What do YOU guys wanna see? (m&f Guards for Zheng Shi)

M&F Spunk Raider Guards for Zheng Shi should be... Which race?

• Total voters

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
I personally think that using saurmorians would be a stereotype.

Their codex mentions a certain gruffness in the males but also states they have impressive emotional control, I'd say they are less likely to engage in criminal behavior.

The females, however, seem like they'd fit right in

Zavos

May 7, 2016
Perhaps the Bruchandus and friends convo should be moved to the Foxx Den, but if you have anything from that project, perhaps it can be used! And stereotypes are good for worldbuilding, which is a big part of games like TiTS. If every NPC in the universe is a ultra snowflake, than any norms are lost and uniqueness becomes meaningless.

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
I don't think that avoiding the "HULK SMASH" stereotype is hard. CoC orcs were seen as peaceful and wrote eye poetry, and CoC II has minotaurs as an enlightened race. I am talking about races here, not single NPCs.

As an aside, it's ironic how the use of "snowflake" as a derogatory term was created (as far as I know) by a gay man writing about toxic masculinity being a mental hindrance.

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
I don't think that avoiding the "HULK SMASH" stereotype is hard. CoC orcs were seen as peaceful and wrote eye poetry, and CoC II has minotaurs as an enlightened race. I am talking about races here, not single NPCs.

Very true

But what exactly constitutes a stereotype in this instance?

I mean in universe the males are seen as emotionally reserved armored brutes but we the audience may see giant metalic armored lizard and think dragon or even stupid berserker, stereotypes that may or may not exit in TiTs

Then with the females they're described as two faced and secretly vile at times. They're the leaders with all that political bs that politicians have. but from their description I'd say they seem like your standard lizard babe, built for sex and not much else

--

If they'd been picked I'd have gone for stoic armored monstrous villains with the guys and spy like quick amugglers who debilitate and sabotage for the females

Kesil

Aug 26, 2015
In this case, it'd be a... "meta-stereotype", if you will. The player would have that of the brute male belonging to a certain race regardless of what the codex says. It wouldn't be a stereotype in the TiTSverse.

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
A decision has been made.

I am keeping the spunk raiders as their own thing instead of rolling them into the star vipers.

I have been instructed that if I chose this route I am to keep their presence on Zheng Shi to a minimum which will be easy since the Bruchandus are winning. One combat encounter and one npc vendor for the Spunk Raiders will be on Zheng Shi.

And if a species with sexual dimorphism like the saumorians suddenly gets 1k votes then it will still be a single combat encounter it will just involve two npcs working together.

So vote, change your votes if you feel like it do whatever you feel you gotta as soon as this seven days of voting are over i'll be getting a gdoc started.

So what, a split between warriors and rogues and they're monstrous villains in their own ways?

yeah pretty much but like this is in keeping with their TiTs universe stereotypes of brutish men and cunning evil women is the point that I was making earlier.

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
I really just can not believe the bruchandi are gonna win

shit makes me happy af, thinking of making him a roving mini-boss along the lines of Ceraph, Roz and that Carona hound dude. Might canibalize Rauk's scenes for him since that's probably never gonna happen idk but eventually there WILL be a pure, masc and unfeminized bruchandus in the game thanks to you guys and gals.

also feel free to continue voting cause there will be other spunk raiders in other areas and other planets.

Reactions: Jongeedubs

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
lol i hear ya

Depends on what kind of personality I make for him but, as a spunk raider and guard for Zheng Shi, i don't see at the moment. I'll give it some serious consideration though.

As it stands my initial thought is to make him either a silly psycho or a tough as nails cop gone bad... but that's just off the top of my head i'm hella open to suggestions

Reactions: ThasV and Zavos

Foxxling

Scientist
Creator
Alright so Zheng Shi guard will be a bruchandus in power armor

Just one guy who is patrolling the station. Thanks for the votes and all that jazz i'll get started soon as I'm done with what I'm doing with the bat tf and Angus (cause I'm always working on Angus more info to come once things are closer to being done for the form i'm working on) So my ubiquitous two hours of writing a day are filled rn but the bat tf should be done soon then he, Havir I think I'll call him, will take its spot.