What is planned for kids?

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
But what does that mean, exactly, from the in-universe perspective and in a situation where those kids possess no discernable characteristics of the Champ? Especially if we are talking about the Champ being the sire. You mentioned TObs playing with the idea that the kids are inheriting from the Champ certain less tangible traits unrelated to their appearance, possibly skipping the genetics entirely and tying them to the character's souls or something similarly metaphysical. However so far only one gets brought up - the supernatural ability to devour new experiences and master new skills, something that is tied to the portal magic much strongly than it is to the Champ him/herself.

Obviously as the players we can trace the game's mechanics and know everything there is to know about these fictional children. In-character, though, the Champ will have no real way of knowing for certain if any kids his lovers pop out are his, especially with all the free love and love-related bodily fluids flying every which way. Suddenly a tiny fraction of Hirrud's paranoia doesn't seem entirely unjustified, and that is no bueno.

At the end of the day, whenever in-depth interactions with the kids and/or the other parent aren't the focus of the pregnancy-related content (as is currently the case for most pregnancies) a huge chunk of the satisfaction the whole thing brings hides behind the hit your lizard brain receives from imagining all of the healthy, tiny half-you's that got brought up into the (fictional) world.

Reactions: Emerald

Kingu2

May 20, 2020
Obviously as the players we can trace the game's mechanics and know everything there is to know about these fictional children. In-character, though, the Champ will have no real way of knowing for certain if any kids his lovers pop out are his, especially with all the free love and love-related bodily fluids flying every which way. Suddenly a tiny fraction of Hirrud's paranoia doesn't seem entirely unjustified, and that is no bueno.
I think you can be pretty sure when a kid is yours. in most cases in this game the girl isn't really fucking anyone else and can be pretty confident about who the father of their child is. If your the one getting pregnant than I shouldn't have to explain why you know for certain that it's yours. Whatever genes they have or whoever they look like is completely irrelevant, They're YOUR CHILD that's all that really matters.

Reactions: zagzig and Alypia

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
the supernatural ability to devour new experiences and master new skills, something that is tied to the portal magic much strongly than it is to the Champ him/herself
Pretty sure its implied the champ had those abilities before the portal incident, it was just there natural born ability.

Reactions: Alypia

Alypia

Apr 22, 2016
You mentioned TObs playing with the idea that the kids are inheriting from the Champ certain less tangible traits unrelated to their appearance, possibly skipping the genetics entirely and tying them to the character's souls or something similarly metaphysical. However so far only one gets brought up - the supernatural ability to devour new experiences and master new skills, something that is tied to the portal magic much strongly than it is to the Champ him/herself.
Like wery said, your connection of the learning thing to portal magic is a headcanon, not something attested in game.

Also, I said "race", not "appearance". We've said little to nothing about what the children actually look like (or how they grow up), for excellent reason; if they were to inherit any of Champ's other physical features (eye color? hair color? face structure?) that would mean even more checks, which would make writing balloon again (which is, again, a thing we don't actually want; imposing those kinds of things on every writer to have to do pregnancy content would, to be blunt, result in less pregnancy content). Other aspects of appearance don't become palpable until after the children have grown up more, which they won't have done over the course of the game anyway, so we don't address it. Tl;dr: there's nothing saying that Champ's children inherit nothing about them, and, like Tobs has suggested, some things indicating that Champ's children do inherit their parent's traits.
The assumption of untruthfulness when your sexual partner informs you that she is pregnant and her child is yours sounds like something that is not the game's fault.

Champ can get many NPCs pregnant: Kiyoko, Brienne, Mikoto, Rindo, Ragnild, Arona, Infrith, Hretha, Salwah, Nihara, Oxana, Lyric, the Hellhound, Gwyneth, Elthara, Eubicha, Atani, Byvernia, the Cat Harem, Zhara, Arona's bodyguards, Vari, and Zuzaan. Which of these partners, exactly, do you think is having someone else's child and passing it off as the PC's? Based on, like you say, in-character reasons.

zagzig

Feb 26, 2021
But what does that mean, exactly, from the in-universe perspective and in a situation where those kids possess no discernable characteristics of the Champ? Especially if we are talking about the Champ being the sire. You mentioned TObs playing with the idea that the kids are inheriting from the Champ certain less tangible traits unrelated to their appearance, possibly skipping the genetics entirely and tying them to the character's souls or something similarly metaphysical. However so far only one gets brought up - the supernatural ability to devour new experiences and master new skills, something that is tied to the portal magic much strongly than it is to the Champ him/herself.

At the end of the day, whenever in-depth interactions with the kids and/or the other parent aren't the focus of the pregnancy-related content (as is currently the case for most pregnancies) a huge chunk of the satisfaction the whole thing brings hides behind the hit your lizard brain receives from imagining all of the healthy, tiny half-you's that got brought up into the (fictional) world.
I... don't understand? So we as players do know the kids are ours, but the champion doesn't necessarily, so Hirrud has a point, and therefore pregnancy in the game is less satisfying than it would be otherwise? Even though we as players do know the fictional children in the fictional game are ours? The lizard brain seems very attached to pc.ora checks.

Either you're playing it like a loving and involved sire, and the kids are yours because they love you and think of you as their sire, and when the game is over you're going to dedicate a significant portion of your time and energy to raising them.

Or you're playing it like Genghis Khan, and the kids are yours because of the law of averages.

Beaver_Boy

Dec 21, 2021
dungeon/bedroom
I don't even need to quote it, but seriously guys.. The heat that hijacked this thread is intense.

Please don't hash out personal issues here when this is a Q/A thread. I mean, really? :rolleyes:

Another question- (more of a holiday request) regarding kids:

Can someone please write something for the nursery that details the other parent (idk.. the date of conception) next to the species of the kids?

I get that they are numbers (and probably will stay that way), but grouping them by species isn't specific whatsoever.

For instance- clumping the Lupine offspring of parent 1 and parent 2 together because they are the same species
is like saying that those kids will all turn out the same regardless of whatever markings/teeth/build they inherit.

Some of us are into actually raising the kids we sire rather than simply impregnation.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
I feel like thats only an issue if your going around knocking up every damn person you meet and are making that number go way up, or your the dude whose had fucking like 50K+ kits with Kiyoko.

Burnerbro

Oct 24, 2020
Can someone please write something for the nursery that details the other parent (idk.. the date of conception) next to the species of the kids?
That looks like it shouldn't require much extra effort at all, actually, because judging by the save files' contents, the game already tracks the children the Champ has with all of the named NPCs that can become the sire or the mom right alongside the number of kids of a certain species. I'm surprised that it isn't a thing yet, though there might well be an obvious potential coding issue I'm not seeing.

I don't even need to quote it, but seriously guys.. The heat that hijacked this thread is intense.

Please don't hash out personal issues here when this is a Q/A thread. I mean, really? :rolleyes:
Fair enough, I'll go make a separate thread for discussing my personal pet peeves and pie-in-the-sky wish lists regarding the in-game pregnancies.

Last edited:
D

Dry Eye

or your the dude whose had fucking like 50K+ kits with Kiyoko.
I actually found some scenes assume I've had more kits with Kiyoko than I actually did at the time.

I remember a time when I only had two kits with kiyoko (kinu and one other) and there were scenes referencing her taking care of her brothers and sisters. Those scenes probably shouldn't have been available that early.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Nah there it is an interaction that exists to be the "you have had more then kinu" varients.

D

Dry Eye

Nah there it is an interaction that exists to be the "you have had more then kinu" varients.
Oh ok, so the scenes becomes available as soon as you have 1 other kit that isn't Kinu, so that is why I was getting scenes mentioning plural siblings when at the time Kinu just had one. We do know they loosely keep track of how many kits you have with Kiyoko because it is tied to her tails.