Wayfort question (post winter city)

Kaplah

Jan 14, 2017
With the new Bailiff NPC, we can become a vassal of the Winter City and before I accept it I was wondering what kind of implications that may have on the champion's future as well as interactions with the various nobles and leaders we're inevitably going to meet in future content.

The new content we'd get from accepting is explained when the offer is made (and I imagine any consequences of blowback on the throne will happen regardless since we travel with Ryn and are neighbours even if we refuse) but what sticks in my mind is that this makes us go from being a friend of the Winter City to being a part of it. Being a part of the Boreal Elf kingdom means that any future political dealings we make will, at least in part, be made as a member of that kingdom and I can definitely see that having an effect on future interactions.

So before I accept the offer I want to know: is our status as a lord of Ryn's kingdom going to have a notable effect on future content beyond the wayfort or am I reading too much into all of this?

Savin

Master Analmander
Staff member
Aug 26, 2015
is our status as a lord of Ryn's kingdom going to have a notable effect on future content beyond the wayfort or am I reading too much into all of this?

Ideally, yes, though it probably won't be too dramatically different most of the time than if you become a self-made lord without the Winter City (something you'll be able to do later). Consider taking Ryn's offer of lordship as the easy route to that destination.

Kaplah

Jan 14, 2017
Ideally, yes, though it probably won't be too dramatically different most of the time than if you become a self-made lord without the Winter City (something you'll be able to do later). Consider taking Ryn's offer of lordship as the easy route to that destination.

Any idea when that's going to be a thing? I'm not expecting an exact date but is it in the currently being made, the soon(tm) or the probably not for a year(s) section? If it's an option I at least want to hold off until I can weigh it. As much as I like hate to turn down an offer as big as Ryn's (especially with how she responds to it) the idea of being a self made lord IS more appealing.

Animalistic

Jul 11, 2019
As much as I like hate to turn down an offer as big as Ryn's (especially with how she responds to it) the idea of being a self made lord IS more appealing.
My boy/girl/person, exquisite taste. People are passing, legacy slightly less so.