What classes are the companions?

CourtOfTheGrayWaves

May 15, 2022
I was curious and wondered, because I was worried that it would be repetitive of me to play a certain class when I already have them on my team.

Aelana

Apr 16, 2020
You can disable images and see their icons. They default to warrior for brint, etc.

That said it is deliberately a flexible class system. Have fun, play around. There is nothing that stops you from taking a healing spell as a warrior, being a charmer carrying a gigant axe, whatever. Have fun

Reactions: morii

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Companions fill different niches based on their gear sets (when applicable) so there isn't really one clear answer for all of them. Cait for example covers both healing and offensive casting in her Passion Priestess set, is a support caster in her Witch set, is (mostly) Holy DPS in Hexblade Leathers and a horni nuker in Sun Dancer's Silks.

D

dirt_code

You can switch classes later and most of the companions have different class sets that change their role as well but if you're worried about overlapping, I'd say avoid playing a warrior/tank since there are plenty of companions that can fill that role. Dedicated healers on the other hand are in short supply with Cait, Etheryn, and sort of Agni being you're only real options so playing one is a good choice.

Sacremas

Jan 11, 2023
Sneaky Rogue type disabling people or exploiting status effects for stupid damage are the one for the most part missing from companions, Cait's hexblade sort of covers it, but I tend to have her on healbot for the most part (go Hexblade for ghosts and for honey golem). Otherwise if you want to be tease nuker charmer Champ will get higher sexiness than any comp, some enemies are immune to tease though so carry alternatives, and meanwhile can be heal aura. But for the most part you can run any class, my most frequent class choices are warrior tank (Str+End+Will) going paladin route after mixing in some heals and holy damage, black mage nuker (Cunning+Will+Presence), or charmer (Presence + whatever).