What wishes do you ask Oma to grant? (You can vote up to three times)

Which wishes did you choose?

• Wealth

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Immortality

Votes: 17 43.6%
  • Power

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • More Wishes

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Freedom

Votes: 34 87.2%
  • Sex

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • Teleportation

Votes: 19 48.7%
  • Deep Pockets

Votes: 17 43.6%

• Total voters

PalletTown

Sep 10, 2015
I feel like I'm sniping Plan B a little bit, but I'm curious about what other people asked Oma to grant them.

Tony_Redgrave

Dec 11, 2021
Freedom is obivous. Immortaility for the permanent perk. Teleportation for the waystone upgrade. I didn't really have much use for the others.

Reactions: Zeus101

Falken_Moonlight

Jul 18, 2022
Floof land
Freedom for starters, teleportation since It could be useful in a dangerous situation where there would be no way to get to the ways between without losses of some kind, and lastly power, I needed more AOE to go with my other AOE while I also had deflection on 90% of the time.

SomeNobody

Dec 18, 2020
For some reason I'm feeling jetlag at trying to keep up with the new content popping up in existing locations.
What even are the effect of wishes in the case of Oma? Its all presumably pretty tame from a gameplay perspective, nothing too gamebreaking despite being a modern-style genie limited to 3(or two really if you want them to actually work)-wishes.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Freedom is obivous. Immortaility for the permanent perk. Teleportation for the waystone upgrade. I didn't really have much use for the others.
I went Freedom > Deep Pockets > Power. While I like the Power perk, This is making me realize the I should have gone for the Teleportation perk instead of Power. The encounter power you get is really strong, but honestly I'd rather be able to teleport and maintain deep pockets. The immortality is nice but being able to double your item stack counts is just nice for convenience. Wealth is just another dupe of an item we can already get (twice) and sex is just a wasted wish. I got lucky and while I was testing I created a save file that's only about 50 days previous where I haven't done my wishes yet so I'm going to bite the bullet. Sucks to lose that progress, but a lot of it was just fooling around I think anyways. I rarely use the Power perk anyways since my character is a Summoner.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Power's fairly situational from the few times I've used it. But I think it will be strong for encounters similar to Whisper, it's literally a fire and forget nuke. In terms of most useful to least I would say it would go Teleportation > Deep Pockets > Power > Immortality > Wealth. I don't count Freedom or Sex for obvious reasons. Power is situational based on encounter type and build.

Immortality is like using a free healing item now and then, but it doesn't replace a item slot because you should still keep healing items for battle situations, which really reduces it's usefulness. If you like keeping Mare's Ring on though, this might be decent way to always be healing in and out of combat.

Teleportation will always be useful as you can enter the Ways Between whenever you want out of battle and frees you from carrying Lingering Embers.

Deep Pockets let's you stock on items while using less slots for the same amount. 10 Camping Supplies for one slot? Yes please. This also lets you wander in the wilderness for much longer to collect consumables to sell.

Wealth... you literally have two other opportunities to get the same item elsewhere in the game. Not worth. Feel like this would have been better as a Perk, even if it still didn't stack with the rings - you get the effect without needing a ring. Alas.

Listo

Aug 19, 2023
Power's fairly situational from the few times I've used it. But I think it will be strong for encounters similar to Whisper, it's literally a fire and forget nuke. In terms of most useful to least I would say it would go Teleportation > Deep Pockets > Power > Immortality > Wealth. I don't count Freedom or Sex for obvious reasons. Power is situational based on encounter type and build.

Immortality is like using a free healing item now and then, but it doesn't replace a item slot because you should still keep healing items for battle situations, which really reduces it's usefulness. If you like keeping Mare's Ring on though, this might be decent way to always be healing in and out of combat.

Teleportation will always be useful as you can enter the Ways Between whenever you want out of battle and frees you from carrying Lingering Embers.

Deep Pockets let's you stock on items while using less slots for the same amount. 10 Camping Supplies for one slot? Yes please. This also lets you wander in the wilderness for much longer to collect consumables to sell.

Wealth... you literally have two other opportunities to get the same item elsewhere in the game. Not worth. Feel like this would have been better as a Perk, even if it still didn't stack with the rings - you get the effect without needing a ring. Alas.
There’s two dragons inside of me. One wants more hoarding capacity, cause duh, the other wants regeneration, even if minor, cause that just seems like something dragons should/would have.

Tony_Redgrave

Dec 11, 2021
I went Freedom > Deep Pockets > Power. While I like the Power perk, This is making me realize the I should have gone for the Teleportation perk instead of Power. The encounter power you get is really strong, but honestly I'd rather be able to teleport and maintain deep pockets. The immortality is nice but being able to double your item stack counts is just nice for convenience. Wealth is just another dupe of an item we can already get (twice) and sex is just a wasted wish. I got lucky and while I was testing I created a save file that's only about 50 days previous where I haven't done my wishes yet so I'm going to bite the bullet. Sucks to lose that progress, but a lot of it was just fooling around I think anyways. I rarely use the Power perk anyways since my character is a Summoner.

I was going to choose Deep Pockets over Teleportation, until I looked in my inventory and realised I can probably count on one hand the number of times I've actually had more than one stack of the same item. Half my inventory at the moment is filled with consumables that I don't even use; things like Winterstem, Rations, Tears etc. I was going to choose Power, but it would be pointless unless it was for something I would definitely replace my encounter slot with (Flames Within).

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
I ended up going back to a save file I took to check something which ended up being about 40ish days earlier than the current but it was right before I used the lamp so I took it so I could get Deep Pockets and Teleportation. No regrets. I'm mostly doing it so I can have at least 10 camping supplies in a single slot and quick ways between access LOL. I tend to collect a lot of stuff. Plus I always have at least two tears, lyric and ashe. So not needing embers and having plenty of camps for those areas where you can only sleep in it for a single night is useful. I also plenty of Wyvern Venom, Winterstem, and Naptha for events. I'm debating Leanstones too but you literally just need Wyvern Venom and Naptha for most events... I also keep a few Grenades on me for the random event and/or hard fight. Rest of the space is for random drops. I've literally kept every unique I've gotten so far and it always gets to the point I have to drop stuff now and then. So saved space is nice.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Freedom for Oma.
Deep Pockets for Lyric.
Teleportation for my own utility — imo the button is hidden too deep in menus.
I agree, but counterpoint - it actually gives us a reason to actually check key items. Like seriously, before Oma I could probably count on both hands the number of times I even checked that menu.

Reactions: valkyr42

mbezzo

Jun 7, 2024
Obviously Freedom first.

For me, Power is the only one that gives something unique that can't be replaced, and I actually find the power really good and incorporated it into my main build now.

The remaining choice is between Immortality, Deep Pockets and Teleportation, all of which essentially result in saving inventory space since their effects boil down to being inventory-related - Immortality saves you a slot for healing items but only works on yourself and outside combat, Deep Pockets saves you either nothing or as many slots as you have with more than 1 stack of the same item, and Teleportation saves you a slot for embers. Personally I barely even use items besides a few basics for events and the only thing I wish I could save slots on are Kaerilla's Tears but Deep Pockets doesn't work on that so I just chose Immortality because it's a passive/automatic convenience for any forced-solo segments, although it seems to be bugged for the Vision Quest dungeon and didn't work there for some reason.

Reactions: Lawfulgoodpaladin