What does accepting the gods' offer exactly do?

Necros

Nov 23, 2020
I saw that there are offers from the different gods but I'm just curious what exactly they do?
Gameplay wise, not that much. Just gives some side grade powers and semi lock the appearance. And locks you out of Kasyrras romance route.

Lore wise you sell Champs soul to eldritch abominations pretending to be gods and and get it replaces with fake one.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Aside from the exclusive Powers and some dialogue changes, we know from Savin that soulbinding will lock you out of at least one ending (as noted) and may open up others depending on your soulbind.

Also, in lore terms soulbinds are the only TFs that actually affect the Champ's lifespan.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Gameplay wise, not that much. Just gives some side grade powers and semi lock the appearance. And locks you out of Kasyrras romance route.

Lore wise you sell Champs soul to eldritch abominations pretending to be gods and and get it replaces with fake one.
See spoiler for more detail on Necros' spoiler - This was too vague for my taste, more accurately it will lock you out of specific endings of the Romance route with Kasyrra. You can continue the route just fine up until you either A) Tell her you are soulbound or B) Get to a certain point in the story that hasn't been written yet. We don't know yet what endings will be available for Kas and a soulbound Champion if any can still be positive, but anything involving providing her help with your soul will be lost once you give it to the Seven for safe keeping.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
Aside from the exclusive Powers and some dialogue changes, we know from Savin that soulbinding will lock you out of at least one ending (as noted) and may open up others depending on your soulbind.

Also, in lore terms soulbinds are the only TFs that actually affect the Champ's lifespan.
Be real with me Wolf, have you been maintaining a spreadsheet with all dev/author's forum and discord posts so you can drop these links at a drop of a hat?

MarcoPolo121

Apr 24, 2017
Ireland
First, we should list out all 7 Gods of the, erm, Seven, and what if any transformations/patron beasts they offer.

1. Lumia: Does offer a currently-implemented Soulbind, the Valkyrie.
2. Keros: Does offer a currently-implemented Soulbind into a Kitsune.
3. Nareva: Is planned to offer a NYI Soulbind into a Gothmander.
4. Sorra: No soulbind, but being a Harpy is close enough physically if not thematically.
5. Mallach: Ditto, but for Catfolk.
6. Velun: None. Query whether Lupine or Dryad are what his Soulbind would turn you into.
7. Tira: Nada.

With that out of the way, we can discuss all the effects of each Soulbind.

Lumia​

* Physical transformation.
** Angel Wings, if you don't already have wings, on your back.
** Imposes breasts, femininity and female pronouns if not applicable. Breasts are size-adjustable.
** Can grow a vagina if you don't already have one.
  • Unlocks special powers and training options with Annika.
  • Generally positive response from Lumians, especially the other Valkyries in Sunlight Keep.
  • A one-off scene in Hawkthorne where you can give Liaden and Sanders a warm hug.
  • Alters certain scenes during the High Ground quest, including earning you a respectful kneel from the Lumian paladins who come to see you afterwards.
  • During the scene where Etheryn gets her tank set, a Valkyrie PC can participate in the ceremony instead of just spectating.

Keros​

• Transforms you into a foxboy/girl, w/ a generally humanoid body except for fox ears and (up to) nine fluffy tails. You can choose your hair/fur colour and eye colour.
  • Entire Kitsune Den becomes much more receptive to you. Several dialogues are altered, and Komari in general is more open about information concerning the Kitsune Den.
  • You gain the title Champion of Keros; this is also one of several titles that allows you to take Rindo as your Concubine.
  • A couple of sex scenes are only accessible if you're a Kitsune, which includes those that involve Foxfire.
  • You can have your head patted by certain characters.
  • During the Headpat Ceremony event, you can participate.

Besides that, becoming a Harpy allows you to gain the Oviparous trait and grow Transformative Harpy eggs in your womb every fifteen days if not impregnated before then, being a Lupine unlocks certain sex scenes and Catfolk can do catnip with the relevant people. Not definitive, but I think I've left this comment sit in drafts long enough.

Last edited:

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
First, we should list out all 7 Gods of the, erm, Seven, and what if any transformations/patron beasts they offer.
<snip>
Sorra, Tira and Mallach canonically do not do soulbinds. Velun isn't appearing in the game so he's irrelevant to the discussion. A very old and very outdated entry on the wiki about permanent TFs mentioned 'Ent' as his, but that shouldn't be taken as canon.

No Sorra.png
No Tira.png
No Mallach.png
Lumia
* Physical transformation.
** Angel Wings, if you don't already have wings, on your back.
** Can grow a vagina if you don't already have one.
Clarification: Valkyries can choose between white feathered wings and ethereal golden ones that only show up when they're relevant. Also, growing a vagina is not an option as part of the transformation process.

In general, Valkyrie isn't a limiting transformation. You can be whatever you like (it doesn't even replace your race), you just need to have female pronouns, have wings and a minimum of A-cup breasts afterwards.

IraMorti

Dec 5, 2017
If I remember right, while the Gothmanders are traditionally female (I believe they are futa/herm exclusively, but correct me if I'm wrong), I believe it's been said you'll be able to maintain male pronouns and sex characteristics if you so choose, much like with Keros.