What is the purpose of the Night Watch function?

Feb 2, 2016
Jojo, Helia and Kiha can all be told to stand guard over the camp at night. What is the function of this? I have not seen anything happen out of the ordinary while they are guarding.

Etis

Creator
Aug 26, 2015
That's exactly the point - you would not be disturbed at night when someone is on guard.

Fully Automated

Oct 11, 2015
Though you probably wouldn't be anyway since the imp gangrapes now only trigger if you've given birth to imps or have lethicite piercings. Back when I played CoC for the first time, I walked around for a couple of days finding nothing but imps, then got gangraped by them on the third night, then quit.

Feb 2, 2016
I don't remember ever getting ganked overnight at all, ever. I thought it was because I was playing on Normal difficulty. It would be interesting to have some sort of random night encounter happen in which you would have to fight off something without your armor or something like that. or maybe wake up hearing one of your friends engaged in combat and you have to scurry out to help them.

Woider

Aug 26, 2015
Denmark
I don't remember ever getting ganked overnight at all, ever. I thought it was because I was playing on Normal difficulty. It would be interesting to have some sort of random night encounter happen in which you would have to fight off something without your armor or something like that. or maybe wake up hearing one of your friends engaged in combat and you have to scurry out to help them.

Or, of course, waking up to the sounds of them getting fucked in every imaginable hole.

Kitsune Lord Momiji

Jan 12, 2016
Hawkethorne

It only really is something you have to worry about if you're a female character who loses often to imps.

Digital Terror

Feb 12, 2016
Could be because I play the CoC revamp mod on Hardcore Extreme mode, but I had them show up on the 3rd night even though I had not encountered an imp at all in the game yet.  Hadn't planned on trying to recruit jojo until I was ready to start reducing corruption (if ever), but that event was great incentive to change track quick!

Mei97

Aug 28, 2015
Sometimes if you have kid A on watch you'll find her fighting an imp

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
Once I get further in ActionScript 3 I will think about creating some events that occur with groups attacking the camp. May even create a small questline behind one of them. Could be good practice for when I decide to start work on a new area.

Hizor

Feb 23, 2016
Okay. It's official! 

I'm beginning work on coding Camp Attacks.