What's the best CoC modded version to play?

Emily Smith

Apr 20, 2021
I've been playing Xiana, Unexpanded and HGG versions of CoC but from what I've seen HGG seems to be a peados paradise (I say this because you can play as a child, include children and shag them.. that is just eww) and has cheat sword and cheat armour but doesn't seem to have Chi Chi and the soul thingy. Not sure what the difference between the first two are though. Which mod is better? Or has more/better content?

NobleLeader6

Jan 7, 2016
Based off of my own experience, each is their own thing. Unofficially Expanded takes the base CoC and either adds new scenes, or brings back cut scenes/characters, while editing some existing content. Xianxia and HGG seem (at least to my understanding) to use UE as a base for their content.

Xianxia adds soul force, a bunch of new characters and dungeons (not all characters are sexable), but has some problems when it comes to the coding and definitely some problems when it comes to grammar and sentence structure. It isn't horrible, but you may find that you have to reread scenes here and there to understand what's happening.

HGG has some good and some bad to it. On the good side, a lot of characters are interesting, sexable, and aren't children. There's also the slight addition of range to the combat system, where you can put distance between you and your enemy to make better use of your ranged weapons, but they can do the same. On the bad side, there's a bunch of child-like characters that are sexable. They try to skirt around it because they are either cursed, that's just their body type, or they are succubi cursed to look like children, but it's still just sorta there and not my thing. Thankfully (I think anyway, haven't touched HGG in a long while) there was a toggle to not have any sexual scenes involving kid-like things.

In short, UE is the most like base CoC, and Xianxia and HGG take UE in different directions. If you play Xianxia, be ready for numbers to start skyrocketing after a certain point. Did 2 ascensions (ng+'s basically), and when fighting Marae after beating Lethice, Marae had HP so high it simply displayed as 19422kk, and she regened somewhere in the range of 20 million to 200 million HP each turn. So ya know. Both your numbers and the enemy's numbers become insane after a certain point.

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Lone Wolf115

I've been playing Xiana, Unexpanded and HGG versions of CoC but from what I've seen HGG seems to be a peados paradise (I say this because you can play as a child, include children and shag them.. that is just eww) and has cheat sword and cheat armour but doesn't seem to have Chi Chi and the soul thingy. Not sure what the difference between the first two are though. Which mod is better? Or has more/better content?
You have any quick level up tips I'm currently at lv53.
To your question it depends on your opinion I've played the original not modded then Kitteh's now I'm playing Xianxia and I like it the most I started out as Nixi and became a Werewolf at some point I became a human but still look like a Werewolf.

Lurker

Sep 25, 2015
The HGG mod allows turning underage content off. That's the very first thing that I did before trying it.

1662592534420.png
1662592629799.png

shakey2

Aug 31, 2015
IMO Xianxia is the best of the 3 overall. It has more content. And I personally think it makes the best use of an ascension system. As Lord says it can suffer in the story department, but the mod is more focused on combat and giving that "xianxia" (a chinese fiction genre that the Dragon Ball universe is based on) feeling. You will enjoy it more if you are into incremental games. And it also focuses on expanding how transformation interacts with combat. You can reach some stupid levels of cheese with the right combination of transformative (chimera). That is the other fun part of the mod, experimenting with different transformations to make the most broken character you can. Xianxia is also under active development constantly pushing out small updates on a regular basis. If you do want to keep playing Xianxia, I suggest joining their discord to get latest updates as they release.

HGG last I played was far far more lacking in content, though some of the stories were somewhat interesting. As you know it has very controversial content that is a sizeable chunk of the mods additions. And an apparent dislike for Urta for some reason. Gameplay wise (the non-sexy stuff), nothing stuck out enough for me to differentiate it from UE in that sense. Aside from some of the new characters I didn't really get much out of the mod over-all. You probably won't unless you leave "that" on.

UE is abandoned since 2020 last I checked ages ago. If you don't like the concept of Xianxia, maybe just play that. Just don't get your hopes up to see it "finished" or further developed.

Last edited: