War Thunder

Brainbow

Sep 16, 2015
Anyone here play War Thunder?

If so, do you play most ground forces or air battles? Which countries do you play most?

Personally I play ground battles as Germany and air battles as USA. I'm currently at around tier III in both trees. Air battles is becoming a bit of a grind because I'm absolutely awful at dogfighting. My tactic now is basically just fly up to ~5km in my P-38 and try to shoot down some bombers. I usually get 2-4 kills a match like that, with maybe one death.

I'm so bad at this game.

Last edited by a moderator:

Graav

Aug 26, 2015
Italy
I play german ground tier 4 / soviet ground tier 3 and german and japan air tier 2 (the new matchmaking is a s...t)

Brainbow

Sep 16, 2015
I haven't noticed. I get ripped to shreds no matter what. My little .50 cals do nothing to glorious soviet paint.

NewbieGuy

Aug 28, 2015
 American air and ground. I currently reached tier 6 with planes but play mostly with my Aircobra (Dat nose cannon shreds bombers and soviets >:D ). 

As for ground forces, well... I'm at tier 3 but I rarely play it. Mainly cuz i never understood the mechanics for armor so it always seemed like the person who got the first shot off always won regardless if it was a heavy tank or a light (i know it's not like that now, lat time i drove a tank was like six month ago)

"Jack of all trades, master of none" Credo of the Airacobra

Brolaire

Oct 20, 2015
Have been playing War Thunder for an insanely long time and I was part of the first wave on the Ground Forces Beta. I play Soviet, German and American vehicles for both air and ground but my most advanced one is the Soviet tree .I stopped playing the air forces since every time i joined a match it was just a ramming fest, nobody would fire their weapons. The amount of kills i get depend on what game mode i play, although I main simulator on the ground.

booleanquestion

Oct 16, 2015
Love me some WT.

I mostly play US Air and Ground, unless I get tired of losing. If I do I'll switch to Soviet Air and Ground.

I really like my US fighters, they can be kind of a bitch to fly though. Gotta get really close to get the most out of the .50s, and you need to pay really close attention to air speed. Been out-turned by bombers a couple of times because I let my air seed drop from "sky whale" to "dead, beached sky-whale"

Soviets are just kind of easy mode, big ol' guns and generally good maneuvering and speed.

Shermans are, if you can position them right, pretty funny. You can spend a while tanking shots from 4 Pzkpw IVs or T-34s if you abuse your gun depression right.

I have a slew of T-34s, but I always feel dirty when I'm driving them, good way to win the GE Wagers though, just gotta make sure you've got a low BR TIII in there as well.

Brainbow

Sep 16, 2015
Have been playing War Thunder for an insanely long time and I was part of the first wave on the Ground Forces Beta. I play Soviet, German and American vehicles for both air and ground but my most advanced one is the Soviet tree .I stopped playing the air forces since every time i joined a match it was just a ramming fest, nobody would fire their weapons. The amount of kills i get depend on what game mode i play, although I main simulator on the ground.

Firing off a couple of rounds before they get the target indicator and doing a barrel roll to get out of the way of their shells has proved useful to me against rammers c:

Brolaire

Oct 20, 2015
Firing off a couple of rounds before they get the target indicator and doing a barrel roll to get out of the way of their shells has proved useful to me against rammers c:

Tried doing just that for a very long time and did it successfully against the enemy players. The problem was that most of the time they were on my team and would come from behind . :l

Nekas

Aug 31, 2015
went to play it again ...i have become crap at that game xD since last time i played it was 4-6 months ago. while ground part i can still do average in air ...

Brainbow

Sep 16, 2015
You should totally hop back in! I think I'm averge-slightly below average when it comes to air battles, (I only play arcade because I'm too salty to only have one life) but that hasn't stopped me from getting to rank 4 in the US tech tree now! And rank 3 UK and Soviet too! (Only because I bought one of the steam packs that comes with 10k golden eagles, 2 months premium and two premium planes (Pe-2 for soviet and a Typhoon for UK) and three additional premium planes the past weekend when everything was 50% off. I'm loving the Fw 190! It rips through everything!)

Ground strike I find pretty easy, I'm usually somewhere in the top 3 most of the matches. The Panzer IV F2 is incredible, as long as you don't get too cocky and expose yourself too much. The cannon is very precise and you're well off hiding behind buildings or rocks and sniping people.

Brainbow

Sep 16, 2015
I'm not sure about ships yet. I've watched some World of Warships gameplay and it didn't look very fun to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for large scale realistic battles with players fighting at sea, land and in the air! It's going to be epic ^^

Graav

Aug 26, 2015
Italy
I'm not sure about ships yet. I've watched some World of Warships gameplay and it didn't look very fun to me. Don't get me wrong, I'm excited for large scale realistic battles with players fighting at sea, land and in the air! It's going to be epic ^^

I played World of Warship, but the gameplay was too slow and arcade, like the other titles World of Tanks and World of Warplane

booleanquestion

Oct 16, 2015
Honestly, I have high hopes for the Naval stuff. I didn't like World of Tanks all that much, but I like WT Ground Forces. Wasn't a fan of World of Warplanes, but I like WT Air Forces. Kinda hoping the trend continues.

Brainbow

Sep 16, 2015
Yeah. The world of series looks alright, but I just can't stand the fact that they have health bars and damage numbers and all that. I much prefer the more organic ways of War Thunder.

Graav

Aug 26, 2015
Italy
What do you think about te new patch they release? i think stalingrad i'ts too big and close quarters for only 30 player

Brainbow

Sep 16, 2015
I've only played air battles. I think it's good, only thing I don't like is everyone bitching about the new G-LOC mechanic. Also there's an exploit where you get a bunch of RP if you suicide in a bomber, so it's pretty unplayable right now. Like half of your team suicides at the start of the match.

booleanquestion

Oct 16, 2015
I do ground forces, but I haven't actually seen the new maps. Damn Finland was the only thing I was getting. Better than Jungle I guess. Stuff looks really pretty, but that's about all I can really say about it.

G-LOC is a kick. I'll probably find it annoying later, but for now I'm just amazed at how often I fall unconscious in a Corsair.

Brainbow

Sep 16, 2015
It has only happened to me like twice. Poor American tier III / IV planes can't turn hard enough ;n; But that's fine. I boom and zoom anyway, turnfighting makes me dizzy.