What is your favorite thematic build ?

Arzells

Jun 23, 2023
I'm curious of what other people play as in term of roleplay or fun build idea, maybe a little in head cannon for their mc or change throughout the story.

For my part i like to run a regular human until the Convocation of mirror event then go to a frost salamander focus in magic and maybe in the future a dragon i dont know yet.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I run a black mage/charmer that's conscious about that one part of Savarra being a very cold place.

Anonymous Bat

Feb 16, 2023
My favorite "RP" build is going full alchemist: maximum cunning, acid flask/estrus flask, crackle powder, maybe smoke bomb (it's really bad, though...), and copious use of consumable items (which are also pretty bad, but at least don't cost a power slot). Now I just need an alchemy themed at-will power and ultimate power; some kind of "apothecary stance" which makes consumables less terrible would be an ideal at-will, but I haven't thought of an ultimate. Maybe an elixir which makes you hulk out, à la Dr. Jekyl and Mr. Hyde?

WISDOM

Jun 24, 2023
My RP save/build goes something like this:
White Mage with the Acolyte background.
Good boy, his faith is a big part of his identity.
Beats the Convocation.
No longer a good boy, so horribly depressed, jaded, and angry that he can't cast White Magic anymore.
Transitions into a Black Mage and devolves into rampant hedonism to cope.

Reactions: Ace Hangman

Cheeky-Goblin

Feb 12, 2024
The one I’m using at the moment is a human Noble Scion, black mage who has an obsession with dark magical secrets. She is very sweet and maybe a little too eager to uncover forgotten magic. She’s a pyromancer with some summoning abilities.

I have plans to turn her in to an Astrida. I imagine that she becomes kind of depressed because she pretty much whored her soul out for power and now she has lost something she can never get back for a power that she “bought” instead of earned

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I have a few of these for different Champs. My main one uses a Paladin-esque build based on her upbringing (see here) replacing some of her powers with Valkyrie equivalents once she did that soulbind. She's been acquiring a stock of suitably heroic gear over the course of her adventure.

My only extensively TF'd Champ is my cowgirl,who did it ASAP after starting the game, see here. Basically, it's Kas' sexy pheromones' fault.

Oh, and gameplay-wise I have my White Mage who I've elsewhere described as 'Trappy Boy-Rosa', since his build is inspired by old-school Final Fantasy White Mages, back when they used bows as well. So he's got a mix of archery-themed powers and white magic that I rotate between depending on what's useful at the time. He may end up joining the Astrida, I haven't decided yet whether I do that permanently or just use him to explore their content.

Reactions: Cheeky-Goblin

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
The current character I'm running is a male human Black Mage with an Arcanist background. Prefers a Summoner style of spellcasting with primarily a Warlock vibe, using fire, blight, and psychic magic. Doesn't want to become a Demon but tries to maintain a balance (read: Tainted) to see if he can exploit it as a power source... and the reduction of inhibitions is a plus. Binds himself to Keros as a means to stop Kas from taking his soul (also for floof wife). While he likes Kas and wants to redeem her, he absolutely doesn't trust her to give up on trying to take it. After binding and becoming a Champion, he will also use some white magic, becoming more of a Red Mage.

Reactions: Cheeky-Goblin

Cheeky-Goblin

Feb 12, 2024
The current character I'm running is a male human Black Mage with an Arcanist background. Prefers a Summoner style of spellcasting with primarily a Warlock vibe, using fire, blight, and psychic magic. Doesn't want to become a Demon but tries to maintain a balance (read: Tainted) to see if he can exploit it as a power source... and the reduction of inhibitions is a plus. Binds himself to Keros as a means to stop Kas from taking his soul (also for floof wife). While he likes Kas and wants to redeem her, he absolutely doesn't trust her to give up on trying to take it. After binding and becoming a Champion, he will also use some white magic, becoming more of a Red Mage.
your character sounds awesome! I like how you’ve made choices based on your characters personality. make me feel a little self conscious. I wish I was better at explaining my characters and coming up with backstories

Reactions: IraMorti

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Thanks! It's fun to think about the little things to give your character that something extra, even if it's just your head-canon. Also I can relate to the explaining thing, sometimes articulating what to convey is hard.

KazTheRipper

May 2, 2024
My favorite run is a cowgirl Black Mage with plant skin and eyes. In my head her father was a alchemist who's life goal was to breed 'Flavored' cowgirls. She's Mint Chocolate haha.