What is the age of concent/adulthood for each TiTS species?

MeepTheChangeling

Jul 9, 2018
The title, basicaly. I'm just wondering if it's a blanket "every species is an adult at 18", or if Gyrvans are adults at like 31, humans at 18, Azur at 16, and so on.

Mar 11, 2021
I remember the Matisar lady on Mhen’ga saying her kind reach maturity at 12, and when you look at their codex entry they have a pretty short lifespan of 40-50yrs. Actually having a lifespan, and especially age-of-adulthood, info in the codex entries seems really hit or miss though. The Gryvan entry says 20yrs for them. Maybe assume 18 with any race that doesn't have it otherwise stated? The ones that do mention lifespan have it just below generalized appearance information.

TheShepard256

The only ones I remember off the top of my head are that humans are adults at 18, ausar at 15 and gryvain at 20, and those are all in the Codex entries. Also from the Codex entries: half-human half-ausars at 18, essyras at 1, korgonne at 25-30, milodan at 16, rasvkel at 2 or more, vanae at 14, anatae at 5, dzaan at 15, laquines at ~10, matisar at 12, fanfir at 20, siel at 16, saurmorians at 15 (males) or 20 (females), spinnarans at 12-15, toves at 20 and vultaptra at 10. Given that the age of consent for humans is 16, I'd imagine most races have ages of consent a bit lower than their age of adulthood. As for speculating:
  • Shade was barely 18 when she got pregnant, but mentions (in the context of Astra wanting to have been born a few years earlier) that it would've been worse if she were underage, so kaithrit are presumably adults at 18, but it could be as young as 16.
  • Savin's said that the Queen of the Deep (who has made many attempts to have kids in the past) is about 3 years old, and her daughters the Water Princesses only get large breasts once they've reached 2 years old. Presumably, their species matures at 2.
  • Sydians undergo puberty between 11 and 13, but since they're descended from, or at least closely related to, humans they might not be fully mature until 18.
  • Zaika are noted to mature relatively quickly and are much more developed upon hatching than typical mammals. I'd assume this means they mature in a single-digit number of years.
  • Galotians and ganrael are presumably capable of reproducing very soon after they've split off from their parents; like, days instead of years. I don't think ages of consent or adulthood would apply to them.
  • Kerokoras grow limbs at 1 year, become adults shortly after, and can breed shortly after that, but aren't allowed to contribute to their tribe for a few more years after that. It's plausible that their age of consent is actually greater than their age of adulthood.
  • Ovir begin puberty at 16, so I'd assume they're adults significantly later than 18.
  • Rahn attain sapience shortly after being fully grown at ~2 weeks, so they're likely adults by the time they reach 3 weeks.
  • Rodenians mature at 13-14 years, but females don't ovulate until their late 20's; the latter is suspected to be by design rather than natural, so I'd go with the former as their age of adulthood.
  • Saeri are the same species as siel (and the majority are born as siel), so they presumably also mature at 16.
  • Simii reproduce identically to humans, so I'd assume they also mature identically; consent at 16, adult at 18.
  • Fhan'i are almost certainly the same species as vanae, so I'd say they also mature at 14.
  • Considering how roehm have a long lifespan and stereotypically take more time to do anything than other species, it's likely they mature slower than other species.
I've no idea for any of the other species as neither their Codex entries nor any NPC interactions I know of have anything to go off of (there might be something for the one whose entry is between the cundarian and daynar entries, but I don't know how to unlock it).

Reactions: DJ_Arashi_Rora

MeepTheChangeling

Jul 9, 2018
The only ones I remember off the top of my head are that humans are...
Thanks! I'll use what I can.
I remember the Matisar lady on Mhen’ga saying her kind reach maturity at 12, and when you look at their codex entry they have a pretty short lifespan of 40-50yrs. Actually having a lifespan, and especially age-of-adulthood, info in the codex entries seems really hit or miss though. The Gryvan entry says 20yrs for them. Maybe assume 18 with any race that doesn't have it otherwise stated? The ones that do mention lifespan have it just below generalized appearance information.
This is probably the correct thing to do. Thank you.

MeepTheChangeling

Jul 9, 2018
This, yeah.

Like ausar may hit their age of majority at 15 but you're never gonna see a sexable ausar under 18 for Obvious Reasons.
I'm aware of that, but I am working on a D20 conversion, specifically Starfinder rulset, and knowing when a culture says its members are adults is actualy important info for those.

Example: You're playing D&D and you want to be a wizard. Well it takes time to become one of those, even a level 1. You also want to play an Elf. Elven Wizard being a good combo. Okay. Fair enough. Now you also want to play a younger character. Is 22 appropriate for the setting? No. You'd still be a child by Elven Standards (Though may appear fully grown to a human depending on setting. If Forgotten Realms, elven adulthood isn't biological but behavioral. TLDR; once you stop remembering being happy as a kid, you're and adult... Elven stickbuttedness thoroughly explained for that setting, eh?). Anyways, you want to play a young, just graduated Elven Wizard. How old should you be? Well the chart says that an elf is an adult at 112 years of age, and the other chart says it takes 5+2d4 years to become a Wizard. You roll, and it looks like your character should have stopped Wizard school around 122 years of age. You don't want to have literally just graduated, and want a few years for backstory stuff to explain why you want to wander as an adventurer, so you decide 126 sounds right for your age.

So yeah. Want to know the ages of adulthood for that purpose.

TheShepard256

I'm aware of that, but I am working on a D20 conversion, specifically Starfinder rulset, and knowing when a culture says its members are adults is actualy important info for those.

[stuff]

So yeah. Want to know the ages of adulthood for that purpose.
You should also keep in mind that just because a race's culture says members of that race are adults at age X doesn't mean such a member must be at least age X to be (or at least act like) an adult, particularly if they grew up in a completely different culture (which can and does happen in TiTS, especially with kaithrit) and/or the culture's definition of adulthood incorporates elements other than sexual maturity. For instance, if an ausar grew up in a human culture, she might not consider herself an adult until she's 18; conversely, if a human grew up in an ausar culture, she might consider herself an adult when she's 15. There's also hybrids to consider.

MeepTheChangeling

Jul 9, 2018
You should also keep in mind that just because a race's culture says members of that race are adults at age X doesn't mean such a member must be at least age X to be (or at least act like) an adult, particularly if they grew up in a completely different culture (which can and does happen in TiTS, especially with kaithrit) and/or the culture's definition of adulthood incorporates elements other than sexual maturity. For instance, if an ausar grew up in a human culture, she might not consider herself an adult until she's 18; conversely, if a human grew up in an ausar culture, she might consider herself an adult when she's 15. There's also hybrids to consider.
Obviously. Yet while Japan may allow girls to marry at age 13 (or at least used to, not sure if they still can), you're still very unlikely to see a 13 year old in collage. The idea is to provide information for players who want to make average for their species individuals.

Just make shit up. It's not like it matters if it's correct for your purposes.
It kind of does matter to me actually. I love this setting and want to do it justice.

• Love
Reactions: Nora Steele

Couch

Scientist
Creator
Aug 26, 2015
I assure you that nobody who's written for the game has put as much thought into this as you are. We all assume 18 because it's the easiest way to avoid skeevy implications and/or actual trouble, much like you shouldn't write a character who's really 700 years old but looks like a child in this sex game. Creating a logically consistent world is much less important than making sure everything is aboveboard.

Just assume 20% of the expected lifespan if you want a number that varies between species. Humans live to be about a hundred, so they're adults at about 20.

MeepTheChangeling

Jul 9, 2018
I assure you that nobody who's written for the game has put as much thought into this as you are. We all assume 18 because it's the easiest way to avoid skeevy implications and/or actual trouble, much like you shouldn't write a character who's really 700 years old but looks like a child in this sex game. Creating a logically consistent world is much less important than making sure everything is aboveboard.

Just assume 20% of the expected lifespan if you want a number that varies between species. Humans live to be about a hundred, so they're adults at about 20.
glances over at the 4 binders of world building notes for a fanfic she wrote I suppose I do overthink things a lot...

Reactions: ShySquare