What is Thickness?

DaisukeKaiser

Apr 23, 2020
I was curious about my companion's body stats so I looked at Cait's and its like 30 but Brienne is only 5... So my question is.. What exactly is "thickness"? I was under the impression that it was the size of your frame, but that can't be the case can it?

TheShepard256

In TiTS, if your tone is high, thickness actually acts like more muscles, pushing you from lithe athlete into body builder size, is it different in CoC 2?
Comments in the TiTS source code (especially in relation to BMI) imply that 0 Thickness is right on the cusp of being considered underweight, and similarly 100 Thickness is on the cusp of overweight, regardless of Tone. It could be that Thickness enhances the appearance of muscles without actually changing the underlying muscle structure (which is determined by Tone), hence the above table. Thickness - Tone (minimum of 0) also increases breast, butt and belly weight, and effective belly size for descriptive purposes. I presume CoC2 uses the same or similar logic.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
is it different in CoC 2

Nope, exact same system. Just like in the real world, strongmen actually need a shitload of thicc. Look at the world's strongest man. Or Arona for that matter. She's got that belly going on, but also rippling muscle.

Shura

Apr 15, 2018
Thickness is basically your bodyfat% as a game mechanic. Brienne is firm and athletic (giant beefers aside); Cait is very squishy and soft.

Based on how descriptions shift around, I always thought thickness on its own is just how wide/chunky someone is (from the waist up anyway since hip size seems to be independent) regardless of musculature while tone is the body fat percentage. XD

So does that mean us THICC Champs with max tone just have more visceral fat? :p

Reactions: Lone Wolf115

Wsan

Scientist
Creator
Jan 8, 2016
You're going to have to accept that 99.9% of people don't understand bodyfat, or bodybuilding, and the job of a game developer is to communicate concepts to the masses in a way they will understand. It doesn't map perfectly to reality, no, but the system is pretty good at what it does. Professional BBs are by definition the most extreme of outliers.

Malpha

Feb 22, 2016
Eugh, that kind of body building is just disgusting to look at. Look like overly tight sausages ready to explode out their skin 'cause they flexed a little too hard.

Emerald

Jun 8, 2016
Well, if in any way a body builder physique treats the character as having any fat whatsoever then all i can do is refer to this image with a question mark:
View attachment 13015
Where the fat?
God that does NOT look natural...
Oh wait, cuz it ain't.

Paradox01

Feb 8, 2020
USA
I see thickness and tone being two sliding scales. If you go high thickness and high tone, you get the above bodybuilder. If you go low thickness and high tone, you get Bruce Lee.

Also, I can't read the title of this thread without getting this stuck in my head.

Cylcosin

Mar 20, 2022
So my question is this... : How do I go about doing this? cause unlike everyone else, i want my female thief to have them bbw pawg hips and booty, while maintaining a little pudge on the belly. Purple Eggs help, but still make the belly bigger.

OribieND

Feb 20, 2022
So my question is this... : How do I go about doing this? cause unlike everyone else, i want my female thief to have them bbw pawg hips and booty, while maintaining a little pudge on the belly. Purple Eggs help, but still make the belly bigger.
Different transformative items and gear can raise your champion's Butt Rating and Hips Rating without raising other parameter. For exemple the bottom heavy belt will raise the Butt Rating each time the champion get anallly filled (if the belt is equipped when it happen)

Cylcosin

Mar 20, 2022
Different transformative items and gear can raise your champion's Butt Rating and Hips Rating without raising other parameter. For exemple the bottom heavy belt will raise the Butt Rating each time the champion get anallly filled (if the belt is equipped when it happen)
Yeah, I kinda just found that out, atm. I was looking at the wiki, and found out that these eggs can be infused with certain reagents, like the juicy peach to make a concoction that focuses only on the desired areas.

Only issue is that it's a tedious process. Butt rating currently at 19, and hip rating is 20, while belly rating is 6.

luciel1331

Oct 20, 2021
Actually looking at this thread made me curious. How does the raw belly rating work? I read the wiki page and it says it doesn't increase because it's based on body types. I know belly rating can be changed by cum inflation/pregnancy but that doesn't impact raw belly rating.

But I was playing around with this champ that started with thick physique (tone:50, thickness:65) to Amazonian physique (tone:75, thickness:35) and the raw belly rating stayed the same despite changing body types. The raw belly rating started as 6 (thick physique) and it remained 6 even though for Amazonian physique, the raw belly rating should be 3.

Another example is there's a champ that started with slender physique (tone:30, thickness:20) to thick physique (tone:49, thickness:30) and the raw belly rating did not shift from 1 (slender) to 6 (thick) according to body types.

So does that mean raw belly rating is decided by the body type you choose at the character creation?

OribieND

Feb 20, 2022
Hornet sting seems to be able to influence belly rating
1647795561466.png

But is it touching the raw stats, I have no idea

Tide Hunter

May 4, 2019
So does that mean raw belly rating is decided by the body type you choose at the character creation?
Pretty sure that's it. Outside of Hornet Sting, apparently, and outside of pregnancy/inflation, your belly size stays completely stagnant after creation. It's determined by the body type you start with, the stat is completely independent of the other stats.

luciel1331

Oct 20, 2021
Hornet sting seems to be able to influence belly rating
View attachment 22478
But is it touching the raw stats, I have no idea
Hmm didn't know that before. But does it actually affect raw belly rating? Because soon as I saw this post and I played it around with it by taking the hornet sting raw. It does affect height, tone, thickness, hip and butt rating, but it doesn't do squat to raw belly rating. Tried it with 2 different pcs with different body types (slender and thick physique) but yeah the raw belly rating stays the same. Seems to further prove body type you choose at character creation determines the raw belly rating and it doesn't change with outside factors.

Tenalc13

Mar 16, 2020
Someone mentioned on the forum that the belly rating is the size of your intestines. Like, if you're thin on your own, it's unlikely you'll have large internal organs. And accordingly, this does not change with increasing thickness or tone.

Erzulie

Oct 4, 2021
Belly Rating is defined as how big and noticeable the belly is, and is based on two things: Belly Rating and Raw Belly Rating. While Raw Belly Rating cannot be increased, as it is based on the character's body type (see Character Creation Appearance), Belly Rating can be increased through factors such as Cum Inflation and Pregnancy.

Emphasis in the original. So set that belly at character generation and embrace belly contentment.

Reactions: luciel1331

luciel1331

Oct 20, 2021
Emphasis in the original. So set that belly at character generation and embrace belly contentment.
Dammit I did read through that whole passage and totally missed the emphasis. Thank you. In that case I wonder how the hornet sting bypassed that rating...oh well I'll embrace the belly

Last edited:

OribieND

Feb 20, 2022
Dammit I did read thought that whole passage and totally missed the emphasis. Thank you. In that case I wonder how the hornet sting bypassed that rating...oh well I'll embrace the belly
Maybe if was some sort of typo while editing that wiki page or something that was scrapped in an update?