[What-If] The British Invasion of Savarra

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Scenario Description:
“In 1820, a portal opens between Earth and Savarra in the English county of Norfolk and the Frost Marches respectively. Naturally, Britain decides to invade this realm, since that’s basically what Britain did back then. A week before, however, another intruder had already arrived...”

So, how do you think this will go? Will Britannia rule? Or will it’s advanced (relatively speaking) technology be no match for magic?

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
Britain would lose.

Savarran magic is fucking dummy thicc effective compared to even 1820 Britain. Just look at GATE; that's MODERN Japan and they're still put on the edge every once in a while due to the magic and fantasy creatures.

Britain never stood a chance.

HeroicSpirit

Aug 22, 2019
Britain would lose.

Savarran magic is fucking dummy thicc effective compared to even 1820 Britain. Just look at GATE; that's MODERN Japan and they're still put on the edge every once in a while due to the magic and fantasy creatures.

Britain never stood a chance.
I mean, the thing is Britain has more advanced infantry tactics and, well, guns, including cannons which could probably devastate most conventional forces on Savarra. While I don’t doubt they’ll be having trouble later on, they’ll initially be pretty successful. Also, while magic is good and all that, it’s not especially common, and most armies are nowhere near as big as the British armies.

There is the religious side of things: they’ll go out of their way to try to convert people to Christianity. This is actually would be a pretty bad thing for both the British and native populace, especially with the looming demonic threat. There is no way to know what the outcome would be, either, and if faith alone would be enough to manifest any sort of magical abilities, regardless of the realness attribute of what’s being worshipped.

BubbleLord

Scientist
Creator
Jun 24, 2016
I mean, the thing is Britain has more advanced infantry tactics and, well, guns, including cannons which could probably devastate most conventional forces on Savarra. While I don’t doubt they’ll be having trouble later on, they’ll initially be pretty successful. Also, while magic is good and all that, it’s not especially common, and most armies are nowhere near as big as the British armies.

There is the religious side of things: they’ll go out of their way to try to convert people to Christianity. This is actually would be a pretty bad thing for both the British and native populace, especially with the looming demonic threat. There is no way to know what the outcome would be, either, and if faith alone would be enough to manifest any sort of magical abilities, regardless of the realness attribute of what’s being worshipped.
What makes you think magic isn’t common?

Bruh the Brits would lose. You’re highly underestimating the power of individuals and armies in Savarra as a fantasy setting. They wouldn’t live long enough to make it to the big fish, much less converting.