What voice do you associate with what NPC?

Doeber

Feb 23, 2017
Thought I'd start a fun little thread sharing what voice we associate with what character in the game. What voice pops up in your head for that certain NPC when reading their lines? Is it some famous celebrity or actor or perhaps someone from your personal life?

I recently finished the Convocation of Mirrors event and I immediately associated Liam O'Brien and Laura Bailey's half-elf twins Vax'ildan and Vex'ahlia from Critical Role with the Frostscale Salamander half-siblings. It boosted my enjoyment of the event so much and really breathed life into the characters that much more. And that plot twist! Whew! Did NOT see that coming! Props to Savin and TheObserver and the rest of the team for this magnificent game! This game deserves so much more than to be written off as mere tasteless smut (Though there is plenty of it! ;P). This is rapidly turning out to be one of my favourite fantasy worlds and I thoroughly enjoy experiencing it every day.

I realize I've gone rather off-topic, but nevertheless! The team deserves plenty of praise for its work.

I also associate Skyrim's Orsimer voice actors with this game's orcs, which is a bit of a shame since now all the female and male orcs sound more or less the same. I should really acquaint myself with the voices of orc characters from the Warcraft franchise to try and diversify my "cast."

So, what about you? What voice do you associate with what NPC?

Edit: Also, Ashley Johnson is Atugia.

Last edited:

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
A lifetime of Rpgs has taught me everyone is british till proven otherwise cept dwarves all dwarves are scottish.
Haha. I don't mind the severe British English overrepresentation in acting and voiceover, but it's nice to be able to imagine other voices for a text-based game.

Then again, sometimes when it feels like there's a clear connection, I fall into the habit of reading characters in certain voices, too. Like Brint, for example, who in my head is voiced by Freddie Prinze Jr. and who sounds remarkably like a somewhat younger Iron Bull. I'm pretty sure that that was intended, at least at some point in his development.
I recently finished the Convocation of Mirrors event and I immediately associated Liam O'Brien and Laura Bailey's half-elf twins Vax'ildan and Vex'ahlia from Critical Role with the Frostscale Salamander half-siblings.
I'm not familiar with Critical Role, although knowing what those voice actors sound like, I can see it. I've always thought of them as speaking Greek-accented English, with Ria hissing (unwritten) "malákas" at Ander whenever he does something stupid or obnoxious, which is all the time.

Last edited:

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Cait is voiced Carly Rae Jepsen.

Kiyoko is voiced by Sigrid.

Brint is voiced by Kieth David to me.

Quin is voiced Gilbert Gottfried. I'm kidding, I'm actually thinking Antonio Banderas.

OofS

Apr 26, 2019
James Charles for Sugo

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
Quin is voiced Gilbert Gottfried.
Holy shit. If we're playing that game...

Atugia - Roseanne Barr
Brint - Bobcat Goldthwait
Kiyoko - Carol Channing
Etheryn - Kristen Schaal
Arona - Fran Drescher

Reactions: sumgai

Doeber

Feb 23, 2017
mrw my thread devolves into everyone assigning ridiculous voices to various NPCs:

d7ECSbm.png

Violyn

Jan 3, 2017
Damn, everybody remembers actor names for npcs, but i only remember the names of their characters/roles, i'll research the actor later if anybody's curious, but these are the ones i can remember right now

Champion - Athena from Borderlands/Lydia Mackay (not an npc but i thought why not)
Kasyrra - Evelynn from League of Legends
Kiyoko - TeacupAudio (from a asmr~ish and rp audios channel on yt)
Kinu - Serana from Skyrim/Laura Bailey
Komari - Shohreh Aghdashloo (love her voice makes Komari that much more ancient and badass to me)
Kurako - Saadia from Skyrim
Keros - Yasuo from League of Legends/Liam O'Brien
Takahiro - Junichi Suwabe (he voiced Leone Abbacchio in jojo season 5)
Nakano - Kayn from League of Legends/Robbie Daymond
Kohaku - Senko from Sewayaki Kitsune no Senko-san (although it's a bit thicker) - blame the nojya ^^
Brint - Winston from overwatch
Brienne - Lydia from Skyrim
Cait - Jinx from League of Legends (i imagine her voice a bit thicker though)
Atugia - SunnydaleBound from r/GoneWildAudio
Vari - Lipstickandhairpins from r/GoneWildaudio
Evergreen - Moxxi from Borderlands/Brina Palencia
Meira - Jinx (original thin af voice)
Arona - Paula Patton/Garona from the WoW movie (felt like this voice fit her more than Garona's voice from Battle for Azeroth)
Miko - Gaige from Borderlands/Cherami Leigh

Last edited:
Reactions: sumgai

sumgai

Jul 17, 2017
Some more: Berry is Simon Le Bon from Duran Duran.

Harpy Wingleader is Lucia Cifarelli from KMFDM.

I'm thinking Etheryn is Sissy Spacek.

Atuiga is voiced by Chloë Agnew from Celtic Woman.

FrostLed

Aug 24, 2020
Whisper (The Mecian[Mouse] cult member) is a high pitched Darth Vader in my head (though slightly scratchier)

The video “Darth Vader on Helium” is a good reference if you wanna know what that sounds like.

KAZEARC

Aug 26, 2020
london
Cait, twilight sparkle
Brint, jotoro/ thor
Brienne, adora (she,ra)
etheryn, lux league of legends.
kasyrra, starlight glimmer
arona, scorpia (she,ra)
atugia, anna (frozen)
garth, jarl balgruuf,

Last edited:

Fleep

Oct 24, 2018
Man, I think I'm too much of a weeb, but to me Brint's voice is definitely like Abaccio from JJBA or Archer from Fate Stay Night (also that guy Yami from Black Clover, jap version obviously), and that one is the only one I have clear, the rest are more difficult.

I would say:

Cait's voice is like Poppy from LoL kinda (english this time)
Mai sounds like Revy from Black Lagoon (jap).
Evelyn like Lady Mary from Downton Abbey (for some reason)

And that's all I got from now. I'll think about it next time I play, might get some new voices.

Reactions: Wsan