What made The Devs decide to include slavery as part of the CoC2 world?

Melakoth

Jul 22, 2021
The topic reminds me. Are the Harem cats you rescue from Hirrud your slaves? Or are they more like concubines/wives?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
The topic reminds me. Are the Harem cats you rescue from Hirrud your slaves? Or are they more like concubines/wives?
That is entirely dependent on you.

I'm not disturbed or anything, I ask out of genuine curiosity.
Historicity, as PT and Wolf have said.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Id honestly say more conqubines then slaves, since by all means they just sort vibe at the frost hound most of the time.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
He probably thinks that slavery is in the banned content list, or in Patreon's community guidelines for what isn't allowed in sexual content (since that informs what isn't allowed in CoC2). It isn't in either the banned content nor the community guidelines. I don't know of any place in which it's been said by someone on the team that slavery or participating in the slave trade wouldn't be allowed. In fact, in the coc2 channel of the discord, I saw this said by Savin:
1654133374592.png
It's not going to be added, it was a response to the question "If there was one feature you could add to the game that you normally wouldn't be able to- too much time needed, fans wouldn't like it, nightmare to write and program, etc. etc., what would it be?" Given that that's his response, it's too much work to actually make and add it, but still, it shows that he's open to the Champ doing more slavery, even if he won't be adding it.

Based on this, you could, perhaps, say that we won't be getting the ability to participate in the slave trade, because of the too much work thing, but I feel like some limited form of it would still be allowed, where there's a few npcs written to be slaves and potentially bought by the Champ. Since, the thing that's too much work is an entire feature/system with "semi-procedural" characters. If some writers were to write some slaves, and submit them as npcs, they may get accepted, given that they're not on banned content.

Reactions: wery12345 and Savin

Melakoth

Jul 22, 2021
He probably thinks that slavery is in the banned content list, or in Patreon's community guidelines for what isn't allowed in sexual content (since that informs what isn't allowed in CoC2). It isn't in either the banned content nor the community guidelines. I don't know of any place in which it's been said by someone on the team that slavery or participating in the slave trade wouldn't be allowed. In fact, in the coc2 channel of the discord, I saw this said by Savin:
It's not going to be added, it was a response to the question "If there was one feature you could add to the game that you normally wouldn't be able to- too much time needed, fans wouldn't like it, nightmare to write and program, etc. etc., what would it be?" Given that that's his response, it's too much work to actually make and add it, but still, it shows that he's open to the Champ doing more slavery, even if he won't be adding it.

Based on this, you could, perhaps, say that we won't be getting the ability to participate in the slave trade, because of the too much work thing, but I feel like some limited form of it would still be allowed, where there's a few npcs written to be slaves and potentially bought by the Champ. Since, the thing that's too much work is an entire feature/system with "semi-procedural" characters. If some writers were to write some slaves, and submit them as npcs, they may get accepted, given that they're not on banned content.
How does content getting added to the game work?

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Id assumed its banned by patreon because they are very uh, weird with when they say something is a go or no go.

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
How does content getting added to the game work?
Anyone can write something, and submit it. If you happen to be planning on writing something, I recommend going to the Event Submissions part of the forum and reading all of the pinned threads (note: there's a lot of words there). There's a lot of valuable information for writing a submission. As for the actual submission, the bottom of the Event Writer's Guide thread has a link to a google survey thing in which you can submit a doc containing the work, or you can post a link to the doc in a thread in the Event Submissions subforum, with the thread title starting with "[Submitted]" and message Savin about it. It then gets reviewed, and if it passes the review, it gets passed on to the coders.

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
As for the actual submission, the bottom of the Event Writer's Guide thread has a link to a google survey thing in which you can submit a doc containing the work, or you can post a link to the doc in a thread in the Event Submissions subforum, with the thread title starting with "[Submitted]" and message Savin about it.
I recommend just using the Google Form. That way, it goes right to the review queue via Balak.

Reactions: Tide Hunter

Melakoth

Jul 22, 2021
Anyone can write something, and submit it. If you happen to be planning on writing something, I recommend going to the Event Submissions part of the forum and reading all of the pinned threads (note: there's a lot of words there). There's a lot of valuable information for writing a submission. As for the actual submission, the bottom of the Event Writer's Guide thread has a link to a google survey thing in which you can submit a doc containing the work, or you can post a link to the doc in a thread in the Event Submissions subforum, with the thread title starting with "[Submitted]" and message Savin about it. It then gets reviewed, and if it passes the review, it gets passed on to the coders.
Ehhhh, the only thing is, is that all my talent lies in reading and narrating, not writing.

I take it that paying others to write content isn't a thing?

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
Ehhhh, the only thing is, is that all my talent lies in reading and narrating, not writing.

I take it that paying others to write content isn't a thing?
I'm fairly certain that there are several writers for CoC2 and TiTS who accept commissions to write characters. I don't know who does, except for BubbleLord, who's content "hub" includes this line: "If you would like to commission something, please PM me to discuss it and the price. Do not post about it here. This post holds a catalog of every submission I have and its current state." There's almost certainly some others who would take commissions, you just gotta find them if you want to.

Melakoth

Jul 22, 2021
So if we did have either one or more characters written as slaves that the champion could buy, any idea on how they could be gotten?

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
So if we did have either one or more characters written as slaves that the champion could buy, any idea on how they could be gotten?
There's several possible methods, but they all boil down to "have some npc who you buy them from"

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
Whatever floats your boat or you want to write. I have some idea for slavery content since it is my jam, but it is way down the line.

Melakoth

Jul 22, 2021
Whatever floats your boat or you want to write. I have some idea for slavery content since it is my jam, but it is way down the line.
Yeeeaahh, like I told Tide, I have no talent in writing so I'm just gonna have to pay someone to write such content lmao