What quests are considered to be dead-ends in the game currently

Rocketman

Jul 16, 2017
I was reading a post about one of our members that asked about the java port of TiTs (as they haven't played in years) and one of the replies talked about the Hand-So quest like it was a dead-end or that it's content is likely to never be completed.

"There's no plans to remove content at present, though some dead ends (like taking Hand So) may have their buttons removed as part of cleanup."

So that got me to wondering, what other quests are considered to be dead -end quests that might be changed or removed in the future port or updates to the game?

Bobonga

Aug 13, 2021
Bess/Ben, the Sexbot you can find and recruit on Tarkus. They have a romance path that was never finished. As far as I know, no one works on Bess/Ben anymore. Another problem is that you can't remove them from your ship once recruited, atleast not without the use of the editor. This is the reason why most peolpe just sell them.

Your choice if the romance path counts as a quest, but I wouldn't be surprised if Bess/Ben gets removed entirely.

Rocketman

Jul 16, 2017
To be completely honest, I fully expected Bess/Ben to be removed as the author has long since left and NO one was able to fill those shoes.

Can I safely assume that any quest that is unfinished because the author left or disappeared will be removed at some point?

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Kinda pointless keeping an unfinished NPC in game.. esp since they have to redo it all again, so why waste their time.

Lorgardideverythingwrong

Sep 16, 2019
Could take the time and try and finish it. Could simply leave it there for the people that like it. Plenty of larger studios with more time and bigger teams have left uncompleted things in games. Or things that were only really somewhat done. Just look at Bethesda.

SmithEK

Apr 20, 2021
Could take the time and try and finish it. Could simply leave it there for the people that like it. Plenty of larger studios with more time and bigger teams have left uncompleted things in games. Or things that were only really somewhat done. Just look at Bethesda.
Again with them moving over to JS Port, it will be a waste of their time to code/whatever an incomplete character.. where on this very forum has been said that Bess isn't getting more content.