What is the difference between the ZIP Install and SWF versions?

Kaiio

Dec 30, 2015
Is there a reason to prefer one over the other? The ZIP Install is bigger by almost 20MB, is it because of the built-in flash player? Is that the only reason?

What about bugs, is one version faster and/or more stable than the other?

Starstruck

Dec 11, 2015
I'm kinda curious about this myself to be honest, or rather more importantly... what happens to my save files when at the end of every month I upgrade to a the latest version of TiTs AIR.

Grimoire

Jun 15, 2018
Florida
www.patreon.com
I think the ZIP version is preferred over the SWF version for Android users that can't use certain browsers because Flash list support and is discontinued. Because the SWF can use an older version of Internet Explorer to run, that is more suitable for PC players who can run the game faster and have more resolution to work with versus the ZIP files for Android users. The buttons for Android can be quite small to work with if you have a small phone.

I can't say for AIR versions of the game.

Google Chrome had a problem running SWF files so some opt in to using the old IE browser than Microsoft Edge which drags and may or may not work (from my hardware anyways). I will note that Android ZIP can affect battery drainage faster given that it runs in the background of most devices and isn't typically recognized as a "legitimate" app from the Play Store which can cause it's own set of problems upon installation if you're not use to using it outside of desktop versions.

PC version is the best for Save Editing and organizing your saves neatly and prevent them from being erased when clearing browsers if you run then exclusively on browsers. Those are my two sense on the matter. The Desktop version of Fenoxo's games get updated frequently versus the other versions while the others take sometime to get caught up with each new release. Bugs are common as some versions work on some devices while others do not.

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
Is there a reason to prefer one over the other? The ZIP Install is bigger by almost 20MB, is it because of the built-in flash player? Is that the only reason?

What about bugs, is one version faster and/or more stable than the other?

No, Yes,

No.

The ZIP version exists because most browsers have already deprecated Flash and it will stop existing altogether soon. That's all.