Viviane not triggering?

Irmo

Aug 8, 2021
I've interacted with Viviane in the past but have been running through the forest for days and days now and for some reason, she's not triggering. Is there something I'm overlooking or is there a way to maximize the chance?

Animefan666

Sep 6, 2020
You should be able to find her in the Old Forest day or night after the first encounter.

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
Are you playing the same file as before or a new one? Because if it's a new file, Viv won't show up at all until you've seen her dream (which in turn requires you to be Level 2 in order to find the witchy gear set that's a prerequisite) so that might be a factor.

Otherwise it's probably just RNG Shenanigans.

Irmo

Aug 8, 2021
While I've recently started a new game on a different computer, the one I'm referring to now is still my first playthrough. I must have done a dozen circles at least around the Old Forest trying to talk to Viviane. No success. Just hordes of wolves, effigies and painted demons...

Any chance getting the "I ain't afraid of no ghost" quest messes something up?

Balaknightfang

Resident Coke Addict
Aug 5, 2018
Have you seen her dream on your save? You have to have either found her corset or slept during halloween (you can cheat this with the holiday setting in the main menu), either of which enables her dream, which in turn enables her.

Irmo

Aug 8, 2021
Have you seen her dream on your save? You have to have either found her corset or slept during halloween (you can cheat this with the holiday setting in the main menu), either of which enables her dream, which in turn enables her.
Yes, yes, as I said, I've had previous interactions with her. I have the collar of submission in my inventory, and the Witch Corset is in storage since I switched to Kunoichi gear

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
I encountered her using your save in less than a minute of searching; you're clearly just having bad luck with the RNG.

Irmo

Aug 8, 2021
I encountered her using your save in less than a minute of searching; you're clearly just having bad luck with the RNG.
Weird. I loaded the file in, hoping that maybe does something, but I did three full tours of the Old Forest circuit and encountered pretty much everyone else - hornets, wolves, effigies, demons, elf boy, wyld elf band....and then on the fourth circle, she finally appeared. That must have been some serious bad luck. All in all, I must have done some twenty circles. Now I wish there was a way to disable painted demons, because I seriously can't see them anymore :p

ETA: Luckily enough, after continuing the above-mentioned quest, it didn't take QUITE as long to run into Viviane again for her to make the new set...

Last edited:
Reactions: Baggrin

WolframL

Feb 12, 2020
The Explore option is a much more reliable way to trigger field encounters than simply walking around a bunch, because with the latter approach you're not guaranteed to get an encounter when you move between tiles while with Explore you'll definitely get something.

wery12345

Aug 1, 2021
Yeah explore for field encounters does wonders, pick a fight for fights/encounters that can be a fight is another helpful hint. Just gonna use kitsune cause it triggers the damn Kura and group still lol.