If Kiyoko spirit has the same weapon as her normal version then her attacks should do holy damage which is nice. In the same vein, Grungendyr having blight weakness makes his hp less impressive.

SeveringCrisis

May 24, 2018
I like buffing grungendyr with blessing + song of storms and transforming him into a quasi-tank with his resistances and hp. His weakness to blight isn't important as it's very easy to heal him.

Alternatively I'll buff frost moth as I think she's pretty much a better hexblade cait imo.

Baggrin

May 16, 2019
Wolf Spirit being completely immune to crushing and penetrating damage is pretty good for its survivability

In my opinion, after the changes in version 0.5.0, summons with immunity to physical damage have somewhat lost their relevance, since due to the correct functioning of the Threat level, opponents no longer hit summons so often for it to matter.
Especially for the Wolf Spirit, which does not have much damage and poses almost no Threat.

If Kiyoko spirit has the same weapon as her normal version then her attacks should do holy damage which is nice.

It seems to me that Kiyoko never uses her weapon in her summoned form, but it was so long ago that my memory may be failing me.

In the same vein, Grungendyr having blight weakness makes his hp less impressive.

Considering how rare enemies with Holy and Blight damage are, I'd say overall this isn't that big of an issue.

I like buffing grungendyr with blessing + song of storms and transforming him into a quasi-tank with his resistances and hp.

Interesting tactic. I'm not sure how good this is (considering you have to spend two turns summoning and buffing), but it looks fun and might even be useful in some situations!

Alternatively I'll buff frost moth as I think she's pretty much a better hexblade cait imo.

This accuracy looks good (and she also gets an extra 15 accuracy from her weapon, making her arguably the best in this regard), but I would say that she is somewhat lacking in damage and armor penetration. So I would say that Hexblade!Cait will be better, especially against well-armored opponents.

P.S. Alas, I haven't had much time to play over the past week, so screenshots of all the summons I haven't mentioned will be "soon".

Reactions: Deathspacito